Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

I see your 24 and raise you 72 :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

flyboi posted:

this is actually only 36

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

noirstronaut posted:

this is actually only 36

Last I checked 4x18 is 72

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flyboi posted:

Last I checked 4x18 is 72

But two are still wrapped in plastic so can't hold anything.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Turtlicious posted:

But two are still wrapped in plastic so can't hold anything.

He is clearly like your elderly aunt and wraps all his belongings back in the plastic so they don't get dirty.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

New Nintendo 3DS Chat: Just glue some plastic poo poo to it

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Are there even more than 36 3ds games worth owning at this point?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

flyboi posted:

37 copies of Imagine Petz Dogz

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

flyboi posted:

37 copies of Kid Icarus, according to the thread.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I finally made it over the hump in Last Specter. Puzzle wise I am at 70/155 so about 1/2 through the game. I realize what it is about this one that has bothered me: long stretches of nothing. When I play, I try to do either 5 or 10 puzzles a session. I was at 49 or something and it took 15 mins of wandering and talking before I found another puzzle. In other words, the pacing in this game is off.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Haruharuharuko posted:

New Nintendo 3DS Chat: Just glue some plastic poo poo to it

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Just throw poo poo at it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cloks posted:

37 copies of Kid Icarus, according to the thread.

Correct

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
So if I'm looking to cut the game card holders out of game cases in order to glue them to my 3ds what is step 1.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
practice scissoring.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
This thread has so much content and we're only 84 pages in.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

noirstronaut posted:

This thread has so much content and we're only 84 pages in.

This is the best thread.

Cut out and glue cartridge holders to your dick and then suck it, human being!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

im sorry you cant let go of your hate and accept brilliance, this will catch on like wildfire.

Oh poo poo, I could have super glued this to the bottom,

If you guys didn't realize it was a troll by this, then I don't even know what to say. Unless this is some SA parody of a parody of a parody inception poo poo like FYAD and nuGBS.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i mean in the greater realm of stupid things goons have done this is hardly even noteworthy

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Red Robin Hood posted:

Cut out and glue cartridge holders to your dick and then suck it, human being!

:eyepop:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Uh, I was going to ask what the best 3DS Adventure Time game was, but I could come back later. At a better time.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
In a non-glue related post, every Fred Meyer near here is sold out of Smash and OR/AS and neither Target or Walmart will price match.

Sucks to suck.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
TRU will price match.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Uh, I was going to ask what the best 3DS Adventure Time game was, but I could come back later. At a better time.

Ice King >> Nameless Kingdom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Explore the Dungeon.

Ice King is a simple but fun Zelda 2 clone, Nameless Kingdom is a blatant (and blatantly unfinished) Link to the Past clone, Explore the Dungeon is a terrible Gauntler-style game and the 3DS port is especially bad.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ice King >> Nameless Kingdom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Explore the Dungeon.

Ice King is a simple but fun Zelda 2 clone, Nameless Kingdom is a blatant (and blatantly unfinished) Link to the Past clone, Explore the Dungeon is a terrible Gauntler-style game and the 3DS port is especially bad.

What do you mean by unfinished?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What do you mean by unfinished?

It has maybe four dungeons or something.

EDIT: also, no stereo 3D.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 4, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It has maybe four dungeons or something.

Not too bad for a Zelda clone, I guess.

Are there a lot of those on the 3DS?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Were you conceived in the Mad Katz Gameboy Color accessory department? :downsbravo:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Not too bad for a Zelda clone, I guess.

Are there a lot of those on the 3DS?

I can't think of any others off the top of my head, no, but there are 10+ real Zelda games available across 3DS, DS and Virtual Console.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fremry posted:

If you guys didn't realize it was a troll by this, then I don't even know what to say. Unless this is some SA parody of a parody of a parody inception poo poo like FYAD and nuGBS.

When your trolling technique is pretending to be an idiot, the only person you're trolling, is your self

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Welp, got my New 3DS back from repairs for a dead pixel but now there's a speck of dust under the screen and the back cover doesn't quite fit right. My repair sheet says they replaced the screen (understandable) and the main PCB (why?) Also says the serial number changed so it looks like they gave me a replacement. I was thinking of just returning it since it already looked like it was going to turn into a PITA and I have my previous 3DSXL but now the box and system serials don't match. Not to impressed with whom Nintendo subcontracted their repairs to. I bought a used DSi XL that was immaculate, yet this brand new device has been small issue after small issue. First world problems, ahoy! Anyway, just venting. I'm gonna call them later today.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 4, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Any chance 4 swords gets another rerelease?

I don't understand why they wouldn't just throw it on the eshop for $5.99. Especially because they gave it away for free.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Waltzing Along posted:

Any chance 4 swords gets another rerelease?

I don't understand why they wouldn't just throw it on the eshop for $5.99. Especially because they gave it away for free.

For Wii U, maybe.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

noirstronaut posted:

I don't remember who here had a DSTWO on a New, but does it still work after the update?

Haven't tried

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Dear 3DS Goons,

I got hit with the black screen of death this evening. Tried removing the battery and leaving it out for a bit. As well as removing the SD card, game cartridge, etc. No love. I'd like to upgrade to the New 3DS XL but I cannot do a system transfer with this dead 3dsXL. I don't want to lose all my eShop games and saves.

Is it possible for me to send this broken 3dsXL in along with a New3DSXL and have them do a system transfer? Anybody in this thread with experience in dealing with this or repairs?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Turtlicious posted:

it's how I budget my money, I buy amazon and visa gift cards and that's my spending money, everything else is in an account I don't touch.

Then buy eShop cards you moron, loving hell.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Man none of these newer 3DS themes are gonna come outta Japan and over here are they?

This one even comes with the main theme and everything!

I want Doraemon and Evangelion themes connected to my veins, forever.

Turtlicious posted:

:chanpop:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Waltzing Along posted:

E: I am so on the fence about amiibos. On one hand I'd like to try them out but there aren't many that really interest me. On the other, I can see myself going nuts buying them and spending too much $$$.

Are they worth it?
If you just want to use them for their game applications and not care about the hunks of plastic attached to the chips, wait until they release them in card form. They should be significantly cheaper. I'll probably pick up a few at that point. Need a Link, at least.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

flyboi posted:

'sup duder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

So I spent the money and imported a grip for the new 3ds off eBay and it still said it hasn't shipped I contacted the seller and got a response I though was pretty funny.

quote:

dear buyer
thanks for your contact and we are so glad to service for you
sorry for the trouble
as the system`s problem,it still not signed shippend
but we really have sent it out on Mar-01 ,pls do not worry,it will arrive you safely
just hope you could pay more patience to wait it
any other question welcome
good day!
Machine translation is the loving best