Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I'm counting the seconds until Warner uses a Manus island sledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
tbh I don't think Warner has enough awareness to even know what Manus Island is.

Also the team sheet I saw on twitter had smith at 3 but I don't know if it was an official thing or not

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Pvt. Public posted:

gently caress Perth, gently caress Western Australia, gently caress the ICC.

racist

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Go Afghanistan

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Finchy Finchy Finchy, oy oy oy.

Go Afghanistan

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
That was a cracker of an over. Dawlat worked him over.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Haha Warner has started mouthing off already. In fairness he's in the right.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Seams posted:

Wait did they really drop Watson or are they just 'resting' him
You'd think they'd target this match for batting practice for him if he was in the long term plans. I think he's gone.

FWIW they've done this the worst possible way. Nothing necessarily wrong with dropping Watson but it had to be Bailey that came in and Marsh making way for Faulkner. Now we have Maxwell at five which puts an absurd amount of pressure on our top four. If they all fail I foresee us getting rolled like in the NZ game quite a bit - that game was a useful instruction as to what will happen if Maxi and Marsh have to come in before 25 overs

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I agree but realistically we don't need a huge score to win here unless the bowlers go mental. The side is nowhere near balanced.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Shmoses posted:

You'd think they'd target this match for batting practice for him if he was in the long term plans. I think he's gone.

FWIW they've done this the worst possible way. Nothing necessarily wrong with dropping Watson but it had to be Bailey that came in and Marsh making way for Faulkner. Now we have Maxwell at five which puts an absurd amount of pressure on our top four. If they all fail I foresee us getting rolled like in the NZ game quite a bit - that game was a useful instruction as to what will happen if Maxi and Marsh have to come in before 25 overs

They might still add Bailey later, Faulkner might not yet be up to bowling 10 overs so want to have Marsh in there still

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
The current pair seem to be treating the attack with some respect, they're certainly not carting it around, they'll probably wait for the first bowing change for that.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

You are probably short a batsman but on the other hand you have Haddin 7, Faulkner 8, Johnson 9.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I agree but realistically we don't need a huge score to win here unless the bowlers go mental. The side is nowhere near balanced.

I'm not talking about just today, if this is the team we're settling on we aren't going to win the WC. It won't hurt us today but it will in the long run unless the plan is to drop Marsh for Bailey.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

You are probably short a batsman but on the other hand you have Haddin 7, Faulkner 8, Johnson 9.
Yes and Starc 10, but it didn't really help us on Saturday did it

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
Man, Shane Warne and his fellating of Shane Watson is really annoying.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Dumb Username posted:

Man, Shane Warne and his fellating of Shane Watson is really annoying.

You see the problem is he hasn't been playing his natural game.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Pakistan need to get a hurry on. NRR is likely to be very important for them, West Indies and Ireland so letting the UAE bat out their overs will hurt them.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Good to hear the Australian commentators know literally nothing about the Afghan players to the extent where they don't even mention them. It's almost like they are not even playing this game.

This is an international feed right?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Michael Slater is apparently surprised by the decision to drop Watson

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Mister Chief posted:

Pakistan need to get a hurry on. NRR is likely to be very important for them, West Indies and Ireland so letting the UAE bat out their overs will hurt them.

Afridi heard you.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

Good to hear the Australian commentators know literally nothing about the Afghan players to the extent where they don't even mention them. It's almost like they are not even playing this game.

They can't be bothered to research the English so it's a bit rich expecting them to learn all these funny names. Richie isn't the captain any more, I doubt they still use the same training methods.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

cpaf posted:

They keep talking like Watson is a legitimate top order batsman.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

If Warner doesn't get 200 here they should drop him.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

cpaf posted:

Slater's a known moron though

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

RideTheSpiral posted:

I think the producer just got into their ear about this, they did 2 minutes of afghanistan chat before resuming normal programming.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
Surprisingly, it's only the C9 commentators that are talking up Watson. Fleming pretty much said Watson's a poo poo oval office.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

They can't be bothered to research the English so it's a bit rich expecting them to learn all these funny names. Richie isn't the captain any more, I doubt they still use the same training methods.

I'm legitimately triggered by the fact that the only mention of the Afghans is how honoured and lucky they should feel to play this great team on this great pitch that they've never seen the likes of before.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Dumb Username posted:

Surprisingly, it's only the C9 commentators that are talking up Watson. Fleming pretty much said Watson's a poo poo oval office.

Yeah that was pretty good.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I hope Hayden is there. He asked Pomie if he had been domesticated the other night.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

I hope Hayden is there. He asked Pomie if he had been domesticated the other night.

Was that when they were talking about how much they loved bush? Hayden was talking so much poo poo even Pomie was speechless

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Shapoor is a large man who likes fast bowling, stunning insight from Michael Slater

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

webmeister posted:

Shapoor is a large man who likes fast bowling, stunning insight from Michael Slater

He's a Big Unit.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Phwoar

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
there needs to be an option to mute the australians, both the players and the commentators

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Scylo posted:

there needs to be an option to mute the australians, both the players and the commentators

Fleming won't let Sanjay call the game. It's so weird that you can't listen to a cricket game without hearing 5 anecdotes about Craig Mcdermot. Who the gently caress gives a poo poo about Craig Mcdermot.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Back in my day 220 was a good score!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Just noticed Warner hasn't hit a six yet, is this his highest score without one?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How long are the boundaries?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

How long are the boundaries?

about 70 x 75

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

I'm legitimately triggered by the fact that the only mention of the Afghans is how honoured and lucky they should feel to play this great team on this great pitch that they've never seen the likes of before.

It is patronising but it probably is the best fast bowler pitch they've bowled on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
i dont think afghanistan are going to win this match