Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
You people do realise Grandstand is covering the game, right? You dont have to listen to the Ch9 shitlords

Afghan bowlers look like they have a lot of potential. Really hope they get more moey and support for the future, they look like they could be a good team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It is patronising but it probably is the best fast bowler pitch they've bowled on.

Probably is the operative word here. The commentators have no idea where they've played and they don't care. Maybe they've played an associate tournament here.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

It is patronising but it probably is the best fast bowler pitch they've bowled on.

I'm sure they've played on a few minefields in their time

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

webmeister posted:

I'm sure they've played on a few minefields in their time

Is this racism? *mashes report button*

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Gotta play while you're being shot at

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
It's interesting to note that Shane Warne is the worst drone they've ever encountered.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I will say that they are at least forcing Smith and Warner to respect them. Which is something in itself. Out of all the associates Afghanistan probably have the most potential. Ireland has the runs on the board so to speak but they aren't as good with the ball which is more important.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I've been pleasantly surprised with Pommie Mbangwa's commentary this tournament - you can tell that he's either watched a fair bit of associate cricket or he's done his research since he's about the only one who can talk in any depth about any of their players.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Smorgasbord posted:

I've been pleasantly surprised with Pommie Mbangwa's commentary this tournament - you can tell that he's either watched a fair bit of associate cricket or he's done his research since he's about the only one who can talk in any depth about any of their players.

Pommie is easily one of the best commentators and overall blokes in cricket.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah I've warmed to him.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Ouch that's mighty unlucky for the bowler.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

Its quite poo poo that these so called experts can't be arsed doing a tiny bit of research.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Its quite poo poo that these so called experts can't be arsed doing a tiny bit of research.

I cant get over the fact they refuse to employ professional broadcasters.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Haha the bowler gets belted for two sixes and beats Warner with a slower ball that lobs between two fielders and rolls for four. Bowling is a mugs game.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Australia keeping an out-of-form all-rounder at 3 has been one of the braver strategies in world cricket.

Can't believe all that faith in Watto was misplaced - maybe he just needs to smash a few in the nets.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Nice bit of fight from UAE in the other game.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Warner is hitting little kids in the crowd the monster

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Warner is a monster

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
You prick! At least the kid's still breathing.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Warner being the prick, I mean.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Warner Obamaing little Afghan children.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
That's one tough little kid. Hope he's OK!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
What about the poo poo dad on his cellphone

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
That kid took that like a trooper.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

And the dude diving for the catch booted a little girl in the head

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

subroc posted:

That dude owned.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

RideTheSpiral posted:

That kid took that like a trooper.

That calm look is actually him going into shock.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

subroc posted:

And none of them came close to catching it, a shameful crowd.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Smorgasbord posted:

To be fair launching yourself 3 rows headfirst at a brutal flat six is a reasonable effort.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Kiwi tragics only - Trent Boult interviewed by Ali Ikram

http://www.3news.co.nz/tvshows/campbelllive/bowling-magic-with-trent-boult-2015030419#axzz3TP8IzOZM

Ikram's dad was a solid cricketer from Pakistan and used to work as the local liason when Pakistan toured NZ, so apparently he'd get to have Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Javed Miandad etc round for dinner.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I hope David Warner gives that kid his bat.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

I hope David Warner gives that kid his bat.

He already tried giving him the ball.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

dusty posted:

Kiwi tragics only - Trent Boult interviewed by Ali Ikram

http://www.3news.co.nz/tvshows/campbelllive/bowling-magic-with-trent-boult-2015030419#axzz3TP8IzOZM

Ikram's dad was a solid cricketer from Pakistan and used to work as the local liason when Pakistan toured NZ, so apparently he'd get to have Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Javed Miandad etc round for dinner.

"Trent Boult is an inspiration to small mouthed kids everywhere" - The Alternative Commentary Collective

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Shane Watson sucks so I'm not sure why they are talking about him.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

RideTheSpiral posted:

It's interesting to note that Shane Warne is the worst drone they've ever encountered.

Good, good.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

cheering yobbos in the background

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

the selectors made a tough decision mate. it was really tough. Good on the selectors for doing some selecting, it must have been tough. Tough.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

"Trent Boult is an inspiration to small mouthed kids everywhere" - The Alternative Commentary Collective

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

He's highly marketable which probably accounts for the Ch9 memo circulated instructing employees to furiously fellate him at any opportunity and apparently he has also really been smashing them in the nets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

shot