Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

I'd say go Suda just because Vaykor Marelok is a thing. You might get a replacement if a generous goon gives one away.
Is there any difference in these weapons to the regular versions? just a paint scheme or legit change?

Thanks for reply too goons. I am working on Steel Meridian after Suda, so I might trade for that Marelock with Suda stuff if that's how it works(?) and save the Catalyst for that Vaykor Marelok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Flipswitch posted:

Is there any difference in these weapons to the regular versions? just a paint scheme or legit change?

Thanks for reply too goons. I am working on Steel Meridian after Suda, so I might trade for that Marelock with Suda stuff if that's how it works(?) and save the Catalyst for that Vaykor Marelok.

Syndicate weapons range from marginally better to immensely better than their standard variants, even before taking their inherent proc into account.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Lord Wexia posted:

When people are talking about a "Stalker Hunt" or whatever, are they just getting 4 people together with marks and sitting in a mission for 4 minutes and if no dudes show up, bail?

5 minutes, but yeah. Low level survivals are the mission most people do since it has a built-in timer.

^^ Vaykor has better stats and an aoe explosion proc.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

The wiki compares the Vaykor Marelok to the regular version: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vaykor_Marelok

The pages for Prime, Syndicate, etc. gear compare them to the normal versions.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Aha cheers guys, hadn't even thought of the wiki.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

EroticBlacksmith posted:

If you kill a boss you get a Stalker mark. You can have 1 stalker mark per boss. If you're marked you have a low chance in any non-boss and non-syndicate mission for the Stalker to show up. If one of you kills the other the mark is used up, if you abort, the mark stays. None of the void "bosses" give a stalker mark. I can't remember if Lephantis does or not.

If you run 5 invasions against Corpus (i.e. for the Grineer) you get a Zanuka Hunter mark. You can only have 1 Zanuka Hunter mark. The Zanuka Hunter can show up in any non-boss, non-syndicate Corpus mission.

If you run 5 invasions against Grineer (i.e. for the Corpus) you get a G3 mark. You can only have 1 G3 mark. The G3 can show up in any non-boss, non-syndicate mission.

A special note, NONE of the hunters can show up in Venus or Mercury missions.

I'm sure there's some details I've missed, but that's the general gist of hunters in Warframe.

Pretty sure the G3 only show up in missions where Grineer are enemies (so regular Grineer missions, Invasion Corpus side or possibly Crossfire). Same with Harvester except Corpus.
Leph and every other boss with a proper Assassination mission has an associated Stalker deathmark.
I wasn't aware the G3/Harvester deathmark was guaranteed to show up on the 5th mission.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Kyte posted:

Pretty sure the G3 only show up in missions where Grineer are enemies (so regular Grineer missions, Invasion Corpus side or possibly Crossfire). Same with Harvester except Corpus.
Leph and every other boss with a proper Assassination mission has an associated Stalker deathmark.
I wasn't aware the G3/Harvester deathmark was guaranteed to show up on the 5th mission.

Absolutely right on the G3, I just forgot to add the word Grineer, I've fixed that now. And yeah, the mark always shows up if you run all 5 missions in a row.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Kyte posted:

For completion's sake, the G3 absolutely can show up in the Derelicts too, after the "Grineer show up and replace the infested" event happens.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Since we're on the topic of invaders, are there are any tips for fighting them? I can handle the syndicate death squads easily, but the Stalker and the G3 always manage to kill me. I can't even see the Stalker most of the time -- screen flickers, he taunts me, I turn around and suddenly I'm dead. I usually play solo, but the same thing happens even when I'm with a group (of pubbies).

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Thranguy posted:

For completion's sake, the G3 absolutely can show up in the Derelicts too, after the "Grineer show up and replace the infested" event happens.

I thought hunters only spawned within 8 minutes (IIRC) of mission start.
So it's any mission that spawns Grineer/Corpus as enemy (including mid-mission events), not just those that start as such?

Solumin posted:

Since we're on the topic of invaders, are there are any tips for fighting them? I can handle the syndicate death squads easily, but the Stalker and the G3 always manage to kill me. I can't even see the Stalker most of the time -- screen flickers, he taunts me, I turn around and suddenly I'm dead. I usually play solo, but the same thing happens even when I'm with a group (of pubbies).

IIRC they lock the doors, so try to make sure you don't get boxed in. For Stalker try to find where he spawns and unload a Big Gun the second his invincibility wears off. His spawn animation is fairly slow. Otherwise I try to keep my distance so he favors the Dread and sprint/copter/etc a lot and hope to get potshots in between maneuvers. Remember he always flickers... 3 times, IIRC.

G3 is much easier since they're vulnerable to CC powers. Just make sure to keep track of their locations.

Oh, and:

quote:

Tenno,

Update 16 is getting close, but we still have a lot of work and polish ahead of us. To help us ensure that we deliver the best update we can, we have all hands on deck with U16, and we will not be deploying any hotfixes or updates until U16 is in your hands*. We really want to knock your sugatras off with this update, and we appreciate your patience as we get closer to release.

*(If an emergency arises, we will deal with it and update this thread)
I guesstimate it should arrive in 2 or 3 weeks.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 3, 2015

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
So, 8 months for us.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I'm curious as to how they are splitting up the workload considering they have the D&D Lost Coast project as well.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

n-Space is the one developing Sword Coast Legends. DE is providing "guidance and publishing support".

Also DE has a shitload more employees now than they did when they started on Warframe. Initial team size was around a dozen or so iirc, and now is well over 100.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Man that Rift Event is some bullshit. Got through it, though (thanks Tallegeese!).

Seriously though the mechanic abuse school of difficulty has to be one of the worst, and this is its distilled form. What the hell.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It was a bug. DE fixed the bug. Some people liked the bug. DE said "sure why not" and made an escalation alert with behavior similar to the bug.
That's basically it.

E: Don't confuse events with tac alerts. If Events are gameplay experiments Tac Alerts are DE literally going "let's see if this sticks". It's why the 2nd and 3rd stages never reward anything big.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 3, 2015

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

RIP the pub Loki I just did the escalation with. We got to 98% on the final wave and then he crashed and couldn't get reinvited.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

vOv posted:

RIP the pub Loki I just did the escalation with. We got to 98% on the final wave and then he crashed and couldn't get reinvited.

That poor pub, that must be the most soul crushing thing. Not that I didn't have my own woes back with Tethra's doom, where looking at the objective would make me crash. I still treasure that quantum badge.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
getting real tired of being constantly booted out of squads during mission select due to DE's lovely coding, from what I've noticed it seems to go like this:

Before doing one mission:
me>janky rear end server>host

After doing one mission:
me>host

So like after I've done one mission with the host it's stable.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Mar 3, 2015

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Solumin posted:

Whenever stalker shows up, he appears behind you in a kneeling position and slowly stands up.

So if your screen starts flickering/he starts taunting you, get somewhere safe with decent lighting, then keep turning around waiting for him to spawn. When you see him, unload. Last time he showed up I was solo but I had a Kohm so he basically instantly died.

Static_Fiend
Jun 4, 2003

Who amongst us will have reached the end?

Fayk posted:

Whenever stalker shows up, he appears behind you in a kneeling position and slowly stands up.

So if your screen starts flickering/he starts taunting you, get somewhere safe with decent lighting, then keep turning around waiting for him to spawn. When you see him, unload. Last time he showed up I was solo but I had a Kohm so he basically instantly died.

Also it should be noted some stuff like Molecular Prime (I think) and Snow Globe do work on Stalker to slow him down if you should need it, also G3 is very susceptible to CC as well.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Catalyst Blueprint on Saturn for the next 70 minutes

...I say while phone posting at work :(

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

DoombatINC posted:

Catalyst Blueprint on Saturn for the next 70 minutes

...I say while phone posting at work :(

Sometimes I really hate the alert crap. Will I ever get a Vauban? No, unless they start putting chasis and helmet alerts between 6pm and 10pm EST.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

Lord Wexia posted:

Sometimes I really hate the alert crap. Will I ever get a Vauban? No, unless they start putting chasis and helmet alerts between 6pm and 10pm EST.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the helmet only goes on alerts between 2 and 5am EST...

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Static_Fiend posted:

Also it should be noted some stuff like Molecular Prime (I think) and Snow Globe do work on Stalker to slow him down if you should need it, also G3 is very susceptible to CC as well.

I used MPrime on him yesterday quite by accident (was running a defense mission at the time, he spawned and was vulnerable in time for the wave to hit him) and he just taunted me about how he was immune to my abilities. No dice.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Nullset posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the helmet only goes on alerts between 2 and 5am EST...

Last time it wasn't was Dec12 - 3:45PM EST.

So yeah it's pretty pesky: https://twitter.com/search?q=%40WFAlertsMods%20Vauban%20Helmet%20-Esprit%20-Gambit&src=typd

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Fayk posted:

Last time it wasn't was Dec12 - 3:45PM EST.

So yeah it's pretty pesky: https://twitter.com/search?q=%40WFAlertsMods%20Vauban%20Helmet%20-Esprit%20-Gambit&src=typd
That's for the Gambit sub-type helmet, for the component helmet blueprint itself the last was:

Amalthea (Jupiter): Enemy Task Force Located - 119m - 5900cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint) 9:52 PM - 24 Feb 2015

Which is downright almost reasonable!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

That's for the Gambit sub-type helmet, for the component helmet blueprint itself the last was:

Amalthea (Jupiter): Enemy Task Force Located - 119m - 5900cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint) 9:52 PM - 24 Feb 2015

gently caress I didn't even see that. Where was I then? Who knows. Alright I take back my alert poo poo-talk.

Lord Wexia fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 3, 2015

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lord Wexia posted:

gently caress I didn't even see that. Where was I then? Who knows. Alright I take back my comments.
It's still a huge pain in the rear end, because they just did all the pieces in the last week, so it'll probably be awhile before any of them go up again.

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
So apperantly Pilfering Storm is pretty good for farming some of the bosses making them drop 3x the normal loot also some guy farmed 47 neural sensors in one survial running 3 Hydroids and 1 Nekros.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2xr1b2/psa_hydroids_new_augment_pilfering_storm_works_on/

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Scorpion 3-2 posted:

So apperantly Pilfering Storm is pretty good for farming some of the bosses making them drop 3x the normal loot also some guy farmed 47 neural sensors in one survial running 3 Hydroids and 1 Nekros.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2xr1b2/psa_hydroids_new_augment_pilfering_storm_works_on/

Well now.

I might have to potato my hydroid after all :unsmigghh:

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
Just did a dark sector excavation pub run on earth and got 8 neurodes also had 1 Nekros on the team but he didn't Desecrate much so yes Pilfering Storm is pretty great.

Scorpion 3-2 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 3, 2015

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

No it wasn't. Putting a minus in front of the search term means to omit results (such as gambit) in the search results. The reason I went further back was because of the complaints about what times it appearred.

I still need to farm that hyrdroid s'more. The other day we had an Alad run that I got 5 sensors from, no idea how. Doesn't he normally only drop 1-2, or is there a chance for him to drop more? (I know random mobs can also drop them of course)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Fayk posted:

No it wasn't. Putting a minus in front of the search term means to omit results (such as gambit) in the search results. The reason I went further back was because of the complaints about what times it appearred.

I still need to farm that hyrdroid s'more. The other day we had an Alad run that I got 5 sensors from, no idea how. Doesn't he normally only drop 1-2, or is there a chance for him to drop more? (I know random mobs can also drop them of course)

I think Zanuka has a better chance than any random mob to drop 1-2 as well.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

So, my glaive P oneshots vay hek's final form, and gets his earlier forms in like 2 hits, I like this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What're the numbers on your Glaive P?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Poor pub I was about to sell a Rakta to for 20p, because I was tired and wanted to go to bed. Was just heading to the dojo to invite him when my internet suddenly died.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

What're the numbers on your Glaive P?

Getting regular 120k crits on t4 stuff, think it did around 20-25kx2 a pop on the final form of vay hek.

true steel, organ shatter, spoiled strike, quick return, fever strike, power throw, shocking touch, pressure point.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 4, 2015

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Are those charged shots? I got pretty good damage with Glaive Prime before but don't remember a 6-figure number. Same sorts of mods as well except I used Whirlwind instead of Quick Return I believe for better effective DPS than with Quick Return.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Quick return makes the glaive explode as soon as it can't penetrate any more targets, and also makes it explode on contact with any surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Did I just get a notice for a Vauban Chasis while the game is down? My alert-hate returns.