Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Nebelwerfer posted:

please no hate on them burgers

all burgers need to be loved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

is that turkey

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Nucken Futz posted:

- over a fire - a real wood fire -

Yup, gas fires totally fail in the definition of being fires

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Burging hard, gonna fry some sharp cheddar cheese burgs today with my :getin: :burger: SKILLET :burger: :getin:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Nebelwerfer posted:

is that turkey

No it's beef.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
there is no burg

(I ate it)

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

LeoMarr posted:

No it's beef.

drat

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

LeoMarr posted:

No it's beef.

is it, is it veal?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Sizone posted:

is it, is it veal?

LeoMarr posted:

No it's beef.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

altons meatloaf recipe is pretty good I'd recommend it

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

sardine thread crossover

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Nucken Futz posted:

Oh for the love of Budda, where in the gently caress did your society fail y'all?
You cook a fuckin' burger on a grill - over a fire - a real wood fire - with a beer in your hand - not a loving light beer either. You boys are dropping the ball on the whole primal meat eating experience.

I'm kinda sad about this cuz it's clear you haven't begun to live yet.

And IMHO, regarding bun talk, one must decide early on in his journey de la burg if the bun is an integral part of the burger, or just a part of the meat delivery system. I think it all pivots around that.
How do you feel about a skillet burg cooked over a campfire.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

we are all incredulous that such a pale meat could be beef. what tragedy befell it?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Sizone posted:

we are all incredulous that such a pale meat could be beef. what tragedy befell it?
There is a small cult of brokebrains who insist on steaming burgs into a uniform patty of tragedy.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
I had a Jack in the Box Ultimate Bacon Cheese Burg on Sourdough for breakfast:

It was alright I guess.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
If nobody said Johnnie's and Nic's in Oklahoma City then those

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

zedprime posted:

There is a small cult of brokebrains who insist on steaming burgs into a uniform patty of tragedy.

"and you call them steamed hams, despite the fact that are obviously grilled"

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I pan fried burgs last night. They came out great. Thanks burgcrew.

I have extra ground beef..any breakfast ideas besides burgs?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
only thing you should do with ground beef is make burgs (or metal loaf).

ground beef "tacos" are an abomination.

since you got da teflon, I guess fry up a burg then fry an egg and make a breakfast egg topped burg

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

I pan fried burgs last night. They came out great. Thanks burgcrew.

I have extra ground beef..any breakfast ideas besides burgs?

make some north african style meat balls

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sizone posted:

only thing you should do with ground beef is make burgs (or metal loaf).

ground beef "tacos" are an abomination.

since you got da teflon, I guess fry up a burg then fry an egg and make a breakfast egg topped burg

lol yeah, thats the only idea i came up with too. Im thinking fried egg/burg/fried egg with some butter fried buns

Also dyna, whats a north African meat ball?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dyna Soar posted:

make some north african style meat balls

merguez, for the last goddamn time, merguez and you make that with ground lamb. and lots of cumins.

come to think of it, cumin is the miracle seasoning, guessing that if you put enough cumin into base ingredient, it won't really matter what the base ingredient is.

edit: potatoes o'brien with ground beef. mix the beef with a little liquid smoke first so it's bacony.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 4, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

merguez, for the last goddamn time, merguez and you make that with ground lamb. and lots of cumins.

that's a sausage an they sometimes use ground beef too you know

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 4, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Cumin is my favorite seasoning

Not much use for it ITT

Gonna look up potatoes obrien tho

E: turns out its p basic and not much to look up. used all my peppers last night in a salad for my burg tho :(

gently caress it maybe ill skip breakfast and make burgs for lunch

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 4, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
what about boulettes? meatballs w/ bread crumbs, hot sauce and a clove of garlic in the middle

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Sizone posted:

edit: potatoes o'brien with ground beef. mix the beef with a little liquid smoke first so it's bacony.
That's basically ground beef hash which would have been my vote.

Or burgs for breakfast. Nothing wrong with that.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dyna Soar posted:

that's a sausage and they sometimes use ground beef too you know

no they loving don't.

ground lamb, cumin, minced garlic, salt, heat from some form of capsicum, maybe a little olive oil. Form into a (small) patty and fry. that is loving merguez. it's a sausage in the sense that breakfast sausage patties are a sausage (seasoned ground fatty meat), not in the way that hot dogs are a sausage (tube meat).

quit being willfully ignorant.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 4, 2015

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Fetus Tree posted:

Cumin is my favorite seasoning

Not much use for it ITT

Gonna look up potatoes obrien tho

E: turns out its p basic and not much to look up. used all my peppers last night in a salad for my burg tho :(

gently caress it maybe ill skip breakfast and make burgs for lunch

it's also super onion intensive. thinking you and i may have taste buds which are broken in the same way

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

no they loving don't.

ground lamb, cumin, minced garlic, salt, heat from some form of capsicum. Form into a (small) patty and fry. that is loving merguez. it's a sausage in the sense that breakfast sausage patties are a sausage (seasoned ground fatty meat), not in the way that hot dogs are a sausage (tube meat).

quit being willfully ignorant.

yeah it's a north-african sausage made form either lamb, goat or beef or a mixture of them depending on what's available. it's ground meat stuffed into intestine, which is pretty much the definition of sausage. i have no idea where you're getting the idea it has to be lamb or that it's not a sausage.

honestly google merguez and all you get is a huge amount of pictures of sausages and also every page basically says it's a sausage lol

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Put a fried egg on it, then it's a breakfast burg

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah it's a north-african sausage made form either lamb, goat or beef or a mixture of them depending on what's available. it's ground meat stuffed into intestine, which is pretty much the definition of sausage. i have no idea where you're getting the idea it has to be lamb or that it's not a sausage.

never once had or seen merguez stuffed into an intestine, but I know where you're getting the misconception of it: wikipedia. Seriously, even the fat loving greek serves them as patties and made from ground lamb.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

never once had or seen merguez stuffed into an intestine, but I know where you're getting the misconception of it: wikipedia. Seriously, even the fat loving greek serves them as patties and made from ground lamb.

yeah not wikipedia, i love north african cuisine and in many north african countries, where you know, it's actually from they stuff ground meat into intestine and call it merguez (they actually don't prob. call it merguez but something similar in their own language)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah not wikipedia, i love north african cuisine and in many north african countries, where you know, it's actually from they stuff ground meat into intestine and call it merguez (they actually don't prob. call it merguez but something similar in their own language)

dad's from algeria. merguez is ground lamb with cumin and and garlic and peppers. quit being a dipshit. we are burg bros, we don't need your wrongness to come between us.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hey

Hey guys

Shut the gently caress up no one cares.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

dad's from algeria. merguez is ground lamb with cumin and and garlic and peppers. quit being a dipshit. we are burg bros, we don't need your wrongness to come between us.

i don't know what to say. every source i can dig up online say it's a sausage, there's merguez sausages for sale in almost every supermarket here, i've had merguez sausage in north african restaurants and never once have i seen or heard that it's not a sausage but actually a ground lamb patty.

but it's cool, i'm not bothered i'm sure that stuff your dad makes is delicious and it's maybe a regional variant or maybe merguez can be a bunch of things but for some reason it's considered to be a sausage? idk.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sizone posted:

it's also super onion intensive. thinking you and i may have taste buds which are broken in the same way

Yeah its possible man. My favorite pizza is double onion and gently caress you if i can see the cheese through the onion.

I grabbed a couple of red onions last night for my burgs. Fried 2 thick slices in burg juice and then cut 2 thinner slices and went in raw :mrgw:

E: guys lets not fight. i get where youre coming from w the who cares BBC but i legit asked about a use for my ground beef so thats on me

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dyna Soar posted:

(they actually don't prob. call it merguez but something similar in their own language)

Dyna Soar posted:

i don't know what to say. every source i can dig up online say it's a sausage, there's merguez sausages for sale in almost every supermarket here, i've had merguez sausage in north african restaurants and never once have i seen or heard that it's not a sausage but actually a ground lamb patty.

but it's cool, i'm not bothered i'm sure that stuff your dad makes is delicious and it's maybe a regional variant or maybe merguez can be a bunch of things but for some reason it's considered to be a sausage? idk.

You're contradicting yourself like ayn rand. sausage has a -way- broader context than meat in a tube. dad is dead. but we're still cool.

no burg bro who realizes that cast iron pans are a flea market thing will ever be my adversary.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

You're contradicting yourself like ayn rand. sausage has a -way- broader context than meat in a tube. dad is dead. but we're still cool.

well w/e man, if you wanna disagree w/ every source available on the internet be my guest. not much use in discussing this further.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dyna Soar posted:

not much use in discussing this further.

agreed, for the good of us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

agreed, for the good of us all

come on, it was just like 5 messages off topic! :D

there's a burger joint called x-meals & steak house opening right across the street from my work. judging by the name it's gonna be poo poo

• Locked thread