Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ruddiger posted:

This movie was not as good as Olympus Has Fallen.

WRONG.

I just noticed the airplane logo is tied in a knot. I always thought it was just like spun around like a weird curved rubik's cube.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

rear end, The Future of

rear end-assin, The Rating I Got for This Level is Not Silent

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Forty Seveption.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

doesn't look like he's very good at stealthy kills

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Is that a sequel to the Timothy Ellyfhant movie or a new adaptation?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
It's Quinn from Homeland. I'm not sure if they're going for a PG-13 with it or not, though I'm assuming it'll be terrible either way.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It has Zachary Quinto in it so I'm definitely going to see it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It has Zachary Quinto in it so I'm definitely going to see it.

Yeah, they seem to be playing it like Hitman is the Terminator and Quinto is Kyle Reese.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That's not a bad take actually.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Attitude Indicator posted:

doesn't look like he's very good at stealthy kills

This is actually how I play the Hitman games so bring it on

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Lotish posted:

Yeah, they seem to be playing it like Hitman is the Terminator and Quinto is Kyle Reese.

drat that seems pretty cool

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I still expect the shoe to drop at some point and *GASP* 47 isn't really the bad guy.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The new Hitman looks awful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8fr9YD-OUg
Just the fact that they dead seriously paraphrase that Rorschach line but make it dumber alone makes this pretty much look like the dumbest thing ever.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

axleblaze posted:

Just the fact that they dead seriously paraphrase that Rorschach line but make it dumber alone makes this pretty much look like the dumbest thing ever.

I'm totally okay with this being a dumb schlock video game film, especially if they go full cheeseball with the dialogue, but man the guy they got for 47 just does not look the part. Feels like a weird criticism after the hilarious badness of that trailer, but :shrug:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Sorry man that movie looks like the best kind of garbage.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just looks like plain garbage to me :shrug:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

axleblaze posted:

Oh my god that looks terrible and I'm going to watch the poo poo out of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shoehead posted:

Oh my god that looks terrible and I'm going to watch the poo poo out of it.

:agreed: I like the dude playing 47 in Homeland so I'll give the movie a shot.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

axleblaze posted:

Just looks like plain garbage to me :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZ25ikUKVY

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Avengers 2 Cap poster.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Does Hawkeye use his bowstrings to thread all the hair on his arms off?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

AlternateAccount posted:

Does Hawkeye use his bowstrings to thread all the hair on his arms off?

That's a complimentary service offered to all Avengers. See: Thor. And Cap during the inevitable shirtlessness.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

TetsuoTW posted:

Sorry man that movie looks like the best kind of garbage.

Its the stunningly awful cover of voodoo child that elevates it from crap to breathtaking crap.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

The MSJ posted:

Avengers 2 Cap poster.

So was one of the side effects of his super drug treatment that his right leg is four inches taller than his left?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

axleblaze posted:

I love it when a sequel is so bad that they can't get the same lead actor back.

Also, a few pages ago someone implied that Don Jon was good and boy is that not the case.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well, the role actually went to Paul Walker first, and well...

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

Also, a few pages ago someone implied that Don Jon was good and boy is that not the case.

Sorry man, Don Jon rules:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

I love it when a sequel is so bad that they can't get the same lead actor back.

At least this time around the guy can kinda pull off the look without looking like a thumb with an angry face drawn on it. Movie's still going to be terrible, though.

Honestly, if they wanted to make a good Hitman move, all they need to do is remake John Wick with a bald guy in the lead.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Perestroika posted:

Honestly, if they wanted to make a good Hitman move, all they need to do is remake John Wick with a bald guy in the lead.

Coincidentally, "a bald guy" appears to be literally the only criterion the casting director used to select the lead actor for either of these movies.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

A Hitman movie will never work because the story in Hitman games is the weakest aspect and zero people play the games because of the story. Any Hitman movie will just be "suit-wearing bald guy kills people" with some bland b-movie plot spun around it.

If they made a Hitman movie that actually reflected the main point of the games, it would just be a guy sneaking around and garroting people while wearing a chicken mascot outfit.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

A Hitman movie will never work because the story in Hitman games is the weakest aspect and zero people play the games because of the story.

this is actually true for all game movies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

A Hitman movie will never work because the story in Hitman games is the weakest aspect and zero people play the games because of the story. Any Hitman movie will just be "suit-wearing bald guy kills people" with some bland b-movie plot spun around it.

If they made a Hitman movie that actually reflected the main point of the games, it would just be a guy sneaking around and garroting people while wearing a chicken mascot outfit.

I'd take this over generic b movie.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Sorry man, Don Jon rules:

Don Jon was actually great, sorry for anyone that doesn't feel that way

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

Kill a man with an exploding Bible.

Kill an entire hot tub by shooting the glass bottom. Because underneath the tub is a cliff.

Tranquilize an entire suburb with an air rifle. After knocking out FBI agents with drugged donuts. While wearing a clown costume.

These are the things I want to see in a Hitman movie.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Stare-Out posted:

If they had a writer/director who could write an imaginative schlock story (like, say, Adam Wingard) and then brought in somebody who can be both menacing and bald (like Tom Hardy), they could very easily make a good movie based on the Hitman franchise. The only thing holding them back is that neither Square-Enix nor any major film studio give enough of a gently caress to collaborate on making something of quality.

You can make a good movie out of anything, the source material doen't matter. Video game movies are poo poo because they bring in a perfect shitstorm of bad writers, bad directors, an incompetent crew and flavor-of-the-moment actors who will appear in anything for a paycheck.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Stare-Out posted:

This is exactly what a Hitman movie should be: Ridiculous disguises, brutal cartoonish violence and ragdoll physics.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just buy the rights to The Transporter and call it HItman

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
90% of making a passable Hitman movie is the casting. Get someone who looks good as a bald guy in a suit killing people, and you've got a movie. Not a great one, but still something. But somehow they keep failing at that one basic thing.

Never mind that, though. Watch this helicopter explode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A good Hitman movie would be a reverse John Wick where you don't show the John Wick parts. It's a mob family or crime group desperately trying to figure out who's killing them one by one. Cast someone recognizable as 47 and have him in the background of every other scene disguised.

Movie ends with 47 revealing himself to the boss a la Vince McMahon. Then you have your big action explosion fest.