Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

kensei posted:

Apparently giving away his credit cards.

Yeah I didn't catch the part he handed them his credit cards. I thought it was just more cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Aww Raylan and his daughter :3:

Raylan is totally going to die :(

Or Winona will and he will go on a rampage.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus are the Boyd scenes in this episode tense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good God is Natalie Zea still loving beautiful.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

Good God is Natalie Zea still loving beautiful.

She;s got a bangin body

For me, Molly Parker and Natalie Zae are the hotest milfs on TV today

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 4, 2015

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You know what I want from an episode of the gritty crime drama Justified?

20 minutes of screaming baby.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

She;s got a bangin body

For me, Molly Parker and Natalie Zae are the hotest milfs on TV today

They both have something in common...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3v98CPXNiSk

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
Walton Goggins expression on his face when he found out that Ava was an informant - the man can act. And then afterwards he changes the clip on his gun.

Also, this line:

Oh my god what a relief she doesn't look like you

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I love Winona and Raylan scenes, they have some great chemistry and she is fantastically written. Then we get the Boyd scene, tense as hell, and him being more concerned if Ava is sleeping with Raylan than informing on him.

One of the best exchanges of the episode:

quote:

Rachel: I don't want this guy going all Eric Grein on us, hole up some derelict airport for weeks while we're out here chasing our own dicks.
Tim: Sounds really strange when you say that.
Rachel: I'm running poo poo. I get to use the expression.
Tim: Roger that.

Pikehead posted:

Also, this line:

Oh my god what a relief she doesn't look like you

And a little drop-in ball busting from Art, a drat fine episode all around.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Jesus christ the baby crying made me so anxious. It went on forever.

My son has had a rough week, sleep-wise. Didn't realize I was so hypersensitive. :ssh:

Is it just me, or is shooting Pappy Van Winkle almost as bad as mixing it up with Coke?

mdh1975
Sep 4, 2011
The Boyd and Ava scenes felt awkward. I would have expected him to handle things differently mainly through words and definitely not by laying a hand on her. Up on the mountain also didn't feel like Boyd. The only part of the exchange that felt like him was testing her with the empty clip. All this time I've felt like his sole purpose was money and not love which seems to be the new focus.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I wonder how they shoot the crying baby scenes. Do they just sit around until the baby feels like screaming its head off for a while, or do they torture it somehow to make it start?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

withak posted:

I wonder how they shoot the crying baby scenes. Do they just sit around until the baby feels like screaming its head off for a while, or do they torture it somehow to make it start?

This made me laugh way harder than it should have. But I've often wondered it myself. Babies pretty much have two modes: quiet exploration OH LOOK SHINY mode and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH mode. At any given moment you have 50 / 50 shot at either one.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Yeah, but what if everybody just wanted to get it done and the baby just wanted to chill? Did they pinch that baby?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Probably just take its toy away that it was playing with.

I am surprised there hasnt been some sort of new age emo group that says they were psychologically harming that baby by letting it continue to cry.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Raylan is totally going to die :(

Or Winona will and he will go on a rampage.

My theory is that out of revenge for turning Eva against him (and probably "making" him kill her, since I still expect that's where it's heading), Boyd is going to kidnap Raylan's daughter and then they'll meet in a warehouse somewhere and shoot each other up. Harder to pull that off with them both mother and daughter out in Florida though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Look Sir Droids posted:

Is it just me, or is shooting Pappy Van Winkle almost as bad as mixing it up with Coke?

I'd say it's worse. Mixing it would probably be done by someone that didn't know better. That shot was done by learned bourbon drinkers from Kentucky. Made me sick.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd say it's worse. Mixing it would probably be done by someone that didn't know better. That shot was done by learned bourbon drinkers from Kentucky. Made me sick.

I honestly yelled at the TV "YOU DON'T SHOOT PAPPY VAN WINKLE!!!!". The wife just looked at me like I had a tourettes or something.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013
They actually bought 4 bottles of Pappy for the show. Interesting fact: there was a robbery at the distillery in 2013. 195 bottles of the 20 year and 18 bottles of the 13 year where stollen.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just finished my last glass of 23 a few weeks ago when I made limited partner with my firm. I still smell the cork sometimes.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just finished my last glass of 23 a few weeks ago when I made limited partner with my firm. I still smell the cork sometimes.

I've been nursing a bottle of 12 yr for over 2 years. I never win the PVW lottery.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I got mine as a gift from a bar owner when their bar was closing. Did manage to score a 15 year a few years ago. My local store gets it every year. All things considered though, I'd rather have a bottle of EH Taylor Small Batch and an extra $200 in my pocket. Or 10 bottles of Weller.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 4, 2015

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

How much do stores charge for it retail? I've never seen it on the shelf, just after market.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I have been sorely tempted to buy some of the 10 year old PVW and store it. Then 10, 20, 30 years from now, put it out to auction. Probably a bad idea.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Tide posted:

I have been sorely tempted to buy some of the 10 year old PVW and store it. Then 10, 20, 30 years from now, put it out to auction. Probably a bad idea.

Whiskey doesn't age in glass bottles, so all you'll end up with is 30 year old, ten year old bourbon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The 15 was $150 in Chicago about 3 years ago. Haven't gotten lucky enough to find any since.

Edit:
Forgot I bought something else that day. Still expensive.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 4, 2015

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Oh god, Raylan making "gimme gimme" hands towards his daughter was adorable! :3

Also, I'd totally sleep with Boyd for that bottle of bourbon.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Color me a light shade of optimistic, but I can totally see a season finale where Boyd and Raylan are both in various states of living and breathing when the credits roll.

At the very least, I don't see Raylan dead.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I think they'll both live. They'll be back at Ava's kitchen table and this time they both have more to lose.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

NowonSA posted:

My theory is that out of revenge for turning Eva against him (and probably "making" him kill her, since I still expect that's where it's heading), Boyd is going to kidnap Raylan's daughter and then they'll meet in a warehouse somewhere and shoot each other up. Harder to pull that off with them both mother and daughter out in Florida though.

I really don't see Boyd kidnapping an infant.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

richardfun posted:

I really don't see Boyd kidnapping an infant.

Raylan bringing the baby to the office let Avery Markham know about his family. I think Boyd, Raylan, and Markham will all converge on each other at the same time.
Hopefully the final scene is similar to 'The Good the Bad and the Ugly'.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Raylan bringing the baby to the office let Avery Markham know about his family.

This is what I thought when that scene was going down. Markham now knows Raylan has a family.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

empty baggie posted:

This is what I thought when that scene was going down. Markham now knows Raylan has a family.

Pretty sure you're all wrong. Natalie Zea signed her own death warrant last night when she said she'd take Raylan with the good *and* the bad. She's going to die and he's going to be saddled with being a desk-bound single daddy, maybe with a few field-career-ending wounds to go with it. And we all know that's *worse* than death for Raylan, since he'd likely just kill himself otherwise if he knew he couldn't 'hunt' anymore.

He'll never leave Harlan alive because no other Marshal's office will have him or have *use* for him. He'll just be an office flunky watching everyone else be relevant until he retires.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 5, 2015

Electromax
May 6, 2007

withak posted:

There was a Yahoo interview about this episode - they had 6 different babies on set.

I was also saying that Raylan should not have shown his baby to Markham. That final scene in the woods was incredibly written and acted.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
So they torture six babies and hope that they get a good long scream out of at least one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

At least the kid is on tv! TV!!!!!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pretty sure you're all wrong. Natalie Zea signed her own death warrant last night when she said she'd take Raylan with the good *and* the bad. She's going to die and he's going to be saddled with being a desk-bound single daddy, maybe with a few field-career-ending wounds to go with it. And we all know that's *worse* than death for Raylan, since he'd likely just kill himself otherwise if he knew he couldn't 'hunt' anymore.

He'll never leave Harlan alive because no other Marshal's office will have him or have *use* for him. He'll just be an office flunky watching everyone else be relevant until he retires.

Christ, that's far to grim for what I want from Justified. Might as well have Goggins arrange a family meeting as well.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
I wouldn't be surprised if Chechkov's Lo-rett-a is dragged back in for the final episode. Markham takes her hostage to draw Raylan out, Boyd helps, gunfight.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The baby's heart murmur isn't half as concerning as Winona being orange, imo. Girl needs to lay off the carrots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It was refreshing to see someone be exposed as a rat and not be killed, even though it was obviously a different situation than most shows. I was also confused by the bulletproof vest thing, I thought perhaps the tracker device was in the vest, and not in the car. The red-haired merc from Band of Brothers loudly saying over the phone that the device was in the car also made me think that it was for the benefit of the cops listening or something.

• Locked thread