Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Also PMed you, Captain Invictus. PMed you so hard.

Captain Invictus posted:

Alright, so here's what I'm thinking. How does 20% off everything listed in this google document sound for now:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15cWkcTjSYuZNWngjdNUFhm7INcw8zKmUOk-rdN350VU/edit#gid=0

Out of curiosity, where are these prices coming from? The one thing I'm looking at in particular is the purple tentacle set, $6 for two little tentacles doesn't quite jive with what I expect bones to cost. I mean, the barrow wardens, fairly large and intricate figures, are only 2 and change, for instance. A giant or a troll are 4 and change, so that's like 3/4 of a tentacle per troll. I'd expect it to be priced closer to, say, the zombies, which are 6.50 for a pack of five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jackmann posted it, I had thought it was the official pricing guide for retail. Can you confirm it's from an official source, Jackmann?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Captain Invictus posted:

Jackmann posted it, I had thought it was the official pricing guide for retail. Can you confirm it's from an official source, Jackmann?

Yeah, sorry, I meant to quote him, not you, but wasn't paying attention. :cheers:

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Some of the prices look suspect, such as mounted units cheaper than town guards.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
It was based on the prices they had up in the Preview Gallery. Prices got eradicated at some point when Reaper moved them to the store in preparation to make them official products. They may still be subject to change.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Paolomania posted:

Some of the prices look suspect, such as mounted units cheaper than town guards.

Keep in mind the town guards are sold in three-packs.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I think Narthrax is my favourite bones 2 Dragon

Gonna email about my Silver dragon wing today, it was the only error in my whole shipment

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I got my bones and actually got some paint on them. Trying not to let the fact my unpainted miniature pile just increased 1000% get me down.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Just remembered that my Goroloth came with a peg hole but no peg or stand, is that normal?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Well, the tracker say I had a shipping label printed on the 25th and that's all. Should I be worried?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Just remembered that my Goroloth came with a peg hole but no peg or stand, is that normal?

The bones version comes with no stand or base. The metal version does include them and they can be ordered as extra parts for about 7 bucks. I assume this is because no bones come with bases by default save oddly the cloaker.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

PresidentBeard posted:

The bones version comes with no stand or base. The metal version does include them and they can be ordered as extra parts for about 7 bucks. I assume this is because no bones come with bases by default save oddly the cloaker.

That one angel thingie did. It wasn't pictured, but it was in the bag: it's a big lump of rock or something, and there's a spot on the back inside surface of her skirts that it fits nicely into.

e: this one:

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 3, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kraken came with a base too, the big bit of ship, which is why I asked about the similarly aquatic Goroloth.

Also off hand all the demon lords and greater demons came with bases, as did the frog demon, minotaur, giant scorpion, plus all the dragon scenic bases.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 3, 2015

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Huh then I have no clue why the not-aboleth was baseless. The metal version absolutely comes with one.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

I'm not sure I get how this is supposed to work. For instance, my Demon Lords pack, figure 92776, has two left horns. Their message there implies I'm supposed to be able to find a part number for the horn, but I guess I'm just overthinking it and they want precisely that information I said there and that'll do.

The part number is the figure. They do not expect you to give any details for sub parts.
You tell them the number and what is wrong, they send you the corrected stuff, more than likely just a whole model.

Anyone in the UK got theirs yet? My tracking number shows it arriving at the depot in the UK on the 26th but it has not moved since.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Speaking of the squid, is there any guide fir the oroper placement of the tentacles?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Speaking of the squid, is there any guide fir the oroper placement of the tentacles?

You mean the kraken? They're all pretty interchangeable, I'd say just do whatever looks nice to you. Only recommendation I have is to pick which goes where while it's on the base so you know they won't be trying to go through the table. Otherwise, builder's choice.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So I'm actually getting a rather disturbing number of bones painted. Not sure how to put a stop to that, but I'm up to a whopping dozen out of however many thousand I have.

Those aren't all done, I need to finish up some bases and the face on the valkyrie hasn't even been touched and her hair is getting completely redone, but it's progress. Apologies for lovely washed-out cell phone pic. It is nice to see a few spots of color on the Shelf of Shame, though. And while these are all pretty rough, I'm fine with that, since my goal is just to be painting at all. Turns out telecom training sessions for work are a GREAT time to paint.

Anyone have a preferred process for bulk painting skeleton bones? I mean bones minis that are skeletons. That's confusing.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 3, 2015

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Yeah, base coat brown, dry brush a lighter shade. Done.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Cool. I'll have to get all my skeletons in a pile and see what I can do Thursday during training.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
For quick and dirty on the bones skellingtons, I similarly thought army painter's bone white (it's a good off-white / slightly browned look) + a soft tone wash achieved a good 'cruddy old skeletal jerk' look really quick. Bit of highlighting and touching up for their gear and they totally looked table ready.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Which is really all I'm going for: table ready.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like the idea that not all skeletons have had their bones bleached to the same degree, so I've been thinking of trying to vary tones a bit from one skelly to the next. To that end: bleached bone or equivalent as base coat, and then different colors of sepia, brown, and black washes from one skelly to the next, followed by highlights with the same bleached bone.

If you prefer a uniform look, a sepia wash is fantastic. Chestnut Ink, or Gryphonne Sepia, or Seraphim Sepia are the Citadel versions.

One more thing: even though you always want to paint a lot of skeletons quickly, take the time to clean the mold lines, because boy howdy do they stand out when you do a base/wash/drybrush approach like this, and it looks terrible.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Throw some mossy green junk here and there on a couple. Maybe some typhus corrosion painted green would look good for that.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mr Beens posted:

The part number is the figure. They do not expect you to give any details for sub parts.
You tell them the number and what is wrong, they send you the corrected stuff, more than likely just a whole model.

Anyone in the UK got theirs yet? My tracking number shows it arriving at the depot in the UK on the 26th but it has not moved since.

My tracking number tells me that they tried to deliver mine today while I was at work.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

neonchameleon posted:

My tracking number tells me that they tried to deliver mine today while I was at work.

Yeah, I received it, thanks for the donation. :haw:

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

How is everybody storing and organizing their minis to be ready for tabletop use?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mr Beens posted:

Maybe the whole model, maybe not. I just got specific parts when I asked for replacements during Bones I.

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

Bad Munki posted:

So I'm actually getting a rather disturbing number of bones painted. Not sure how to put a stop to that, but I'm up to a whopping dozen out of however many thousand I have.

Those aren't all done, I need to finish up some bases and the face on the valkyrie hasn't even been touched and her hair is getting completely redone, but it's progress. Apologies for lovely washed-out cell phone pic. It is nice to see a few spots of color on the Shelf of Shame, though. And while these are all pretty rough, I'm fine with that, since my goal is just to be painting at all. Turns out telecom training sessions for work are a GREAT time to paint.

Anyone have a preferred process for bulk painting skeleton bones? I mean bones minis that are skeletons. That's confusing.

Yo could I get a close up of that green spidery thing? Really digging the colours on that.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Varnished and read for the table!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

plester1 posted:

How is everybody storing and organizing their minis to be ready for tabletop use?

Hahahahaha!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Heads-up, Invictus. Khanjira and DDS 2 are going on sale on the 16th of this month, each about ten bucks cheaper than expected.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JackMann posted:

Heads-up, Invictus. Khanjira and DDS 2 are going on sale on the 16th of this month, each about ten bucks cheaper than expected.

Wow, genuinely surprising they are that cheap!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

plester1 posted:

I ordered this gem storage set up and will be setting it up as soon as it arrives. I've been using snapware for years with custom made foam sections from furniture foam. The snapware works well in theory but the lids don't always stay on so you need to be careful or strap the boxes together to be safe.

http://belchedfromthedepths.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-quest-for-perfect-miniatures.html

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I have a shelf I put them on. I keep them covered in a protective layer of dust.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Ziploc bag, hidden at the bottom of my closet

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

nesbit37 posted:

I ordered this gem storage set up and will be setting it up as soon as it arrives. I've been using snapware for years with custom made foam sections from furniture foam. The snapware works well in theory but the lids don't always stay on so you need to be careful or strap the boxes together to be safe.

http://belchedfromthedepths.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-quest-for-perfect-miniatures.html

Holy poo poo that's brilliant.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Totally going to use those. That is awesome.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dr. Phildo posted:

Yo could I get a close up of that green spidery thing? Really digging the colours on that.

Sure thing. It's really not a very good job, though: it's super rough and chunky, I painted it like three times before I found a method I liked, and didn't care to clean it off between because gently caress it, it's like 30 cents worth of plastic and isn't anything special. Also, it's not done: the body still needs a boatload of work and the legs and face and base haven't been attended to yet. But I do more or less like the carapace. I think this one is "Prairie Tick Queen" from the Savage Worlds portion of Bones II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.

JackMann posted:

Khanjira is my favorite model by far. I thought Kaladrax was super hard to paint but I don't even know where to begin with this guy.

• Locked thread