Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Deadpool posted:

I mean he could still be Reader with a completely different powerset and different origin, but that begs the question of why would they tell him to include the character and then make him completely different except for the blind thing?

His role seems to be the same; To search for and guide newly-transformed Inhumans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Soule might just have been told "eyeless dude guides noobs, work it in", and he came up with a much cooler, and impractical for TV concept.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Isn't the reader the kid who created the Ms Marvel Pirate universe in her 2000s series?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
So if this Reader guy reads the Bible does the world flood? Does it revert back to pre-creation? Does he create God if God didn't exist already?

I wanna know more about that, sounds like an interesting power that has to be artificially bound somehow...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Electromax posted:

So if this Reader guy reads the Bible does the world flood? Does it revert back to pre-creation? Does he create God if God didn't exist already?

I wanna know more about that, sounds like an interesting power that has to be artificially bound somehow...

Yes, it's not limitless. He carries braille plates around on his belt with certain words or power concepts on them to use in any given situation. He can only do three different things before his power is gone. And each of the three times he can do it he gets progressively weaker. He recharges by sleeping. He's one of several new characters that are really interesting like Iso and Frank McGee (he's the best) that Soule has created in Inhuman.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Deadpool posted:

Frank McGee (he's the best).

He is, and the would really fit great into AoS.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
It's still so weird to me that they're doing a big Inhumans arc. Not just because the film is still years away, because the pertinent source material is no more than a year and a half old. But I do hope it works.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

It's still so weird to me that they're doing a big Inhumans arc. Not just because the film is still years away, because the pertinent source material is no more than a year and a half old. But I do hope it works.

I doubt the Inhumans will sit idle. They could be a part of Guardians or Capt Marvel.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Barry Convex posted:

Inhumans were introduced in the 60s.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

bobkatt013 posted:

Inhumans were introduced in the 60s.

Pertinent.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
At least 99% of all Inhumans stories prior to fall 2013 are about Attilan and/or the Royal Family characters, so unless you're expecting to see those on SHIELD before the 2019 film, they're not particularly pertinent.

It's really only with Inhumanity that they've even attempted to develop any sort of Inhumans mythos that isn't entirely centered around those two things.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Deadpool posted:

Tom Ellis has been cast as Lucifer on the new Fox show. He's got a long list of TV credits on IMDB but I've never seen a single thing on it.
I am severely disappointed that they did not cast Idris Elba

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
First look at Supergirl:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Nice cosplay

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I like it, looks as if it could easily fit in with either Man of Steel or Flash/Arrow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, it's already better than Smallville. Not like that's hard to accomplish though.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think it looks great? I mean, thank god it's not the current crotch emblem version of her costume and maybe it'll sway the comics away from it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BrianWilly posted:

I think it looks great? I mean, thank god it's not the current crotch emblem version of her costume and maybe it'll sway the comics away from it.

wait what?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well c'mon I don't think "crotch emblem" can possibly be any clearer.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Welp, now I can't unsee it. A framed S for "super" and framed lady parts for "girl"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh wow they're actually drawn as flesh colored tights in that one.

I guess that's early? They don't bother anymore.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

BrianWilly posted:

Well c'mon I don't think "crotch emblem" can possibly be any clearer.

I'm more upset about the exposed knees, why don't her boots cover her knees?!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And the boots that may have been intended by the designer (Lee?) to have knee-pad-y parts, but literally everyone else has seen, drawn and coloured as having absurd gaps.

The TV outfit is pretty good. I'd say it's a bit dark, but all the DC live-action outfits are dark, so it's not exactly the Supergirl designer's fault.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

And the boots that may have been intended by the designer (Lee?) to have knee-pad-y parts, but literally everyone else has seen, drawn and coloured as having absurd gaps.

The TV outfit is pretty good. I'd say it's a bit dark, but all the DC live-action outfits are dark, so it's not exactly the Supergirl designer's fault.

I think it might actually be that the upwards pointing parts are part of the pants design, and just the rest of the red is boots.

TV: It's also a darkened photo so it's hard to say how it will look on TV.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Waterhaul posted:

I like it, looks as if it could easily fit in with either Man of Steel or Flash/Arrow.

Meh.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really like the leggings. More class than I expected.

Would have liked a high collar, though. That comic version a few posts ago is terrible, but I love my Superpeople high collared like that.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It just seems so plain overall, but I'll take that over how DC designs most of their heroines. That skirt feels really old fashioned though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think they're just tights/hose, not actual leggings. Unless she's a 14 year old girl from when I was in school, where skirts over leggings and jeans was the poo poo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hope the colors look a little brighter in daylight but looks good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

It just seems so plain overall, but I'll take that over how DC designs most of their heroines. That skirt feels really old fashioned though.

It's just the classic Supergirl costume with leggings. DC did design it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

It's just the classic Supergirl costume with leggings. DC did design it.

Yeah, they used the tried and true design for a reason. That reason is that it's a good design.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looks fine to me. Not sure about the lack of yellow in the emblem, but I guess that's just what I'm accustomed to. There's no harm in trying something different.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Seems to be a thing. Flash ditched the different coloured field on the emblem too.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
True enough. Though I think if you look closely at Wells's future newspaper in the pilot episode, he seems to be wearing the bright red costume with the white background on his chest insignia.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As far as I'm concerned as long as a costume isn't agressively bad it's fine. This is what we used to have to deal with

BE GRATEFUL.

Colors are darkened because irl people wearing tight bright colors look loving ridiculous.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Guy Gardner: "In raging day, in fearful night..."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Guy Gardner: "In raging day, in fearful night..."

Yeah I have no idea why Blue Lantern and Killer Frost and uh...Poison Ivy? were in the 1997 Justice League pilot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Actually, that's a pretty decent, if cheap, Ice costume.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I find crushed velvet works best for TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, they used the tried and true design for a reason. That reason is that it's a good design.

I don't remember the boots being so high. They kinda dominate the outfit.