Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Hiveminded posted:

what stage in the maturation cycle of her species is Trisssh? like how old is she, seriously? she's been written and drawn as an "adult", but seeing her next to the human adults really raises the question of whether she's short, her race is short, or she's also for some reason a middle-schooler equivalent.

The phrasing of this question is extremely :tvtropes:

The answer is "old enough to put eggs in your brain".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I got the feeling Trisssh's egg-laying talk is just equivalent to Ally's talk of boners and whatnot. Nothing more than snake-girl speak for "I got a huge crush on this dork".

The phrasing of the question could be better, but it is an interesting point. Just how old is Trisssh?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
In snake years, or human years? Because I'm pretty sure either way the answer is middle school.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I once asked that, but Gob stated he can't say for spoiler reasons.

I still think she's supposed to be a teenager like the rest. She's always acting tough, but she's pretty insecure underneath :3:

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 27, 2015

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

The phrasing of this question is extremely :tvtropes:

I was trying to be kind of tactful with it -- bluntly asking "is she a kid or an adult?" kind of highlights how hosed up the relationship she has with Anime Protagonist is

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

I've started making the extras for book 2 already. Mostly the character info page drawings. I'm sorta working on it here and there each week after I've finished my 3 comics and random Patreon stuff. It's coming along slowly, but we'll get there. Though I still think I wanna wait 'til 1 more arc is finished before getting serious about it. But I dunno, we'll see.

As for Trisssh's age, I'd say she's about the same age as Pasqualo and his buddies. A teenage snake bitch. I didn't give that away at first because I didn't want to explain "where she was" before the apocalypse.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Somebody finally partook of Peeplops's chicken :unsmith:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Light Gun Man posted:

lol tubsy owns, still

I was like "why doesn't Aurora just-" and then I remembered Tubsy's going to hell because he straight up murdered Mark. Whoops.

Nonetheless, this was a cool way to bring back Tubsy without cheapening his death. I mean, it's not like they'll be apart forever because all zombies go to hell. :smith:

Jen is tearing up, she's not entirely robot after all. :unsmith:

... Tubsy. :smith:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
gently caress mark tho

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Wouldn't it be funny if Mark went to heaven and had become some sort of angelic thing and he would basically offer Ally and friends a "get out of hell free" card for....services.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
mark was the worst

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Afraid of Audio posted:

gently caress mark tho

mr.capps posted:

mark was the worst

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
You guys aren't getting it. Tubsy went to hell, but it's not a punishment. Mark went to hell, and Tubsy is needed there as an employee to mess with Mark all day long. Looking like he's gonna punch and then stopping...but sometimes, sometimes he punches Mark's brain out through his skull. And he mixes it up so Mark never knows when it's going to happen. This is Tubsy's reward for defending a young lady's honour.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Laputanmachine posted:

Wouldn't it be funny if Mark went to heaven and had become some sort of angelic thing and he would basically offer Ally and friends a "get out of hell free" card for....services.

It would be funny, but I don't think the odds of getting into heaven are good for anyone who jacks it so hard he rips his dick off.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Mark was the school's "biggest Christian" in God Dammit (which is hilarious considering how raunchy he is in It Hurts!!), so there's entirely the possibility of him ending up having gone to Heaven simply as a callback of sorts.

To me, Mark definitely has Fragmaster's voice.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Leroy Dennui posted:

Mark was the school's "biggest Christian" in God Dammit (which is hilarious considering how raunchy he is in It Hurts!!), so there's entirely the possibility of him ending up having gone to Heaven simply as a callback of sorts.

To me, Mark definitely has Fragmaster's voice.

Pasqualo and Mark in Doom House

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
How far away is Hell, anyway? Can Ally just pop down the same way the hellbeast came up, have herself a little visit?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tendales posted:

How far away is Hell, anyway? Can Ally just pop down the same way the hellbeast came up, have herself a little visit?

Read this as "Can Ally just poop down..."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Isn't it canon that Mark went to hell? I remember there was, like a filler comic or something Gob did, which was Mark in hell, and ended with the reveal that Tubsy wasn't in hell, which set off a shitload of speculation in the thread as to where Tubsy was.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just wanna say that "See you in hell, babe" is a fuckin' great line. :allears:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Captain Bravo posted:

Isn't it canon that Mark went to hell? I remember there was, like a filler comic or something Gob did, which was Mark in hell, and ended with the reveal that Tubsy wasn't in hell, which set off a shitload of speculation in the thread as to where Tubsy was.

That was a fan comic by LuckPunch! You can see it here.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Ahh, and I just noticed in the second fan comic that he's got the picture of Mark in hell stamped with "NON-CANON", so I guess I was wrong!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Amines.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

He's not wrong.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

He looks so darling in that sensible shirt and tie, like he's ready for Sunday school.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Command Ant posted:

He looks so darling in that sensible shirt and tie, like he's ready for Sunday school.

I like his pants and belt. I've got a pair like that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It Hurts!!: As your adviser I HIGHLY suggest you murder your own mother

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
If you're not watching the new Jojo anime, you really should. It's already bleeding into It Hurts!! and it's wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiyDOoRt2wo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
My favourite part of the JoJo anime is the completely random english by voice actors that probably don't speak english.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxXvKnuZ7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9J5tYShNY8

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Final proof that sub is better than d-:commissar:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Improbable Lobster posted:

My favourite part of the JoJo anime is the completely random english by voice actors that probably don't speak english.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsxXvKnuZ7s

GOODBAH JOJO will always be my favorite example of this :allears:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
:getout:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hey, he's getting a little bit of colour back in his cold, dead, pasty robotic skin and hair.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Shadeoses posted:

Hey, he's getting a little bit of colour back in his cold, dead, pasty robotic skin and hair.

His eyes have been almost consistently blue for awhile, which is tied to him feeling happy or positive. Maybe that is affecting it?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
And he's got his heart so he's literally getting his humanity back.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

TwoPair posted:

And he's got his heart so he's literally getting his humanity back.

He's been a cyborg for a long time, though. I think it's just how a bruise fades back into normal colored skin.

His repair systems probably concentrate on rebuilding him as fast as it can, then worries about cosmetics later.

Remember he used to take a looooot a punishment, just being a normal wacky schoolkid! He also had beer bottles broken against his head. Contrast Mark, who ripped off his own dick from fappin' too hard:

Y'know, Greece never did get the chance to get it the gently caress together. Now they are all zombies, probably. :zpatriot:

Speaking of foreshadowing, let's go back and look at some moments when this loving comic was laughing at us behind our back. OH how it LAUGHED!! Also some older strips that are rife with the irony and whatnot.

This first one may be a stretch, but the title "It begins" and the first mention of the upcoming talent show. The talent show indeed began things.

A whole lot of things.

When Katie went missing, she said a lot of things, things that turned out to be absolutely true. Here's something she said that I overlooked before:

Bread crumbs? Red herrings? Don't be fooled by Goblatula's whole 'aw shucks' routine, he's probably been Katie the whole time.

I don't think Trisssh counts as a 'mutant', because she's hinted be from a mythical race that was just isolated from humanity until the "Auroracolypse" but until we meet more of her kind, who knows? Not I!

Speaking of Aurora, she got all emotional when Pasqualo thanked her for being there through thick and thin. Nothing weird about it at the time:

... but as a matter of fact, the talent show was exactly what she was there for.

Going back a bit, Allison saying something a few days before The Night to Remember:

Right before they made up and were friends again. :smith: And then they got Mark killed. But everyone was cool with it after!

... oh, right. Check out the background of panel two. Christie no! :gonk:

Honestly, I could repost the whole comic, because there's tons of things peppered in there that Gob built off of or just weaved into the story. But let's leave with the Best Character:

See you, space cowboy. :patriot:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I keep waiting for the next little hidden gem, quite shamelessly. I love rereading this drat thing, mostly because I usually spot something new each time.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Wait, I thought it was now possible that Aurora was not responsible for the apocalypse, like Heallbeast was the one who did it and he waited until Aurora was doing something so he could pin it on her?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Literally Kermit posted:

Y'know, Greece never did get the chance to get it the gently caress together. Now they are all zombies, probably. :zpatriot:

Yeah we'll see who's laughing in two years during the Space-Rhinos Fix Greece's Economy arc!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Hm, the Mutant Plague hasn't been a thing yet.

• Locked thread