Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Spectacle Rock posted:

So right now I'm sort of haphazardly wandering around the Termina Adventure mode map. I haven't collected any of the items that are unique to this map (such as the deku mask, goron mask, etc...)

What should I really try to do? Is it in my best interest to activate as many Owl Statues as possible? I don't see an obvious "go this way" path I should take.

I forget who it was but someone made a nice infographic of the path to essential items. The only Goron Mask you can get right away is in the top rightish of the map, and you can use that to get to the west toward the Zora Masks, which in turn leads to the Stick, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I forget who it was but someone made a nice infographic of the path to essential items. The only Goron Mask you can get right away is in the top rightish of the map, and you can use that to get to the west toward the Zora Masks, which in turn leads to the Stick, etc.

Thanks. I backtracked the thread until I found it. It is on page 149, thank you Shadow Ninja 64 and Bruceski.

Here it is for future reference.

Click to enlarge.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Oxxidation posted:

Here's your info for Twili Midna: hit buttons, win whole game.

Seriously, she's a monster even by DLC character standards. Ganondorf on steroids.

More so than Young Link the eternally invincible?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Spectacle Rock posted:

Thanks. I backtracked the thread until I found it. It is on page 149, thank you Shadow Ninja 64 and Bruceski.

No problem, glad folks are finding it useful. At least Termina has a flow to its progress/difficulty, the Twilight map seems to be rather random with way too much use of unlocking items that are only found in one or two spots.

Once you get a mask, it's probably best to prioritize unlocking a second of the mask over going to the next wing. That makes for better access for respawn. Zora masks in particular are used in pretty much every stage n the second half of the west wing, so it can be good to build up a stock.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Bloodly posted:

More so than Young Link the eternally invincible?

Maybe not, but certainly more stylish. Twili Midna is basically Bayonetta as done by Omega Force.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Man. I kinda wish I could put into words how unfun Fi is to play.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I sometimes enjoy playing as a dancing robot. More so than Baton or Sword Zelda.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I sometimes enjoy playing as a dancing robot. More so than Baton or Sword Zelda.

I mean really the saving grace of Fi is that she can instantly knock down the Imprisoned with her Special Attack. Which is nice considering they want you to keep using her to fight the drat things.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I hate playing as her too but my brother likes Fi a lot. I don't think she is as bad as people make her out to be, certainly not old Zant levels of awfulness which I've heard thrown around before.

I like to switch on the stone mask for her when he isn't playing because he hates it :shepface:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I think Fi is okay, her combos are just unconventional and slow. She may be one of the worst characters, but just barely.

Although it's really infuriating how her weak point smash can outright just miss.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

As someone who hated Skyward Sword its funny to see that Fi is the worst character in the game and Imprisoned is still the worst fight.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Agitha is still the worst in the game.

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.
Yeah, say what you will about Zant's clumsiness, or the Summoning Gate's speed, Agitha remains the worst. She's the one character that's just no fun to play as, and everything from her costume design to her chatter to her voice just grates.

I play Hyrule Warriors almost exclusively multiplayer, and Agitha is the only character that elicits groans from the crowd when she's required. We get into arguments over who has to play as her.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Spectacle Rock posted:

Here it is for future reference.

Click to enlarge.

Does anyone else think this path looks like....

No... no it couldn't be.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Fi's way worse. Fi is the only character besides maybe the Great Fairy that has significant trouble breaking captain/PC weak point gauges in one attempt at times. Even her special doesn't do it right at times, a trait shared only by a few other special attacks (e.g. Lana's Spear and Ganondorf's special at certain ranges). Fi's C2 and C3 combos are both considerably junky, too. Agitha has fun aerial juggles that sometimes don't work, but Fi has a dopey aerial juggle that you'll probably never know or care about because her one launcher is C2 and it sucks.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

mabels big day posted:

No... no it couldn't be.

Has it really taken someone this long to point that out? I've been thinking since the moment it was posted

edit: Level 3

Cyalpha08
Sep 2, 2011

The Great Derp Boy
I just managed to trigger the glitch using Lana on the earliest Two Gohma stage. Took several tries. Only triggered once I started using a Gate that had Rupees+ on it.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What loving rear end in a top hat looked at the Master Quest map and all of its stupid stage gimmicks, went "This isn't annoying enough," added dozens of butterflies, then put the only god drat Harp on an Agitha stage? There are Harps at the very bottom-right and one up top, but I can't get to them because butterflies are everywhere. :mad:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

mabels big day posted:

No... no it couldn't be.

It's a windmill. I don't see what the hubbub is all about :colbert:

Is the story mode long? I've been avoiding the adventure mode and whatever this game has [apparently it has some online thing to it??] until I beat the story mode.

I want to get into some sweet sweet tingly action already.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Agitha isn't the worst character in terms of strength by a long shot. I actually think her beetle spam can be really strong. The problem with her is that she is by far one of the most boring character to play. Her basic attack chain is sluggish and immobile. There's basically no reason to do anything other than spam her C2 because that beetle devastates crowds while also stunlocking them. I don't have trouble playing as her but its just so drat boring.

I'd say Agitha is the most boring character for me to play but Great Fairy Link is just as bad. You are barely ever forced to use the later though.

Dizz posted:

It's a windmill. I don't see what the hubbub is all about :colbert:

Is the story mode long? I've been avoiding the adventure mode and whatever this game has [apparently it has some online thing to it??] until I beat the story mode.

I want to get into some sweet sweet tingly action already.

The story mode is several hours long but that's nothing compared to how long adventure mode is. You don't have to complete story mode first though. If you want you can dip your toes into adventure mode and start unlocking some new stuff. Just realize that until you complete the story mode you will hit a wall at some point where the game flat out refuses to let you progress.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Did the latest patch buff Midna because holy poo poo her C2 is amazing with the darkness buff now :stare:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

ChibiSoma posted:

What loving rear end in a top hat looked at the Master Quest map and all of its stupid stage gimmicks, went "This isn't annoying enough," added dozens of butterflies, then put the only god drat Harp on an Agitha stage? There are Harps at the very bottom-right and one up top, but I can't get to them because butterflies are everywhere. :mad:

Don't know about you, but I haven't touched that stage yet. I got my Harp by getting to the bottom-right maps (would be somewhere on the third row from the bottom).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I think i've finally burned out on this game. I've made it like a third of the way into the twilight map and it's just not fun anymore.

The gimmicks are overwhelmingly shite and the enemies knock the loving tar out of you with just a few hits. I'm not even sure higher levels would make it less tedious and it's gone from feeling like i was slowly progressing through the game to a large brick wall of gently caress you.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kin posted:

I think i've finally burned out on this game. I've made it like a third of the way into the twilight map and it's just not fun anymore.

The gimmicks are overwhelmingly shite and the enemies knock the loving tar out of you with just a few hits. I'm not even sure higher levels would make it less tedious and it's gone from feeling like i was slowly progressing through the game to a large brick wall of gently caress you.

Try the Majora's Mask map; its less facepunchy than the TP one.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Is there gonna be a part of the game where Rupees and materials become trivial?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Dizz posted:

Is there gonna be a part of the game where Rupees and materials become trivial?

When you've gotten every badge and everyone to the max level. Until then, not really. You could always do the max rupee glitch though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Theta Zero posted:

When you've gotten every badge and everyone to the max level. Until then, not really. You could always do the max rupee glitch though.

Is the Max Rupee glitch Lana/Cia only? I really don't feel like levelling them up yet. If Only I had more rupees to do that..

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Dizz posted:

Is the Max Rupee glitch Lana/Cia only? I really don't feel like levelling them up yet. If Only I had more rupees to do that..

Some people have tested it, and I think they said it worked with anybody under specific conditions. Don't take my word on that, though; somebody that's tried it will probably fill you in.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Dizz posted:

Character doesn't matter beyond having attacks that are useful for the purpose of depleting the giant boss WPG without triggering the weak point smash. Here's my channel with videos of the glitch being triggered with like 10 different characters: https://www.youtube.com/user/OmegaRed64/videos

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Are there special requirements for second skultullas to appear? I figured I'd switch up to unlocking all the bonus maps instead of smashing my head against the twilight wall.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
In Legend mode you have to be playing on Hard and fulfill certain requirements, they're usually not hard to figure out though.

For Adventure mode all the second Skulltulas require you to get 1200 KOs and take less than 4 hearts of damage. Use Sheik. If you can't use Sheik then...uh...good luck.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

In Legend mode you have to be playing on Hard and fulfill certain requirements, they're usually not hard to figure out though.

For Adventure mode all the second Skulltulas require you to get 1200 KOs and take less than 4 hearts of damage. Use Sheik. If you can't use Sheik then...uh...good luck.

To add to this, remember that Adventure mode Skulltulas don't have time requirements, so take your time and be as safe as possible when you're going for them.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
I use Impa with a Naginata for exploiting the rupee glitch. Works great.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Any specifics? I've checked some videos of the rupee glitch but it seems like it can only be consistently done with a high levelled character. Link isn't even 45 40 for me :(

Dizz fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 8, 2015

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
The only thing you absolutely need is a weapon with +rupees.

I've did it the first time with a level 50 Impa so that's not a huge issue. If your characters are all severly under-leveled just play the game normally for a while longer. Higher level chars do more damage which speeds it up a bit. I use 2 down 12 across on the first adventure map. Equip bow and run to the first Gohma. Knock it down and use your strong attack which leaves a fire on the ground at a decent range then just wail on it while the fire burns it. Repeat until the weak point gauge gets low and then get some distance and use the strong attack. Once you get the gauge depleted you just need to stay out of the circle and burn down it's life bar with the strong attack.

I think trying to kill some of the trash guys as Gohma dies helps trigger the glitch but I don't know for sure. If you don't get the glitch restart the battle and try again. I can take a while to get it to work so be patient. I don't think anyone knows how to trigger it consistently so it's really a matter of just repeating the conditions that have worked until it happens.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
This may be slightly off topic - bit along with a bunch of other hyrule warriors versions of characters there was a great postman Link cosplay I saw today at Pax - complete with 8bit sword and shield

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is there a level that has a bunch of shadow Rutos so i can get her materials?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is there a level that has a bunch of shadow Rutos so i can get her materials?

I want to say there are a bunch of Shadow Rutos in one of the adventure maps that are DLC. I want to say I'm pretty sure it is on the Twilight Map.

Sorry that I cannot give more information than that...

I recall (for sure) there are Dark Zants and Dark Fis that keep spawning in the Twilight Map. There's gotta be a Dark Ruto there somewhere.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 9, 2015

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I can do the Rupee glitch with link except I don't have +Rupees for him yet so it won't matter until I get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

How many levels does a full rupee wallet tend to get you? I'd love to pump Agitha up to crazy levels just so it's not such a pain using her but also I don't trust myself to not constantly exploit the glitch and level everyone up to max level.

• Locked thread