Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

paragon1 posted:

The writers and such who try to make Wonder Woman and Superman an item are mega-dumb and boring imo.

I say they should better explore how being a superpowered being would drastically alter your sexlife. Like, what if superman were really into BDSM?

Gimme a comic about the plight of a sub who can feel no pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Zeitgueist posted:

guy gardner would be like the gamergate choice for best GL

I can't remember why he's cool!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

both comics and anime are bad

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

nutranurse posted:

I say they should better explore how being a superpowered being would drastically alter your sexlife. Like, what if superman were really into BDSM?

:stare:

Ya'll are hosed up. What did I miss in the last chat thread?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

nutranurse posted:

we the supersex thing at least 2 times last thread

niven-article.txt

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

I POSSESS THE POWER CHRONIC

Hmmm who's my favorite Green Lantern

Is it the black guy with no personality, one of the two white guys with no personality, or the other white guy who's an rear end in a top hat?

Seriously The Flash>>>>>> every other superhero

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

if you read comics you should also read anime imo

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Matoi Ryuko posted:

he's not

like he manages to be the least cool in a group of literal space police

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

nutranurse posted:

until hes loving kryptonite dickman

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

He's not. He's a pumpkin headed little fucker from the 90's who talked poo poo to Superman and was part of the absolute worst JLA ever. No wonder Doomsday seemed so hard core back then.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

nutranurse posted:

manga you baka gaigin

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

nutranurse posted:

LOL

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Okay everyone enough pretending to be interested in this stuff it was good fun while it lasted though.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

nutranurse posted:

the creator of superman already did this

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Because he's a douchebag.

Zeitgueist posted:

we the supersex thing at least 2 times last thread

niven-article.txt

That Niven article is stupid. But I repeat myself.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
When I become chief editor at DC I'm going to have so many editorial notes, leading off with "superheroes do not have sex, nor do they ever think of sex". Number two is "superheroes do not eat ice cream".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
All I know about GL is that his main villain uses some yellow magic powered by justice which kinda makes me think GL is actually the real villain.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

When I become chief editor at DC I'm going to have so many editorial notes, leading off with "superheroes do not have sex, nor do they ever think of sex". Number two is "superheroes do not eat ice cream".

a lot of the readers fit the former, but not the latter. perfect

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Effectronica posted:

wasn't wonder women literally a bondage fantasy of it's creator, hence the lasso?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

They already have the second one.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Randler you should go full German on anime lovers. It is the cultural Bolshevism of the 21st century.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Randler posted:

All I know about GL is that his main villain uses some yellow magic powered by justice which kinda makes me think GL is actually the real villain.

green lanterns are cops of course they are the bad guys

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

ITT some goons show they hate fun and colors.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Effectronica posted:

Because he's a douchebag.

That Niven article is stupid. But I repeat myself.

It sounds like he was specifically written to troll DC fans.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Effectronica posted:

They already have the second one.

At this point I think DC just has one standing note "It's for serious grownups, not little nerdy kids."

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Zeitgueist posted:

wasn't wonder women literally a bondage fantasy of it's creator, hence the lasso?

It goes way deeper than that, but the original power of the lasso was that you had to do whatever whoever was hold it said. They carefully edited that out after WMM died.

My only regret is that Marston was straight, because otherwise things would have gotten even more incredible in 1940s WW comics.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Zeitgueist posted:

lol please let this be true

it gives the lasso of truth thing such a funny angle

*wonderdomiatrix lassos sub*

"WHOS A SPINELESS PIECE OF poo poo"

"ME MISTRESS ME"

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Disinterested posted:

Randler you should go full German on anime lovers. It is the cultural Bolshevism of the 21st century.

Are you advocating genocide for all anime likers?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Comic likers are good people

quote:

This is Andy Khouri he’s the former editor of Comics Alliance (the Kotaku of comics sites) and he’s now working as an editor at DC Comics because again the comics industry is in the shitter right now and they are trying to pander to SJW’s and feminists not realizing that SJW’s and feminists don’t really give two shits about comics and just want to complain about stuff because that’s all they know how to do.

You know what’s funny about this whole thing? Comics Alliance used to be very anti DC back in 2011 when the first issue of Red Hood and the Outlaws came out they trashed that first issue and it’s writer Scott Lobdell (even going so far as to publish a hit piece on him calling him a misogynist and sexist because of the way he depicted Starfire) so I don’t understand why anyone from DC would look at this loving site and decide to hire someone from there to work as an editor.

Call me crazy but if I was someone who worked at DC and I saw someone trashing the stuff we were publishing I would ignore those people and try to not make contact with them because they’re a massive liability to the business. I wouldn’t bend over and hire someone who worked there to please the “progressives” because those people aren’t the main target demographic.

This is why I want to make it into the comic business to give people like myself who actually care about good writing and storytelling an alternative to this bullshit. We as comic fans deserve better than having our hobby be run by idiots who constantly defend con artists like Anita Sarkeesian and her ilk.

I kinda wish ComicGate was a thing because poo poo like this needs to loving stop. But that’s the problem with the world that we live in companies are too scared of being called sexist, racist and homophobic that they have bow down and kiss “progressive” rear end just to stay relevant in the media.

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

paragon1 posted:

The writers and such who try to make Wonder Woman and Superman an item are mega-dumb and boring imo.

Isn't his cum like lasers or some poo poo anyways

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Disinterested posted:

Germany hosts more anime conventions than every other country in Europe combined.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

nutranurse posted:

"ME MISTRESS ME"

i dunno if it's ever officially stated, but i recall reading something about the creator being into all sorts of kinky stuff, also bigamy etc

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Superman never appealed to me and a bunch of people told me to read "It's a Bird", so I did, and I still think Superman is dumb and unappealing.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Venom Snake posted:

Germany hosts more anime conventions than every other country in Europe combined.

i thought that was France with the highest amount of weeaboos on the continent??

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

At this point I think DC just has one standing note "It's for serious grownups, not little nerdy kids."

They put out a compilation of Superman comics they considered all-time greats recently. He cries in every single one except the origin story and maybe "What's so Funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" (easily the most overrated Superman story of all time).

nutranurse posted:

"ME MISTRESS ME"

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Superman never appealed to me and a bunch of people told me to read "It's a Bird", so I did, and I still think Superman is dumb and unappealing.

All-Star Superman would be the best introduction to Superman, if it weren't so much better than 90% of comics.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

:pusheen:

(i made sure to use an anime because comics are american anime)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Haha, calling out Lobdell for Starfire is a hit piece. lol

Also Saga is very feminist and SJW and it is good and I know a bunch of women who read it because they appreciate that.

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

I already knew about this but everytime I read one of these panels... :lol:

The original writer for wonder woman was a feminist iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

:catstare: So apparently this person has never taken away any messages from the comics he's apparently read over the past 40 years other than laughing uproariously at Ant-Man slapping the Wasp...

• Locked thread