Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

I like the animation a whole lot, which is why I get tricked into watching animes from time to time and then I remember that the slavish devotion to form, the standard and ubiquitous stock character types, the lengthy and irritating melodramatic monologues and the antrocious pacing is the reason I cannot stand loving anime.

for me it's that 99% of anime women are sexualized to the point of caricature

like even ghost in the shell is about a super soldier spy lady who is the best in the world but she's also a closet lesbo who likes hanging out at home with her future tits out in a future negligee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

bradburypancakes posted:

Do we think Obama will be more or less visible in his post-presidential life than W currently is?

He's going to be 55 when he leaves office, which should give us at least ~30 solid years of trollbama to endure/bask in.

There's always opportunities for former presidents to make public appearances in favor of their party, just look at the stuff Carter was doing on the daily show.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

kustomkarkommando posted:

r.mute did you vote for Hobsbawm or Guevara?
guevara

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

bradburypancakes posted:

Do we think Obama will be more or less visible in his post-presidential life than W currently is?

He's going to be 55 when he leaves office, which should give us at least ~30 solid years of trollbama to endure/bask in.

members of the supreme court are usually pretty visible :smug:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

My bet is Obama goes back to teaching.

And then posts on our Venting About Students thread. :getin:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
communist pop music time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyXDuI9p5U

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Law school professor is great. You grade one thing a semester.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
don't read the DOJ report on ferguson if you have any hope for america lol

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
you can directly gauge the quality of any given incarnation of ghost in the shell by how much of kusanagi's cyberbreasts are revealed by her professional military costume

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I thought your love of correct history would win out.

Don't you know guevara started AIDS?!

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Badger of Basra posted:

better not say this in the liturgigoon thread

The only person I can think of that this would upset is Kyrie Elasion. I am just a Catholic as he is, I just believe in a church that can, and should, change, rather than going back.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

Law school professor is great. You grade one thing a semester.

do law professors have tas

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

a shameful boehner posted:

Who posts in this thread and still has hope for America?!?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA3Royf9_zM

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Popular Thug Drink posted:

like even ghost in the shell is about a super soldier spy lady who is the best in the world but she's also a closet lesbo who likes hanging out at home with her future tits out in a future negligee

I think this is the most valid complaint re: anime in this thread, but it's also a problem I have with basically all forms of media everywhere.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

I dont remember but I don't think so.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sinnlos posted:

The only person I can think of that this would upset is Kyrie Elasion. I am just a Catholic as he is, I just believe in a church that can, and should, change, rather than going back.

there are some of them who think that

Badger of Basra posted:

i hope you all realize how hard it is for me to stick to my no capital letters gimmick

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

I agree whole heartedly with the first part, but I too hang out at home in my most comfortable underpants (if that) when alone. That show was pretty solid in comparison to most.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Badger of Basra posted:

tool assisted lawsuits

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

you can directly gauge the quality of any given incarnation of ghost in the shell by how much of kusanagi's cyberbreasts are revealed by her professional military costume

I can't think of more correct vision of future technology than the kinds of stuff they put in Ghost in the shell.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

tool assisted lawsuits

redundant

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

DemeaninDemon posted:

The chicken just posted the real kicker that'll probably get a few of y'all pissed.

A judge encouraged it as a way to raise revenue.

Also Justice Obama has a nice ring to it.

When people talk about running government as a business, I don't know what other scenario people have in mind. If it's about profit maximization and nontax revenue instead of about providing crucial infrastructure and services, all of us who aren't filthy rich are hosed.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Badger of Basra posted:

some do, depends on the class and the professor

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
popular thug drink is right, the original movie is the best part of GitS.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Effectronica posted:

I liked all of it!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wasn't there an actual anime series that was about the Nazis during ww2 that was pro-fascist. I remember reading about it on sa somewhere. Y'all get into some weird poo poo as long as it's animated by pervy Japanese dudes.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Effectronica posted:

It took me like three complete viewings of the first SAC to figure out what the gently caress actually happens.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

kustomkarkommando posted:

I thought your love of correct history would win out.

Don't you know guevara started AIDS?!
it was tempting, but i can't resist someone who has some bourgeois blood on his hands

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Talmonis posted:

I agree whole heartedly with the first part, but I too hang out at home in my most comfortable underpants (if that) when alone. That show was pretty solid in comparison to most.

sure but do we ever see batou hanging around his living room sipping whiskey with his dog and his roboschlong hanging out of his futurethong? no

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I liked all of it!

It's all good (so far), but I think we all can acknowledge that the first movie, with Mamoru Oshii, hot off of Patlabor and his live-action stuff, is some drat beautiful work.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Effectronica posted:

the fact that kusanagi had to wear a skintight flesh colored thermoptic camo suit when it is clearly established in later shows that it is not necessary and thermoptic camo can be built into regular body armor is Problematic

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Effectronica posted:

It's all good (so far), but I think we all can acknowledge that the first movie, with Mamoru Oshii, hot off of Patlabor and his live-action stuff, is some drat beautiful work.

Yeah, that was made not too long after Akira was, right?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When you vote 5 and then later vote 1, does it register as a 1 or a 5?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

there's are wasps in my office. the bug kind. and the other kind but they're always here.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Yeah, that was made not too long after Akira was, right?

iirc six years later

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

It changes.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

a shameful boehner posted:

Fortunately, the last bit of hope I had died years ag-oh. :smith:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

sure but do we ever see batou hanging around his living room sipping whiskey with his dog and his roboschlong hanging out of his futurethong? no

if this happens in the 2017 movie I will forgive it anything

the fact that kusanagi had to wear a skintight flesh colored thermoptic camo suit when it is clearly established in later shows that it is not necessary and thermoptic camo can be built into regular body armor is Problematic

Hmm, on the other hand, Kusanagi is deliberately very distant from humanity and human behavior, unlike Batou.

euphronius posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

And we are poorer for our lack of it.

• Locked thread