Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
It's South Park though, it's nothing the TV show hasn't already done years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

My favorite grey choices in KOTOR 2 are the Ithorian/Czerka and the Talia/Vaklu conflicts. General Vaklu is a very charismatic leader and a powerful ally to have, but unfortunately his second in command is in cahoots with the Sith. But Vaklu himself just wants what is best for Onderon and who can blame him? The Republic is falling apart and the planet is still recovering from the aftermath of two wars. Talia is the true leader, but she follows the word of the Jedi who haven't been making the best decisions lately and have a bad habit of bringing the life eating Nihilus down on them.

When I first played the game, my assumption was that Talia was right and Vaklu was wrong because that's how it was in the Tales of the Jedi comics, so the Holy EU Canon was on my side. :spergin:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Tae posted:

South Park Stick of Truth was so bug-free that people forgot that was Obsidian.

It's amazing what an extra year in the cooker does to one's QA.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arbite posted:

It's amazing what an extra year in the cooker does to one's QA.

Also not having your QA be done by Bethesda so they can screw you out of royalty bonuses by their sheer bugfixing incompetence.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also not having your QA be done by Bethesda so they can screw you out of royalty bonuses by their sheer bugfixing incompetence.

This assumes that the Bethesda QA department is competent enough to be capable of malice.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

The idea of a company deliberately sabotaging their own product to get out of paying royalties to another is laughably ridiculous. Especially since it would require them to know exactly how much QA to do to achieve an 84 Metascore instead of an 85.

Those kinds of contracts are disturbingly common by the way. Seriously, gently caress Metacritic. Or rather, gently caress the studios that use Metacritic to make their business decisions.

Anyway, given the general buggy state of Elder Scrolls games plus the fact it was an Obsidian release, I was just happy that installing New Vegas didn't somehow cause my house to catch fire. Still, it was a solid game... it would have been worth the property loss.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The thing is, I don't know why Obsidian didn't do the QA themselves. When given proper development times, they tend to fix their bugs. See Stick of Truth and Dungeon Siege 3. Both relatively bug free. And Ropekid has said on this forum that a lot of stuff that was broken on release was functional when they sent the game off to Bethesda for QA. But Obsidian gets poo poo for bethesda's failure at bug fixing.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Bethesda has a QA department?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My experience as a QA tester lead me to think that the problems is rarely the QA department itself as much as the head of the company deciding to go ahead with a buggy product knowingly. The amount of games I tested that were full of bugs that were simply "waived" or labelled "as designed" is too large to count, and "it's not a bug, it's a feature" as long become a running joke in tester circles.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

MonsieurChoc posted:

My experience as a QA tester lead me to think that the problems is rarely the QA department itself as much as the head of the company deciding to go ahead with a buggy product knowingly. The amount of games I tested that were full of bugs that were simply "waived" or labelled "as designed" is too large to count, and "it's not a bug, it's a feature" as long become a running joke in tester circles.

This is basically what I assumed happened.

Going though the motions because thats whats expected but regardless the games going out on time and they can fix the bugs later if they feel like it.

gently caress Arkham: Origins. gently caress New Vegas.

e: holy poo poo, autocorrect - one of the few times I actually need you...

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Jay O posted:

New musical countdown for any Bebop fans: Top 10 Musical Moments in Cowboy Bebop! This one was a lot of fun to make. :)

Oh man, Space Lion as "2. Space Lion is probably my favorite track of the whole soundtrack. I've never seen it as a sad song but rather its perfect for stargazing and omnimous stuff.

I'm kind of surprised of the omission of the boat chase on Ganymede Elegy from the list. It's one of those moments that there's other similar moment on a different show that's strange to see it done twice in 2 different contexts.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Kunster posted:

I'm kind of surprised of the omission of the boat chase on Ganymede Elegy from the list. It's one of those moments that there's other similar moment on a different show that's strange to see it done twice in 2 different contexts.

That's also a fantastic musical moment. I guess there are so many in Cowboy Bebop it's hard to fit them all on to a top ten.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's like Star Wars, there's just some music that is so completely ingrained in the scene that you cannot imagine it without the music playing.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Speaking of, Linkara recently review a comic based off of the very original draft of Star Wars. And its not actually that bad.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

My favorite thing of Todd's one hit wonders is remembering songs that I used to hear all the time but forgot about.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Mischalaniouse posted:

That's also a fantastic musical moment. I guess there are so many in Cowboy Bebop it's hard to fit them all on to a top ten.

Yeah, I definitely considered the boat chase set to "Elm," but it was a little too similar to both the #10 and #9 spots for different reasons, (ironic use of a mellow tune + Jet-focused piece) so it didn't quite make it. It's Bebop, I could have made a Top 30+ without stretching for content.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

My favorite thing of Todd's one hit wonders is remembering songs that I used to hear all the time but forgot about.

Todd also posted this message on his Patron.

https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1819093 :unsmith:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just want Todd to do a one hit wonderland on Eiffel 65's Blue so that he'll have to bring up that they made an entire song dedicated to their favorite playstation games including such hits as Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, and the fuckin ps1 x-files game

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That x-files game is great though, if for no other reason than the character you play uses an Apple Newton to organize his notes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jay O posted:

Yeah, I definitely considered the boat chase set to "Elm," but it was a little too similar to both the #10 and #9 spots for different reasons, (ironic use of a mellow tune + Jet-focused piece) so it didn't quite make it. It's Bebop, I could have made a Top 30+ without stretching for content.

Like you said, you could have filled the entire list with music from Knocking on Heaven's Door alone. That soundtrack is insane.

And I like that you put Cowboy Andy's riff in there. Someone apparently liked Ennio Morricone soundtracks.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 6, 2015

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I checked Bennett the Sages website, and it looks like he is having some pretty serious medical problems. Does anyone know what that is about? I hope he gets better from whatever it is.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I checked Bennett the Sages website, and it looks like he is having some pretty serious medical problems. Does anyone know what that is about? I hope he gets better from whatever it is.
He's not exactly the most svelte guy out there, so there's that (glass houses-I'm a big guy, too)

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
From what I understand Bennett's been losing a lot of weight lately.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Clip-On Fedora posted:

quote:

4 March:
Bennett The Sage @BennettTheSage
11,170 strides on the elliptical machine in one hour, including 6000 in 29 minutes and 4 seconds. I will get better.

quote:

I will get better because I am sick and tired of not being good enough.

5 March:

quote:

I just showered for half an hour, trying to alleviate my back and neck with hot water. Christ, Im in pain.

Stick at it, dude!

And good call on finally cutting your hair!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man Angry Joe really doesn't like the actress for Wonder Woman, kind of acting like a dick about it on twitter saying she isn't "being serious about bulking up for it"

He's really into the Gina Carano should have been Wonder Woman even though she can't act for poo poo

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Have you seen the Fast and Furious movies? Neither can Gal Gadot.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Supergirl was never really a big buff lady. Wonder Woman, on the other hand, probably should be. I'm not sure Joe knows what he wants from Supergirl and would complain no matter what they showed. I thought the suit looked pretty good myself. As for the actual quality of the show, well, that remains to be seen.

I rather they just bring back DC animated shows. I really enjoyed their animated universe between Batman, Superman and the Justice League cartoons.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I don't really think an Amazon has to be built like a brick shithouse

I mean hell just look at how the Greeks drew Amazons in their vase art
https://www.google.com/search?q=ama...iw=1366&bih=643

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Or this

:shrug:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

achillesforever6 posted:

Aren't her superpowers basically magic anyway? She's from a Hellenistic warrior society so she should be fit, but the magic means she doesn't actually need muscles. I'd prefer a strong looking Wonder Woman, but as long as it's not Twiggy in a tiara it's likely ok.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Nah, I don't think so either. I just think in the case of Wonder Woman they probably could have gotten a taller lady (and better actress) for the role. Especially when she has to stand to Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck who are pretty drat tall.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Gyges posted:

Aren't her superpowers basically magic anyway?
Yep. Wonder Woman is to the Jusitce League what Thor is to the Avengers--the one member of a given mythology. Wondie's origin is either that she was made out of clay and blessed with life by the Gods or she was the illegitimate child of Zeus himself. What I've heard though is that the Amazonians are gonna be this race of aliens who, much like Supes, have gained powers from the sun and live as a secluded warrior race in this island nobody knows about. Which would suck because if DC would go full-tilt and say "Yeah, Gods exist", that would give them the leg up over Marvel's "They're kinda, not really Gods".

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Benny the Snake posted:

Yep. Wonder Woman is to the Jusitce League what Thor is to the Avengers--the one member of a given mythology. Wondie's origin is either that she was made out of clay and blessed with life by the Gods or she was the illegitimate child of Zeus himself. What I've heard though is that the Amazonians are gonna be this race of aliens who, much like Supes, have gained powers from the sun and live as a secluded warrior race in this island nobody knows about. Which would suck because if DC would go full-tilt and say "Yeah, Gods exist", that would give them the leg up over Marvel's "They're kinda, not really Gods".

To be fair to Marvel, "They're kinda, not really gods" was the line from the comics as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Marvel has actual deities that warp reality, so it's true the norse figures aren't really Gods.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Smarty gives a heartfelt farewell to Channel Awesome.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

To be fair to Marvel, "They're kinda, not really gods" was the line from the comics as well.
The only god in the Marvel universe is Jack Kirby

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That beats the DC Giant White Hand

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm pretty sure they already have. The Amazons being a lost Kryptonian colony was an old rumour.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I noticed that the Supergirl show is about 24 year old Kara. Does that mean they're ignoring the Kara Zor-El from the prequel comic that explained how the Kryptonian ship got to Earth for Man of Steel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

RLM's Previously Recorded takes a look at the new release The Order 1886.

http://redlettermedia.com/pre-rec-the-order-1886/

• Locked thread