Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"Idiots"

Everyone is going to die and it's going to be awesome.

And someone gave Valeria ice cream :3:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

On the other hand, it's Marvel. "Nick Fury/Dr Doom did it!" is always an option. And they were usually a robot at the time.

I mean in reference to him being a watcher-thing now. I'm sure there is something more than just a rule set in place that stops him from interfering or else he'd be doing it immediately.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Did Cyclops figure out the ultimate way to not lose? Let everyone die and then be resurrected with the Phoenix Egg? Is that what I should take away from his scene with best buddies Roberto and Sam?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Fritzler posted:

Did Cyclops figure out the ultimate way to not lose? Let everyone die and then be resurrected with the Phoenix Egg? Is that what I should take away from his scene with best buddies Roberto and Sam?

I wonder if it's something more like Cyke has been prodding the Egg and figured out some connection with the white-hot room, essentially another safe space in space-time that can let them ride out the incursions and come back when the Illuminativengers figure out what the gently caress to do. Another version of the Lifeboat that Valeria proposed.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 4, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Senor Candle posted:

I mean in reference to him being a watcher-thing now. I'm sure there is something more than just a rule set in place that stops him from interfering or else he'd be doing it immediately.

He is chained up to the moon and can't leave.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
Honestly surprised we didn't get another Steve rant about that lifeboat option. I wouldn't be too surprised if on 1610, the City was a lifeboat too. If all Ultimate Reed has to offer is weapons, they might thoroughly hosed. Except if they use these weapons to steal a lifeboat I guess.

Avengers World was pretty okay. I like that they did a bit more world building. The only thing that annoys me is that Avengers World has been getting better art than New Avengers. It's not incredible but at least, it works and doesn't look bad.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wonder what Black Swan and Namor's deal was, probably something like "we're on a team with total psychos now, lets watch each other's back and try to come out the other side".

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Fritzler posted:

Considering all the constant rumor mongering about the brass wanting to end of the x-books I wouldn't put too much stock in it being the ultimate way to not lose especially since Cyclops has become the preeminent gently caress up of the marvel universe as far as all the writers are concerned.

Think of it more as a backdoor in case they get the movie rights back.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SirDan3k posted:

Marvel is never getting the film rights back to X-Men, and I'm pretty sure they've made their peace with that. The only reason they've got partial rights to Spider-Man is because Sony is run but idiots who can turn a movie with a 700 million dollar international gross into a failure. Fox has better accountants than Sony, basically.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SirDan3k posted:

Considering all the constant rumor mongering about the brass wanting to end of the x-books I wouldn't put too much stock in it being the ultimate way to not lose especially since Cyclops has become the preeminent gently caress up of the marvel universe as far as all the writers are concerned.

Nobody wants to end the X-Books. Nor will they.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

Considering all the constant rumor mongering about the brass wanting to end of the x-books
Never going to happen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SirDan3k posted:

Yeah, they hate the X-books so much they're making a lot of X-Men themed ones on Battleworld and keeping Kitty paired with Star-Lord.

And the writers think Cyclops is such a gently caress-up that Hickman has him featured as someone who can actually save the world.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How is Cyclops a gently caress up? He's been awesome in everything since Schism..

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Cyclops has been on an upward trajectory since Morrisons run and getting with Emma. He became a pretty interesting character and more his own person with the weight of mutantdom on his shoulders and doing what was necessary.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'm just happy we had a great artist this time around. I was hoping for a lot more Ultimate Reed, though. (or, as it turned out, any.)

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, they hate the X-books so much they're making a lot of X-Men themed ones on Battleworld and keeping Kitty paired with Star-Lord.

And the writers think Cyclops is such a gently caress-up that Hickman has him featured as someone who can actually save the world.

Writers and editors are fighting to keep the x-men but everybody above them on the ladder wants to know why they are spending money on an IP they can't use to advertise movies they don't get a cut of. I used to think the X-men were safe until I remembered that Disney accountants don't give a poo poo that they were huge during my childhood or about the x-men's place in culture if they can't profit from it.

The phoenix egg is going to be dead in the next reveal because it's a horror movie and every universal force has been screwed by the Beyonders beatdown.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Ah yes the iron clad defense of accountants are evil! They aren't going to stop making X-Men books until X-Men books stop making them money.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

Writers and editors are fighting to keep the x-men but everybody above them on the ladder wants to know why they are spending money on an IP they can't use to advertise movies they don't get a cut of. I used to think the X-men were safe until I remembered that Disney accountants don't give a poo poo that they were huge during my childhood or about the x-men's place in culture if they can't profit from it.

The phoenix egg is going to be dead in the next reveal because it's a horror movie and every universal force has been screwed by the Beyonders beatdown.

X-men are some of Marvel's biggest sellers so they are safe. FF did not have good sales so it was easier to cut them.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

X-men are some of Marvel's biggest sellers so they are safe. FF did not have good sales so it was easier to cut them.
FF only really has one comic, too. Much easier to kill than an entire gamut of X titles.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

redbackground posted:

FF only really has one comic, too. Much easier to kill than an entire gamut of X titles.

Well Marvel did recently announce the cancellation of all their X books :v:

(until they are relaunched post Secret Wars)

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

X-men are some of Marvel's biggest sellers so they are safe.

What does that really mean when the margins on the print books is slim enough to shave atoms with though?

The FF canning shows they aren't worried about the characters place in the universe or their history or cultural impact, just the numbers, they can be the biggest sellers and still get axed if the accounting voodoo says they are losing phantom cash through non-snergetic inside the box thinking.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
FF was never a big seller. Like ever.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

And it limped along due to the character's place in the universe, their history and their cultural impact. If numbers and cash are the only thing holding the X-men in place there's potential for trouble because the numbers and cash are miniscule in the new marvel structure.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

And it limped along due to the character's place in the universe, their history and their cultural impact. If numbers and cash are the only thing holding the X-men in place there's potential for trouble because the numbers and cash are miniscule in the new marvel structure.

Yes but that ignores looking at Secret War in which a bunch of the miniseries star the X-men. How many involve the Fantastic Four?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes but that ignores looking at Secret War in which a bunch of the miniseries star the X-men. How many involve the Fantastic Four?

Runaways! Kinda!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The FF don't need their own book to be around. Sue/Reed can hang with the Avengers/Illuminati, Valeria is on Runaways and can keep hanging out with Doom, Johnny should go team-up with Spidey again and Ben can gently caress off because no one likes him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ben can gently caress off because no one likes him.

Way to be a Hawkeye

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

It used to be a huge seller in 1962

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

That's not so black and white to me. It can be that the X-Men are coming back because they are a big part of things or that the writers and editors are getting in on one final bash where they can write whatever x-men story they want with no continuity restrictions.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

That's not so black and white to me. It can be that the X-Men are coming back because they are a big part of things or that the writers and editors are getting in on one final bash where they can write whatever x-men story they want with no continuity restrictions.

Yeah but they are not doing that with the Fantastic Four. If they really wanted to give a middle finger to the X-men they would not have included them at all. Also Wolverine, Deadpool, and the X-men still make them a shitton of money in merchandise so that's another reason they are safe.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

And let's face it, the FF will be back, they are too integral to the Marvel Universe to stay away for long. They'll be on the shelf for a bit, then one of the big name writers who can sell will have a story they want to tell with them and they'll be back.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
loving hell I love Cyclops. Has he always had the Phoenix Egg just sitting around chilling somewhere or is this a new revelation?

Also when is Reed gonna shave that beard

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Not before the start of Secret Wars, I'd bet.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

bobkatt013 posted:

Way to be a Hawkeye

That loving panel, man. Big green guy holding crying rock man is more beautiful than it really should be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

After Secret Wars I want a book about the Beardvengers.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

Way to be a Hawkeye

What is this from?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

SalTheBard posted:

What is this from?

I think it's the ff issue after Johnny dies in Hickman's run

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zachack posted:

I think it's the ff issue after Johnny dies in Hickman's run

It is. F4#588. The last one before Future Foundation began.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 5, 2015

radlum
May 13, 2013
I think I missed the issue were the Cabal lands in Ultimate Reed's world. Can anyone tell me which number it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Avengers #41

• Locked thread