Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Overlooking the mag size, it's a better LMG than all but the Ameli Subverter (also 3HK at all ranges, 50 rounds, slightly better RoF).

It has the S12's range, so YMMV on the shotguns. When you absolutely, positively need to kill every motherfucker in a phone booth, it's your huckleberry, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo it has 40 rounds in shottie mode.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Hackan Slash posted:

I would argue that the new movement system was to much of a change. It's the biggest change the franchise has ever had and really changes the dynamic of the game.

the fact that the movement change means that most of you cant exploit retarded pubbies and stack nukes anymore. People come at you from all loving angles... kinda sucks.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Tried the new gun in a couple games.

Pros:
-It's an lmg and shottie all in one.
-Shottie mode has 40 rounds.
-It's a laser gun.

Cons:
-Really slow movement in both modes.
-Piss poor shottie range.
-Huge recoil at range
-Awkward to use
-Think the damage might be worse than the s12 in shottie mode.
-Shottie spread is loving gigantic.

I give it a C-. ASM1 still dominates the field.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

My god that sounds like everything I've ever wanted out of CoD, and yet not good enough to actually use. gently caress you Activision, why you gotta tease like that?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Nighthand posted:

My god that sounds like everything I've ever wanted out of CoD, and yet not good enough to actually use. gently caress you Activision, why you gotta tease like that?

Give it a try. "Slow movement speed" and "awkward to use" amount to "is an LMG," and since I remember you using the XMGs a bunch....

The ten or so LMG/Shotgun Overkill classes I had in Blops 2 make me think this is a good idea.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah give it a go if you are used to playing like that. Especially with the xmg. I was just giving my thoughts on it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'll definitely try it out. I loved the XMGs, but a good chunk of that is just due to how ridiculous they are. That, and the whole "lock down and snipe people across the map and then aim up and take out a helicopter" aspect of it.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

If there's any PS4 goons that want to play, add me at BrownThunder85. I typically play a few rounds at lunch, 12-1CST and in the evening whenever.

Edit: is the DLC worth getting for $15? Or just go whole hog with the season pass?

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

BrownThunder posted:

If there's any PS4 goons that want to play, add me at BrownThunder85. I typically play a few rounds at lunch, 12-1CST and in the evening whenever.

Edit: is the DLC worth getting for $15? Or just go whole hog with the season pass?

Do you want to make bad decisions one at a time or all at once?

That said I have gotten to checkout on the live website more than this for this game and backed out because I had more than a few beers.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeyo, DJCobol and I are playing this dumb game right now.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

BrownThunder posted:

I always get the DLC season pass.

It's great for the 4 times per year that the goons get together and play.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 4, 2015

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
You can buy supply drops now. Also there's at least three dress up sets exclusive to these purchased supply drops. Getting them is not guaranteed.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah this game dropped off fast. Goons don't play because no one is on but if people were on then more people would play!

:argh:

Miss goon groups :(

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah this game dropped off fast. Goons don't play because no one is on but if people were on then more people would play!

:argh:

Miss goon groups :(

You're ps4, right? Add me to your friends, bettyspagh3tt1

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

We had a full group on Xbone last night.

Also I'm making a Call of Duty Heroes clan. :shepspends:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

^ good times were had with the 360 group I was hoping more would jump ship. I think Cajun said ps4 then everyone headed that way then he ended up on bone?

Added you. Lots of dudes in the clan that get mad when I spam them invites :colbert: ya'll wanna play or what

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

^ good times were had with the 360 group I was hoping more would jump ship. I think Cajun said ps4 then everyone headed that way then he ended up on bone?

Added you. Lots of dudes in the clan that get mad when I spam them invites :colbert: ya'll wanna play or what

Cajun said he was thinking about both. His wife bougt him an xbone but he doesnt play aw he's pretty much always on destiny. Also I'm pretty sure the spreadsheet had more goons going xbone than ps4.

beaner69 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 5, 2015

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
poo poo! I would love to play Destiny with Cajun. And John McCain. I went with PS4 because alcohol.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I just bought the season pass for this game how dumb am i?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm LP'ing Dragon Age but if I'm playing anything else you can send me an invite. I don't much care for playing solo but goon groups are always a good time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

sba posted:

I just bought the season pass for this game how dumb am i?

We're a large group. History repeats itself

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am willing to play this tonight if more than two other people play with me.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I was going to try playing this after dinner. I should be on in 30-45 minutes.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I loving love the Ohm in hardcore. The shotgun mode sprays so many lasers that you're virtually guaranteed kills at medium range, and the machine gun mode isn't really that inaccurate. It's like my standard AR/Shotty dual primary class, but with extra points saved for cool stuff like perks.

Treat the shotgun part like the AA12 and you're golden with that half.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Ohm makes the Season Pass really tempting, but I'd rather put that $50 towards BF Hardline.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

TO OTHER COD:H WHALES :shepspends:

:getin:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
How's the ping to China? :q:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm sitting here with Javes right now, join us.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
"Ohm is overpowered!" *switches to ASM1 and proceeds to dominate everybody*

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think this patch killed what little interest I had left for this game. The ASM1 nerf wasn't enough, and the buffs to the other SMGs don't make much of a difference. I didn't bother trying out the other guns that supposedly got buffed in this update.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
Man I killed some dude so much that he thinks I have a modded controller for the xbox 360, I think he means like an aimbot or something. I didn't even know those still existed much less for the 360 so I was a bit flabbergasted but he recorded my killcam so I'm sure I'm gonna get banned from xbox live for eternity from shooting some guy with a gun. The Ohm shoots in sort of a way that you just need to aim in the general direction of a guy to kill him.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

soooo aside from the ASM1 and whatever that Ohm poo poo is what other guns are "ok" after this new patch?

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
The buff to the stupid Atlas pistol has been pretty substantial, it'll take 4 body shots at the most if you pepper it in real fast. So it's a viable option if you've literally no other elite pistol, just run up to people. Also I'm sure it pisses people off to know that they were killed by a Atlas 45. The KF5 is pretty good now too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kf5 was pretty decent before gonna have to give that a go again

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Whoever said morning pubs are stupid was loving right. 25-8 on Core with the tac 19 is unheard of for me.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Most of the groups play at night, so its pretty easy to do well during that time.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

soooo aside from the ASM1 and whatever that Ohm poo poo is what other guns are "ok" after this new patch?

My best gun has always been the ARX160 hole puncher variant, and with the increased magazine it can only get better.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Anyone on PS4 want to play Exo Zombies? Would love a full group of people who communicate and delay rounds.

PSN: EvolutionIsAMyth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Having a really interesting problem... I just got the AE4 Shocker out of a supply drop. I have the Season Pass, so I was pretty happy to have an elite version of the first DLC weapon.

When I go to use it in a match, it has an Ohm model and only one bullet.

When I use it on the Firing Range, it's the AE4 and works as it should.

Any ideas?

• Locked thread