Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Tusen Takk posted:

The 6 and 6+ are both good products

nope

infernal machines posted:

no they're market chasing trash designed to hoover up the idiots that finally got sick of sarnsung's poo poo

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

no they're market chasing trash designed to hoover up the idiots that finally got sick of sarnsung's poo poo

and as it turns out, there's fuckin 100s of millions of them

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

echinopsis posted:

apple is the new samsung

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Blue Train posted:

apple is the new samsung

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

well someone had to be buying all those samsungs to begin with, so it stands to reason

the only markets they didn't absorb were the poors with no contract upgrade options and the iyg'ers who pathologically hate apple

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

apple

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

I'm definitely not saying it will be user-upgradeable just that there could at least be some kind of trade-in deal
i bet its take your watch to an apple store -> tech (specially trained apple 'watchmaker' tech) opens your watch up and swaps out the ic board for the new one and/or replaces the battery) -> dude hands the watch back to you. itll be free for the premium watches, a fee for the midtier, and youre better off just buying a new one on the cheap tier

building out the apple retail stores to sell (and handle, and store) $10,000 pieces of jewelry will be an interesting challenge

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

*tilts back fedora, eyes apple watch*

looks like this apple...

*spits on floor, brings fedora back down over eyes*

is full of worms

*throws watch in trash in disgust*

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qirex posted:

"and you can give it to your grandson"

apple already made that product it was called the apple iie

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Blue Train posted:

apple is the new samsung

apple means quality

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

FMguru posted:

building out the apple retail stores to sell (and handle, and store) $10,000 pieces of jewelry will be an interesting challenge

can't wait to see my local mall look like something out of mad max and thieves sawing off arms to steal iwatches

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

apple means quality

the iphone6+ bends with normal use

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

maniacdevnull posted:

can't wait to see my local mall look like something out of mad max and thieves sawing off arms to steal iwatches

in the last months 5 stores in SF including 3 high-end audio stores have been ram-raided, I don't see this helping with that

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qirex posted:

in the last months 5 stores in SF including 3 high-end audio stores have been ram-raided, I don't see this helping with that

with the physique of the typical apple fan i guess those stores will be ham raided :razz::respek::iamafag:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

:)

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I like how a bunch of mad nerds keep denying how good the iPhone 6 is because they're mad their internet pontificating was wrong

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

and let me tell you, I am a man with a deep appreciation of how

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol at a bunch of nerds not understanding what makes a good product now that apple no longer makes them

just like stymie predicted, yopsos turned into iyg/dyp within a week of the iphone announcement

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

uncurable mlady posted:

I like how a bunch of mad nerds keep denying how good the iPhone 6 is because they're mad their internet pontificating was wrong

you've got it dead-on. excellent work.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol at a bunch of nerds not understanding what makes a good product now that apple no longer makes them

just like stymie predicted, yopsos turned into iyg/dyp within a week of the iphone announcement

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

gently caress you i predicted that too :mad:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Apple stores will not carry or handle the gold watches. they don't have the security for it and they don't have the staff to handle that kind of clientele. if there is an upgrade path (I doubt it) it will involve sending the watch back to apple and will only be available for the gold watch.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

graph posted:

you've got it dead-on. excellent work.

graph you're a good guy but you're wrong about the iPhone 6. worse, you're trucking with stymie.

it's not too late. you can turn back. stebe (pbuh) will forgive u

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

uncurable mlady posted:

graph you're a good guy but you're wrong about the iPhone 6. worse, you're trucking with stymie.

it's not too late. you can turn back. stebe (pbuh) will forgive u

stymie was right

you can pry my murdered out stevephone5 from my cold dead hands

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

gotta LOL at all the IYGers that gotta caveat "that x apple product sucks now, but they'll sell millions anyway" cause they know they'd get owned if they didnt

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Apple makes the most needs suiting and desired devices and their recent record breaking quarter proves this.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

count the total number of armenian gangsters

count the total number of opec committee members and their male children

the sum will be the total number of apple watches sold

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

tim owns

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

gold looks like poo poo on white people.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blue Train posted:

*tilts back fedora, eyes apple watch*

looks like this apple...

*spits on floor, brings fedora back down over eyes*

is full of worms

*throws watch in trash in disgust*

terrible

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

it's the lack of contrast :smugbird:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Management posted:

Apple stores will not carry or handle the gold watches. they don't have the security for it and they don't have the staff to handle that kind of clientele. if there is an upgrade path (I doubt it) it will involve sending the watch back to apple and will only be available for the gold watch.

False

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

they are installing some custom made safes in the apple stores for them so they'll definitely be available

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

seriously, it looks tacky as gently caress

whitegold and platinum basically are your only choices if you're white

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

seriously, it looks tacky as gently caress

whitegold and platinum basically are your only choices if you're white

silver as well.

anyway that won't stop people from spending hella money on the gold ones.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!

graph posted:

stymie was right

you can pry my murdered out stevephone5 from my cold dead hands

pram
Jun 10, 2001

cremnob posted:

they are installing some custom made safes in the apple stores for them so they'll definitely be available

get in the flame thread u lazy parasite

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

lol @ apple advertizing pure strain gold, specially crafted by our artisan metallurgists

also "crafted from" does not mean it's a solid gold chassis, it's a bullshit marketing term. i mean it could mean that, but it's absurd

you obviously have no idea whatsoever what the luxury watch market is like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

poty posted:

you obviously have no idea whatsoever what the luxury watch market is like

so school me then

• Locked thread