Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Does someone here have a claim on the Get-Out-Frog-Head-on-Sirocco-Body gif they slapped in the background?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm sure people have made tons of claims against them, he had to resubmit it like five times before they'd clear him for the first release and he's been quietly removing images from the game ever since. The sniper rifle graphic he was using was straight out of COD, I heard that's what got him in real trouble.

Then again, maybe NOA just woke up and decided to pull the plug.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE people, the Link Between Worlds soundtrack is back up on Club Nintendo, 3000 Stars:

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds--original-soundtrack-290

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NOE people, the Link Between Worlds soundtrack is back up on Club Nintendo, 3000 Stars:

http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/products/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds--original-soundtrack-290

Nice!
If anyone of you EU goons needs 250 stars to get this, I got a Starfox 64 code flying about doing nothing (found out I registered a friends' code years before lmao).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's probably worth noting that if anyone's thinking about buying OlliOlli (It's pretty good!) they're giving away the sequel on PS+ this month if you have a Vita/PS3/4

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Help Im Alive posted:

It's probably worth noting that if anyone's thinking about buying OlliOlli (It's pretty good!) they're giving away the sequel on PS+ this month if you have a Vita/PS3/4

It's not on PS3 :( Loved the first one, well worth the purchase!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Shame Wayforward isn't putting their other games on sale. I got all three of those games basically as soon as they came out. I kind of want to try the Mighty Galaxy game, as it's the last "Mighty" game I don't have.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I'm sure people have made tons of claims against them, he had to resubmit it like five times before they'd clear him for the first release and he's been quietly removing images from the game ever since. The sniper rifle graphic he was using was straight out of COD, I heard that's what got him in real trouble.

Then again, maybe NOA just woke up and decided to pull the plug.

Here's the most important thing:

quote:

Hello Reddit. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the disappearance of Meme Run from the eShop, so I thought I'd help clear things up since its creator doesn't seem to want to acknowledge it publicly.

A handful of you might remember me, but (hopefully) most of you probably have no clue who I am. To keep it brief, I own the copyright to the Trollface image, and seeing as the image was the 'star' of Meme Run, I sent a DMCA takedown notice to Nintendo and want to try and settle the matter amicably. I don't really intend to have a discussion on fair use or explain my motivations beyond the fact that my business with other parties compels me to make sure that instances of copyright infringement are addressed and resolved. Typically the result in these matters is simply having the use of the image be credited, recovering some kind of monetary compensation, or simply have it removed from the work.

To that end, takedown notices are a necessary first step to quickly open a direct line of communication with the offending party and work on remedying the situation.

I did try to reach out to the creator earlier this year and obtain the information I needed, but he claimed that he was not at liberty to speak about his relationship with Nintendo or any of the particulars regarding the game's sales data. My lawyer had been busy working on another case (which I am actually not at liberty to talk about lest I void the terms of our agreement) and I prefer to let him handle the matter of my legal representation, so I sort of dragged my feet on actually setting this in motion so he could wrap up our current case.

So, whatever you may have thought of Meme Run, its absence might only be temporary. For those of you who were hoping to pick it up and missed their opportunity, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

The dev really seems to like giving people the runaround when it comes to actually talking about things.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The dev really seems to like giving people the runaround when it comes to actually talking about things.

The author of a piece of cash-in shovelware isn't interested in a dialog with his audience, who'da thunk.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA put out a big list of upcoming indie games at GDC, with lots of release windows and some previously unannounced games:

WII U

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Mario is indie now?) - March 5
OlliOlli - March 5
Trine Enchanted Edition - March 12
Dot Arcade - "March"
Elliot Quest - "March"
Affordable Space Adventures - April 9
Space Hulk - May 2
Windup Knight 2 - "April"
Adventures of Pip - "May"
Swords & Soldiers 2 - "May"
Back To Bed - "May"
Nihilumbra - "Spring"
Don't Starve: Giant Edition - "Spring"
OOctodad: Dadliest Catch - "Summer"
The Swindle - "Summer"
Ninja Pizza Girl - "June"
Never Alone - "June"
6180 the moon - "Q2"
Woah Dave! Deluxe - "Q2"
Shutshimi - "Q2"
Slain! - "Q2"
Race The Sun - "Q2"
BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition - "Q2"
Toto Temple Deluxe - "Q2"
Life of Pixel - "Q2"
Beatbuddy - "Q2"
NOVA-111 - "Summer"
Steamworld Heist - "August"
Chromophore: The Two Brothers Director's Cut - "August"
Runbow - "Q3"
forma.8 - "Q3"
Hex Heroes - "Q3"
Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge - "Q3"
Antipole DX - "Q3"
Shantae Risky's Revenge: Directors' Cut - "Q3"

3DS

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - March 5
OlliOlli - March 5
Proun+ - March 5
Boxboy - "Spring"
DOOORS - "Spring"
Cube Creator 3D - "Q2"
Lionel City Builder 3D - "Q2"
Shutshimi - "Q2"
Dementium: The Ward - "Q2"
Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge - "Q2"
Steamworld Heist - "August"
Antipole DX - "Q3"
Shantae Risky Revenge; Developers' Cut- "Q3"

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Well having Shantae 2 on the 3DS proper instead of just as a DSi game and also on the Wii U is a surprise.

Hopefully they don't charge $15 for it like the DSi version though. PC version's almost always on sale.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Shantae thing got leaked months ago by their Japanese publisher, but it's cool nonetheless.

Also, it's not on their PR but 3D Outrun is out next week (March 12).

EDIT: oh, and "Boxboy" is HAL's Hakoboy, I'll post some footage later.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Boxboy looks exactly like a western indie flash game, and yet it is not.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats the best castlevania game available on the eshop for Wii U?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i will warn you all now. do not spend money on woah dave

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Awesome! posted:

I kind of love Woah Dave actually. I got it for the 3DS when it was on sale for $1 and it's a nice arcade style high score challenge thing. If that's not your cup of tea, avoid it. Otherwise it's a fun distraction in short bursts

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

play super crate box for free instead it's better

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Probably Aria of Sorrow for GBA VC. Also Harmony of Dissonance is good, so is Super Castlevania. I really like Castlevania III, but I can admit it's not the best.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Do Virtual Console games ever go on sale? I never really bothered much when I had a Wii.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Do Virtual Console games ever go on sale? I never really bothered much when I had a Wii.

Very occasionally.

Awesome! posted:

For what it's worth, they're prepping a "deluxe" update to add some actual content, but yeah, the release that's out there now is definitely a dud.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Abu Dave posted:

Castlevania 1 is a really tight experience and is still very good, Castlevania 3 is also a classic. Suoer Castlevania IV is the unique one in the classic series that gives you complete control over Simon and it's another classic. Aria of Sorrow is a GBA Metroidvania and it's honestly probably my favorite game in the series. You can't go wrong with any of those four.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Trailers!

Runbow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djr4iHzUOI8

Never Alone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGlbdC9i8t4

Swords & Soldiers 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKScdIki6Uc

Affordable Space Adventures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNjBeGy0IuA

Don't Starve: Giant Edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69HeuLNN87w

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Very occasionally.

For what it's worth, they're prepping a "deluxe" update to add some actual content, but yeah, the release that's out there now is definitely a dud.

"Very occasionally."

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Abu Dave posted:

Guacamelee doesn't have whips and vampires, but it's the same open platformer concept and it's awesome

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 5):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    OlliOlli - €9.99 / £7.99, introductory price €8.49 / £6.79 (cross-buy)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
    Kung-Fu Heroes (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 from until March 12
    Tengami (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until ntil March 12
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.79 from until March 19
  • Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until March 26
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 until April 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Cooking Mama: Bon Appetit - €29.99 / £24.99
    Gardening Mama: Forest Friends - €29.99 / £24.99
    Best Of Casual Games - €24.99 / £19.99
    Hollywood Frame: Hidden Object Adventure - €24.99 / £19.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    OlliOlli - €9.99 / £7.99, introductory price €8.49 / £6.79 (cross-buy)
    Proun+ - €5.99 / £5.39, introductory price €4.99 / £4.50
    Music On: Electric Guitar - €1.99 / £1.89
    League of Heroes - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - €8.49 / £6.79 until March 19
    Proun (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.50 until March 19

NA update (week of March 5):

quote:

WII U eSHOP GAMES
    Mario vs. DK: Tipping Stars - $19.99 (cross-buy)
    OlliOlli - $9.99, introductory price $8.49 (cross-buy)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Sky Kid (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Tengami (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until March 19
    Toon Tanks (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until March 12
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - $8.49 until March 19
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - $7.49 until April 1
    PING 1.5+ (Wii U eShop) - $2.99 until April 2

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Best of Casual Games - $24.99
    Hollywood Fame: Hidden Object Adventure - $24.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Mario vs. DK: Tipping Stars - $19.99 (cross-buy)
    OlliOlli - $9.99, introductory price $8.49 (cross-buy)
    Proun+ - $6.99, introductory price $5.99
    Zombie Incident - $1.99
    Azure Striker Gunvolt (version 1.2 update and free demo)
3DS MENU THEMES
    Kirby: Craft-Paper Party - $1.99
    Kirby: Sweet Gourmet Race - $1.99
    Kirby: Stripes and a Smile - $1.99
    Azure Striker Gunvolt: Sumeragi 7 - $1.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - $19.99 until March 9
    Disney Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay (3DS) - $19.99 until March 9
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - $8.49 until March 19
    Proun+ (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until March 19
    Space Lift Danger Panic! (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until March 20
    Aeternoblade (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until March 27
    Darts Up 3D (3DS eShop) - $1.49 until April 3
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

Mario vs. DK's "cross-buy" works by giving you a free code for the 3DS version if you buy the Wii U version or vice-versa. As far as I know, you're free to give the other code away or do something else with it if you can't or don't want to redeem it yourself.

OlliOlli's cross-buy sounds like an actual cross-buy that requires a NNID linked to both Wii U and 3DS, but it may just be another workaround with free codes, I dunno.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sad to see Cooking Mama going down the Senran Kagura route

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

New Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call DLC!!

Available Today:

Battle Music Sequence (BMS)

· “Assault” (FINAL FANTASY X)

· “Apoplexy” (FINAL FANTASY TACTICS)

· “Beat Them Up!” (Romancing SaGa)

· “Battle with Magus” (CHRONO TRIGGER) :fap:

· “Hills of Radiant Winds” (NieR Replicant & NieR Gestalt)

Field Music Sequence (FMS)

· “Into the Thick of It” (SECRET OF MANA)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Help Im Alive posted:

That's going to make her first appearance in Smash a bit wierd.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wow, all of those look great!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Supercar Gautier posted:

Boxboy looks exactly like a western indie flash game, and yet it is not.

If you had told me it was yet another low-effort minimal graphics retro-alike Western indie sidescroller I would have believed you. I'm not sure where a respectable company is getting off by releasing such a game.

Edit: Maybe it's good but as a matter of policy I don't buy these games at all and I'm getting tired of seeing them. Ignoring them saves me a lot of effort sifting through hordes of garbage and if such a game turns out to be good like Shovel Knight I can buy it after it has been out long enough for other people to tell me if it's worth buying.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 5, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I watched some Japanese guy play boxboy on twitch a couple months ago, it looked pretty fun, with a cool central mechanic.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Definitely buying OlliOlli after playing the second one on PS4 for the past few days. The cross buy certainly makes it more worthwhile.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Help Im Alive posted:

Oh god, I had no idea what you meant at first and the first scenario that popped into mind was just the worst.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That Mario vs. DK game just makes me sad that we'll never get another DK 94 because the series is basically Mario Lemmings now. It's cool of Nintendo to embrace cross-buy to a degree though. Little steps!

Also every time I think I'm done buying Theatrhythm DLC they put up another Chrono Trigger song. If they just slowly put up the entire OST of that game in stage form they'll get $1 times number of songs from me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

13/f/cali posted:

That Mario vs. DK game just makes me sad that we'll never get another DK 94 because the series is basically Mario Lemmings now.

Oh man yeah. The last one they released that was actually a neat puzzle platformer was Mario Vs. Donkey Kong on the GBA. The game was ugly as sin but controlled nicely.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Every Mario vs DK game has a completely different mechanic which is at least somewhat novel. This one looks pretty fun from the videos I've seen.

Mario wouldn't fight Donkey Kong anymore though, they're friends.

I want a Mario vs. Donkey Kong game where Donkey Kong fights Bowser using DKC mechanics and Mario fights through DK Island vs whoever the villain is now using NSMB mechanics

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

greatn posted:

I want a Mario vs. Donkey Kong game where Donkey Kong fights Bowser using DKC mechanics and Mario fights through DK Island vs whoever the villain is now using NSMB mechanics

That's how I always pictured a Mario vs Sonic crossover, but a Mario vs DK version of that would make more sense and probably be much better in terms of execution.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wanna see that but with Kirby and Mega Man.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Quick question about Club Nintendo: I just bought Azure Strike Gunvolt - will I get a code for that? I'm 15 coins away from platinum. Followup question if the answer is no: can I bum a code off one of you? I'll pay. DM me if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Quick question about Club Nintendo: I just bought Azure Strike Gunvolt - will I get a code for that? I'm 15 coins away from platinum. Followup question if the answer is no: can I bum a code off one of you? I'll pay. DM me if so.

Yep. You should get 20 points for that, plus 10 for a post-play survey in 7 days.
https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do