Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

We should set gaming nights or something. I'd love to play with all of you guys.

Set up a Steam group for the highest level of coordination between goons. The group chat can be used to refine and discuss deck ideas, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendlyNeurotoxin
Sep 14, 2011

Super High-school Level Slacker
I've been playing with friends again recently. Penguin decks are great fun, http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Nopenguin is an amazing thing indeed.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
What's the best way to duel online?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
well gently caress I guess I'm going to build a dragon deck on dueling network after my midterm tomorrow

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

What's the best way to duel online?

Devpro is the best hands-down.

http://ygopro.de/en/ - Best

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Too bad it is buggy as can be.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Xoidanor posted:

Cool. I made an account on there as flaps. You can add me if you want to duel.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm messing around with an anti special summon deck right now and its pretty fun since a lot of archetypes are based around special summoning.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

forbidden lesbian posted:

Bees these monsters are so you it hurts. Look at the pictures Bees LOOK AT THEM

How often do they actually ban stuff?

The new banlist is released every three months.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Is devpro the one with a team working on it or the one that's just one dude that breaks it everytime he tries to update it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There are no less than 4 *pro programs.
What the hell? which one is best?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

There's one with regular updates and bugfixes.
That one is the best.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

Is devpro the one with a team working on it or the one that's just one dude that breaks it everytime he tries to update it.

The latter.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
What's the name of the good one then? I just want to yu-gi some ohs

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Also are Exodia decks still a thing. The first time I ever played Yu-Gi-Oh in a tournament when i was like seven or eight some twenty-thirty year old used an Exodia deck and beat me in like two turns and that was the last time I ever played Yu-Gi-Oh in a tournament.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

What's the name of the good one then? I just want to yu-gi some ohs

http://www.ygopro.co/

Also are Exodia decks still a thing. The first time I ever played Yu-Gi-Oh in a tournament when i was like seven or eight some twenty-thirty year old used an Exodia deck and beat me in like two turns and that was the last time I ever played Yu-Gi-Oh in a tournament.

1x Right Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Left Arm of the Forbidden One
1x Right Leg of the Forbidden One
1x Right Leg of the Forbidden One
1x Exodia the Forbidden One
3x Swift Scarecrow
1x Battle Fader
3x Upstart Goblin
3x Pot of Duality
1x One Day of Peace
3x Gift Card
3x Waboku
3x Threatening Roar
3x Jar of Greed
3x Legacy of Yata-Garasu
3x Accumulated Fortune
3x Hope for Escape
3x Reckless Greed

Slur fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 4, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Only in casual play. They tend to win in game one then get wrecked in game two and three.

(Don't ever play Exodia.)

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

So this is the one to use if you want to play online, not Devpro?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
My opponents draw through half their deck in a turn and then shuffle their graveyard back into their deck and summon 3 monsters, but they can't get past this card:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

My opponents draw through half their deck in a turn and then shuffle their graveyard back into their deck and summon 3 monsters, but they can't get past this card:

This and Vanity's seems like the ultimate rear end in a top hat deck. I kinda want to play it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ojama's is the actual rear end in a top hat deck

duston is cool too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Vanity is a great card to gently caress over the entire meta until you fight a Yosenju deck and all of the monsters count as normal summons so that whole deck runs a train on it for free.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Agent Rush posted:

DevPro is maintained by a team of people, not just one. YGOPro is the one maintained by just one guy who refuses to tell when things will be updated or not and it breaks every time he tries to update it so it just takes longer.

DevPro doesn't break due to coding. It breaks because every time there's an update, TONS of people try to log in and it crashes the servers.

Also, DevPro is the program you want if you want to play online. YGOPro lets you play offline but you will have to wait for updates to banlists and card sets.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Agent Rush posted:

Bingo.

ThermoPhysical posted:

DevPro is maintained by a team of people, not just one. YGOPro is the one maintained by just one guy who refuses to tell when things will be updated or not and it breaks every time he tries to update it so it just takes longer.

DevPro doesn't break due to coding. It breaks because every time there's an update, TONS of people try to log in and it crashes the servers.

Also, DevPro is the program you want if you want to play online. YGOPro lets you play offline but you will have to wait for updates to banlists and card sets.

Even if this is the case, devpro seems to bug up quite frequently. For example, registering an account on devpro is an impossibility for me; clicking on the register button doesn't actually do anything.

Slur fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 5, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Is Arc-V an alright starting point for someone who hasnt seen much since battle city?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Is Arc-V an alright starting point for someone who hasnt seen much since battle city?

Arc-V is alright for everything because Arc-V is amazing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

ojama's is the actual rear end in a top hat deck

duston is cool too

Ojamas can actually summon First of the Dragons pretty easily!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Slur posted:

Even if this is the case, devpro seems to bug up quite frequently. For example, registering an account on devpro is an impossibility for me; clicking on the register button doesn't actually do anything.

It is the case, it's one of YGOPro's biggest issues is the updates. It broke for NECH and only about 10 cards were available to use when the dev claimed all were accessible. He refused to listen to reason when people told him otherwise and made people wait until about December 20th to have a fix. NECH launched in the TCG in Nov 2014.

As for your issue, it should pop up a little screen asking your username, password, etc. Have you tried to redownload it? I had this issue once and just had to redownload.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

This and Vanity's seems like the ultimate rear end in a top hat deck. I kinda want to play it.

tell me Bees, having looked at all one billion cards in yu-gi-oh, which cards are the most Lain?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arc-V does a pretty good job of incorporating everything that's changed about the game since the first series, so yeah.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

tell me Bees, having looked at all one billion cards in yu-gi-oh, which cards are the most Lain?

I will let you know in a few days.
Also there are fewer cards than you had posts in GBS so I think I'll be fine.

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 5, 2015

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I'm going to duel Bees and Livingtrope.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

It is the case, it's one of YGOPro's biggest issues is the updates. It broke for NECH and only about 10 cards were available to use when the dev claimed all were accessible. He refused to listen to reason when people told him otherwise and made people wait until about December 20th to have a fix. NECH launched in the TCG in Nov 2014.

As for your issue, it should pop up a little screen asking your username, password, etc. Have you tried to redownload it? I had this issue once and just had to redownload.

It did pop up that screen. When I ultimately hit the register button, it greyed out, and nothing happened. When I closed out of that registration window and tried registering again, it said "error connecting to server".

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Slur posted:

It did pop up that screen. When I ultimately hit the register button, it greyed out, and nothing happened. When I closed out of that registration window and tried registering again, it said "error connecting to server".

Hm.. how long ago was it? Have you tried it since then? I just tried and it seems to work ok now.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

Hm.. how long ago was it? Have you tried it since then? I just tried and it seems to work ok now.

Tried 6 months ago, didn't work. Tried today, didn't work.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did you try running it as admin

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I will let you know in a few days.
Also there are fewer cards than you had posts in GBS so I think I'll be fine.

wtf youre not allowed to own me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bees gets a gold star for that own.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

did you try running it as admin

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

What are these butterspy cards I keep on seeing.

They're a rank 4 spam deck. They're pretty fun, they can manipulate card positions and attack points, but I wish they were Insects and not Warriors. There's too many drat Warriors in the game.