Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Awesome! posted:

i want to try the glued game holder lifehack but i want to practice gluing first. any suggestions?

OK, first you gotta pour glue directly into your eyes. This is a very important first step. You skip this part, you might as well just give up. OK, then you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is turning it off bad? I don't mind leaving it on all the time, but the only device I leave on 24/7 is my phone. Everything else I turn off when not using.

It's like getting a shot. It'll hurt when it goes in deep into your veins, but once it's in there, it's a smooth sail. Now, you could get multiple shots, or just let the needle idle in your arm.

Please disregard the possibility of infection.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ouugghhh yeahh folks it's FatSystem here

DS Fat.

I love that warning, though. "Do not dispose of in fire," because that's how I usually dispose of my garbage--just mindlessly dumping it all into a fire pit.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Theta Zero posted:

DS Fat.

I love that warning, though. "Do not dispose of in fire," because that's how I usually dispose of my garbage--just mindlessly dumping it all into a fire pit.

I think this goes back to how people use to dispose of camera film, batteries, and something else. It's all before common sense became a thing.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Red Robin Hood posted:

Turtlicious did you turn off your 3DS while you glued the cartridge holders to your lid?

:chord:
No, though I got a little glue in the hinges and now it creaks kinda.

Awesome! posted:

i want to try the glued game holder lifehack but i want to practice gluing first. any suggestions?

try squeezing out hairgel onto a piece of paper, if you get any oon your fingers, you're not ready.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

noirstronaut posted:

It's like getting a shot. It'll hurt when it goes in deep into your veins, but once it's in there, it's a smooth sail. Now, you could get multiple shots, or just let the needle idle in your arm.

Please disregard the possibility of infection.

Ok. I'll leave it on. For you.

Turning it on now.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

try squeezing out hairgel onto a piece of paper, if your girlfriend interrupts you, you're not ready.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

Ok. I'll leave it on. For you.

Turning it on now.

The better question is why turn it off?

Turtlicious posted:

try squeezing out hairgel onto a piece of paper, if your girlfriend interrupts you, you're not ready.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
SNES Link to the Past is the better one while the DS Chrono Trigger is the better one of that, right?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

noirstronaut posted:

SNES Link to the Past is the better one while the DS Chrono Trigger is the better one of that, right?

I can say Yes on Chrono Trigger. Not sure about LttP

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

SNES LTTP does not have Hyaah! ahh! hahh! Hyaah! so yes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Volt Catfish posted:

SNES LTTP does not have Hyaah! ahh! hahh! Hyaah! so yes.

GBA LTTP doesn't have pink hair, so that's another thing the SNES version has over it.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Does this mean GBA and SNES games are finally coming to the 3DS VC?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Does this mean GBA and SNES games are finally coming to the 3DS VC?

GBA games are a very soft maybe on the n3DS, but SNES games straight-up aren't happening due to the difference between the 3DS screen size and SNES display resolution.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Red Robin Hood posted:

The better question is why turn it off?

Electronics tend to last longer with fewer problems if you shut them off when not in use.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Yeah, I have them running through a DSTWP and they either cut off way too much or look horrible. There's no middle ground. Only some games can bypass this (Earthbound is one) but games like All-Stars need to be in some weird squished mode and without it, you can't see the ground.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Electronics tend to last longer with fewer problems if you shut them off when not in use.

This is funny because the 3DS is the first product I've ever owned that basically scolds you for trying to turn it off

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah, I have them running through a DSTWP and they either cut off way too much or look horrible. There's no middle ground. Only some games can bypass this (Earthbound is one) but games like All-Stars need to be in some weird squished mode and without it, you can't see the ground.

So it works! Glad you had better luck with it than I did.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Neddy Seagoon posted:

GBA games are a very soft maybe on the n3DS, but SNES games straight-up aren't happening due to the difference between the 3DS screen size and SNES display resolution.

loving Nintendo

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

This is funny because the 3DS is the first product I've ever owned that basically scolds you for trying to turn it off

So it works! Glad you had better luck with it than I did.

Was *just* about to PM you. Thanks again!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Then you won't get them sweet sweet streetpasses

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Didn't even need superglue. :smug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silver95280 posted:

Oh drat, I've seen that thing on some store shelves gathering dust. Does it actually work at all?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh drat, I've seen that thing on some store shelves gathering dust. Does it actually work at all?

No don't you dare

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

the GBA port had an extra dungeon and you could learn the crazy spin attack if you finished four swords I think

Neddy Seagoon posted:

SNES games fit just fine, 3DS screen is 240 tall, and SNES was 224. I know the SNES had a higher resolution mode, but barely any games made any significant use of it.
I kinda hope the reason it's not happening is because instead they're going to give just a few SNES games the 3D CLASSICS treatment

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Technically, yes. It loses the connection if you jostle it even a little, so you're restricted to setting the 3DS on a table and using the stylus.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Silver95280 posted:

I'm more surprised you're rocking the original model.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Silver95280 posted:

Get this working with a circle pad pro attached. Then we'll talk.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Silver95280 posted:

Technically, yes. It loses the connection if you jostle it even a little, so you're restricted to setting the 3DS on a table and using the stylus.

Get your girlfriend to help you super glue it! :eng101:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Step 1: get a girlfriend

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the truth posted:

Step 1: get a girlfriend

goons practicing screwing

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm going to get 6 more cases so I can hold all of the good nds games, you'll all see my genius soon.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Turtlicious posted:

i'm going to get 6 more cases so I can hold all of the good nds games, you'll all see my genius soon.

This is very tired and played out now, but I'm not surprised since you probably draw inspiration from John Cena's 10 year career of the same exact thing. :boom:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Turtlicious posted:

Its more then six so I can't wait to see this. Is it going to look like Black Widows needle arm things?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Turtlicious posted:

Please glue to forehead and give us a trip report.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Attach them to a shirt or coat, make yourself look like a 90s Liefeld comicbook character

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
What's a good nickname for Totodile

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

noirstronaut posted:

What's a good nickname for Totodile

Chocodile.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012