Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I would happily watch 100 Ascension matches over one Davey Richards match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Condolences.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Most Ascension matches are pretty short.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've always liked that WWE's head trainer that abuses people for not being in shape and preaches the importance of having strong cardio or whatever is a fat sack of poo poo that couldn't run the ropes for 30 seconds without keeling over and dying

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Court Bauer's sanitized explanation to Steve Austin on what the Talking Shop podcast is about was quite adorable :3:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Court Bauer's sanitized explanation to Steve Austin on what the Talking Shop podcast is about was quite adorable :3:

Stone Cold is going to listen and schedule an appointment with a neurologist because he doesn't remember going to Japan, but there is now way that isn't him shooting the poo poo with the good brothers

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
hell yeah man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Stone Cold is going to listen and schedule an appointment with a neurologist because he doesn't remember going to Japan, but there is now way that isn't him shooting the poo poo with the good brothers

Austin: It has to be me, nobody else knows about the ewoks on my property!

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

you have bad taste

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Most Ascension matches are pretty short.

Davey Richards is pretty short too heyyoooo

and he's a good wrestler and I don't really care if he's a giant rear end in a top hat because every good wrestler ever is a giant loving rear end in a top hat and we just have to accept that

however 'american wolves' and the outfits they wear are Ascension level bad

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
100 Ascension matches and one Davey Richards match are about the same length so it's a coinflip.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CVagts posted:

100 Ascension matches and one Davey Richards match are about the same length so it's a coinflip.

but what about that ascension vs davey richards match... this team of Ascension doesn't even have 50 televised matches so you'd have to watch one Davey Richards match to watch 100 Ascension matches

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 4, 2015

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

but what about that ascension vs davey richards match... this team of Ascension doesn't even have 50 televised matches so you'd have to watch one Davey Richards match to watch 100 Ascension matches

Watch 10 ascension matches 10 times each or 20 five times each

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"What's a rom com?"

"People really use the term rom com?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Guys, I'm not sure this Nick Patrick is that good of a ref.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

WadeBartender posted:

Watch 10 ascension matches 10 times each or 20 five times each

I was told there would be no math

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ch3cooh posted:

I was told there would be no math

Well an ascension match is really 1/2 of a regular match, so you're watching 5 ascension matches so you have to watch 20 of them to watch 10 of them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

it took me a little while to come around on it, but now I could seriously listen to Talkin Shop all day

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I thought Bryan was very annoying on the Raw review

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

quote:

If [ Tyson ] just shows up as a special guest to do a ref bit or a skit, unless he'll come in for a bargain price, his name isn't going to mean that much involved with pro wrestling to be worth millions on a PPV, and it'll tarnish his image at a time where his p.r. people need to do everything to remove the tarnish he's already put on it and give WWF a lot of negative publicity in the process.

Can't win 'em all, Dave

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

Can't win 'em all, Dave

I liked how before that he was talking about Shamrock vs Tyson.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Davey Richards is pretty short too heyyoooo

and he's a good wrestler and I don't really care if he's a giant rear end in a top hat because every good wrestler ever is a giant loving rear end in a top hat and we just have to accept that

however 'american wolves' and the outfits they wear are Ascension level bad

Davey's very prone to start doing moves for the sake of doing moves. In some contexts that's cool because the match's story facilitates that(top this or stay down). His later matches with Eddie Edwards were duds because there wasn't any connecting theme or escalation to the moves they were doing on each other.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

coconono posted:

Davey's very prone to start doing moves for the sake of doing moves. In some contexts that's cool because the match's story facilitates that(top this or stay down). His later matches with Eddie Edwards were duds because there wasn't any connecting theme or escalation to the moves they were doing on each other.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If Roman Reigns sucks for only knowing five moves then Davey Richards is the best wrestler in the world because he knows the most moves

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The logic checks out.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

I loving LOVE this spot, by the way.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

This owns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love it because it's maybe the stupidest spot I've seen in my life

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
THIS IS WRESTLING *clap clap clapclapclap*

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm listening to Unforgiven 99 and I'm loving how shocked the AE Podcast guys are at all the Y 2 GAY signs.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Why on earth would wrestling fans voice their displeasure of the show by chanting the name of the guy who walked out, sued WWE, and publicly embarrassed them on a podcast? This BAFFLES me!

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Grant DaNasty posted:

Why on earth would wrestling fans voice their displeasure of the show by chanting the name of the guy who walked out, sued WWE, and publicly embarrassed them on a podcast? This BAFFLES me!

Cause it's going to really get HHH and Vince all upset! WE WIN!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Did the Jim Ross podcast with Terry Funk just abruptly cut off at the 50 minute mark? I redownloaded it a couple of times thinking maybe my download got cut off or something but it just stops in mid-line just as the conversation is getting good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Did the Jim Ross podcast with Terry Funk just abruptly cut off at the 50 minute mark? I redownloaded it a couple of times thinking maybe my download got cut off or something but it just stops in mid-line just as the conversation is getting good.

yeah it did that to me too. I was ok with it.

JR's intros are starting to get into performance art of laughably bad. Plus he's shilling Wrestlemania harder than anyone else on the WWE payroll.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Episode 82 of the Wrestlehut Pisscast. Raw, ROH, Nxt allegations, Led Zeppelin, questions, and so on.

http://pisscast.blogspot.com/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jx15z54v5tmfi3t/082+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3
Download it on iTunes/RSS thingys
Here is a video of Brian Cage

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Howling Man posted:

Cause it's going to really get HHH and Vince all upset! WE WIN!

Yeah, Bryan's said some dumb things, but at this stage, chanting for Punk is at best fruitless, and at worst kind of insulting (mainly when they chant it for AJ).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Attitude Era podcast is really, really good. I'm glad I started listening to it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I see that newjapan working that strong style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

JoshVanValkenburg posted: