Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Tanks is heavily, heavily CPU dependent. An upgrade to your CPU will do substantially more than a graphics card update will.

I had an R9 290 with an i7 920...barely hit mid 40fps most of the time. Then I got an i5 4690? Now I'm looking at 60fps all of the time, period, at the same resolution.

This is true, but I'm pretty sure that if his desktop runs at 1920x1080 and his laptop is 1366x768 then having half the pixels to create miiiight just help out a bit. If they're both 1920x1080 though then that goes out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The pixels don't matter at all. Even if you played on a 256 colour 360p mobile phone display, you'd need a 4GHz Intel Core that runs the physics and god knows what WoT does with the CPU cycles.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Hellsau posted:

Mind sponsoring some other goon for the 12 step program?

1)Find someone that is interested in getting into World of Tanks quickly
2) discuss things
3) do some other stuff that could possibly involve paypal
4)literally profit
5) Congrats you have quit tanks

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
How does one value a WoT account anyway?

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Agrajag posted:

How does one value a WoT account anyway?

Hypothetically speaking, IF i were to sell an account it would go like this in order of importance:
1) Rare, unique, valuable tanks (type 59? cw rewards tanks)
2) Tier Tens and the crews involved (less important various other tanks)
3) Stats (this depends on the buyer some don't care or know about them)
4) Gold on account
5) Credits on account
6)Free XP on account
7) have they just done a major update (ie is interest in the game higher than normal)

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

1)Find someone that is interested in getting into World of Tanks quickly
2) discuss things
3) do some other stuff that could possibly involve paypal
4)literally profit
5) Congrats you have quit tanks

Hypothetically speaking, IF i were to sell an account it would go like this in order of importance:
4) Gold on account
5) Credits on account
6)Free XP on account
7) have they just done a major update (ie is interest in the game higher than normal)

loving Sepp Blatters ruining this game

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Buy My Tanks Guy

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

i7 4th gen, 8 GB ram, 860m vidya card, slowbie (7200) 1T HD. 1300 with 2 yr warranty

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Hypothetically, IF one were to try to find someone to hypothetically sell their account to for "$texas", where would one hypothetically look or go?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

4) Gold on account
5) Credits on account
6)Free XP on account

1) All CW rewards, B2, KV-220, KV-5, and every normal premium except the Lowe, 112, and T-34-3.
2) At least a three skill crew for each nation, plus like fifteen tier tens.
3) Stat padded account so when you play like poo poo, everyone thinks you're just a bad stat padder instead of an account buyer.
4) 2500 gold (probably need to do more skirmishes)
5) 7 million credits (thank you missions!)
6) 150k converted free xp, 1.3 million convertible.
7) there hasn't been a major update in like a year and a half.

I would never sell my account because that's against the ToS, but if I were to sell it please give me one million dollars thanks.

e: do world of warplanes stats or premium planes add or detract from the value of the account?

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
http://www.playerup.com/accounts/worldoftanksaccounts/

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Did you hit their base at the start of the match or something? Goddamn.
Oh, that's not from my clan's battle or anything, I just came across that .gif elsewhere. I don't know anything about it except that it looks loving scary.

That looks like the southern ramp up the hill in Mines though, maybe they were trying to rush up the hill and got caught with their pants down? Who knows, :pubbies:.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Saint Celestine posted:

Hypothetically, IF one were to try to find someone to hypothetically sell their account to for "$texas", where would one hypothetically look or go?

Just googling found epicnpc and playerauctions. Also, I heard that Chinese people are very eager to buy accounts to flip to their Chinese friends, probably just a rumor though.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
EU sure likes selling their accounts.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
The chinese account-buyers thing makes no sense, as they have a different company that owns rights to World of Tanks over there, with a totally isolated ecosystem.

But uh.. if you want a pimped out tanks account, SA mart may be worth a shot. I see LoL accounts and such being sold there, so you never know what might turn up ;)

lDDQD fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 5, 2015

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

lDDQD posted:

The chinese account-buyers thing makes no sense, as they have a different company that owns rights to World of Tanks over there, with a totally isolated ecosystem.

But uh.. if you want a pimped out tanks account, SA mart may be worth a shot. I see LoL accounts and such being sold there, so you never know what might turn up ;)

Ya ALL chinese players play on the chinese server only, the rumours I heard must not be true. All I know is my paypal balance is much higher than it was yesterday.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I hate to admit it but I think I have to say I like the Comet. Even without the top tier gun it performs rather well. I still don't care what anyone says about the Cromwell, I hate it.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 5, 2015

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Agrajag posted:

I hate to admit it but I think I have to say I like the Comet. Even without the top tier gun it performs rather well. I still don't care what anyone says about the Cromwell, I hate it.

They're more different than they first appear, yeah. I like both, but not for the same reasons.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Valle posted:

Let's see here, your team did 9758 damage. Enemy team did 9444 damage. You have 1 tank left, a TD at that, and they have a medium and a heavy. Any idea what the remaining player's HP were? Because unless your SU was full and the enemy tanks nearly dead you got screwed over.
We were both halfway the map on Windstorm, doubling up on a T29 in the city near the southmost bridge, when the enemy started capping. A T-34 and the two surviving enemies. I dutifully headed back and got there just in time to find all three of them relatively undamaged. I killed the T-34 to reset the cap and got the IS down to about half his health before dying. The full health SU on my team, meanwhile, went in the opposite direction to take out I think one of their remaining arty pieces and cap. So yeah, that's how it ended. I sat back, typed 'Well, I did all I could do.' and gritted my teeth when the SU typed back 'np'

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

I bought this laptop

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232122

It was only $1033 when I got it though.

Valle posted:

Running the same resolution on both?

Yep! My desktop only has a stock i5 2500k though. Not sure what this thing can reach.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
So is selling accounts a thing yet?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bob A Feet posted:

So is selling accounts a thing yet?

I'll trade you a Mox Ruby on Magic the Gathering Online for your account. Also to spare you from ever playing World of Tanks again.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=mox+ruby

lol wtf

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have such Tank ADD when it comes to picking a line and grinding it god damnit.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

primelaw posted:

I bought this laptop

Yep! My desktop only has a stock i5 2500k though. Not sure what this thing can reach.

OC'ed, an i5 2500k is a very powerful cpu even by modern standards.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

It's basically the Type 59 except 22 years old and only a few thousand available. Also I would like to point out I specified Magic Online because A) I have a Mox Ruby there, B) it's much cheaper, and C) Magic Online is also an incredibly lovely game due to incompetent programmers and a toxic playerbase.

BadLlama posted:

I have such Tank ADD when it comes to picking a line and grinding it god damnit.

As long as you have enough OCD to grind more Sixth Sense crews, good. Having a wide variety of crews is vastly important when you get over ten thousand battles because starting a new crew when you're used to four skill crews is a goddamn nightmare.

Thank god for female crews!

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 5, 2015

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I played a bit back around 8th Edition. The concept of paying money for an online item seemed silly to me, and the fact that the game wouldn't let you enter your own password (pregenerated 8 character alphanumeric, did you dig a legacy *NIX system out of the dumpster?) made it really annoying to use.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is that artillery strike instant, like with no lag? Does it also disregard terrain? That's insanely broken.

Also, has there ever been explicit information that the new French tanks come off the 13 90? I've been doing my doubles in mine for a couple of weeks now and it just isn't the same at tier 8 as it was at tier 7.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Play Hex. It is cheaper, and they are getting sued by Hasbro, so they must be doing something right!

And the KV-220 is still a mystery to pubbies. Special thanks to the Marder that was on the hill sniping and let me shoot him once in the rear end and then ram him at full speed to complete that lovely mission.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Valle posted:

This is true, but I'm pretty sure that if his desktop runs at 1920x1080 and his laptop is 1366x768 then having half the pixels to create miiiight just help out a bit. If they're both 1920x1080 though then that goes out the window.

Your basis is gpu load, so no. This isn't complicated.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I have a very modestly overclocked 4670K paired with an OCd 660 Ti, and the FPS is literally all over the place. Most of the time it's 60+ but then I turn a corner and it's 45 and then I swing the camera to look at another player and it's 170.

At least it doesn't fluctuate as much as ping and packet loss does!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

AlmightyPants posted:

Is that artillery strike instant, like with no lag? Does it also disregard terrain? That's insanely broken.

Also, has there ever been explicit information that the new French tanks come off the 13 90? I've been doing my doubles in mine for a couple of weeks now and it just isn't the same at tier 8 as it was at tier 7.

The site that shall not be named had some screen shots of the tree branching off at the 1390.

it's FTR

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Oh I should point out that I get lower FPS in Magic Online than in World of Tanks and I have to restart after a couple hours due to memory leaks.

I play bad games, but even I don't play Warplanes. Hopefully they kill WoWP and give me gold for my premium planes.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't played MTG in many years what sort of kings fortune are Black Lotuses going for these days.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

The site that shall not be named had some screen shots of the tree branching off at the 1390.

it's FTR

Oh, I guess that's where the new low tier Frenchies go.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Well, time to start grinding on the AMX 13 90 again... AWESOME!

srb
Jul 24, 2007
There are worse fates.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

AlmightyPants posted:

I do enjoy how the AMX 40 still leads to the ELC.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

AlmightyPants posted:

I don't understand why they can't just have a whole new branch leading to them. The sensible thing would be to yank the horrible Lorraine 40t out of its position, replace it with a tank that actually makes thematic and gameplay sense in the AMX 13 105, find a tier 6 and 7 to connect the Lorraine G1L and the now tier 8 Lorraine 40t, and stick the GIAT AMX 30s on the end. Problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Is free xping all the way past the 13 75 a reasonable thing to do? If I had to free xp one which would you do the 13 75 or the lorraine?

Maybe skip the 13 75 just because that would be less free xp? But both are playable, just not the highlights of that line. The 13 75 is an improved AMX 12, except a tier higher without a gun upgrade. (A better gun would make it competitive.) The Lorraine is this huge paper box that doesn't really fit the rest of the line, but at least it has a functional gun. Just don't get shot in it!

Valle posted:

Going all Atomizer!

:neckbeard:

Valle posted:

I don 't really get that argument though. I mean, every loving tank is supposedly balanced to fit the tier it's put in. This is clearly what WG believes, as they buff/nerf tanks, so how can they use this as an argument against tightening the matchmaker further?

I don't really care what they do with the MM tiers; +/-1 might be a little boring, and I don't mind playing support tanks as bottom tier. It would just be nice if some of the worse tanks had better MM.

4) Gold on account
5) Credits on account
6)Free XP on account

A little part of me dies at the thought of some shitter buying his way into an account with unicum stats.

How would you manage the game account being attached to your e-mail account (unless you signed up with a single-purpose account that you would also be relinquishing control of)?

Ya ALL chinese players play on the chinese server only, the rumours I heard must not be true. All I know is my paypal balance is much higher than it was yesterday.

How much higher? :)

And I suppose this means you won't be able to play Blitz with the same account, so we should unfriend you there?

The Southern Dandy posted:

i7 4th gen, 8 GB ram, 860m vidya card, slowbie (7200) 1T HD. 1300 with 2 yr warranty

That 860M appears to be in a lot of gaming systems now, and it seems pretty powerful; how do you like the performance so far? (I've got an older 2x650M SLI laptop that works quite well.)

primelaw posted:

I bought this laptop

Nice, another 860M. I really like how there's some very decent gaming laptops out there right around $1k. (Mine is a Lenovo Y500.)

NTRabbit posted:

I don't understand why they can't just have a whole new branch leading to them. The sensible thing would be to yank the horrible Lorraine 40t out of its position, replace it with a tank that actually makes thematic and gameplay sense in the AMX 13 105, find a tier 6 and 7 to connect the Lorraine G1L and the now tier 8 Lorraine 40t, and stick the GIAT AMX 30s on the end. Problem solved.

Wargaming doesn't "make sense," they make terrible decisions.