Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Gorilla Salad posted:

I wouldn't even know where to buy a cylindrical mower. But in a dry climate, I'm really curious now as to how big a difference it makes.

Think of it as the difference between cutting something with a sharp pair of scissors vs swinging a fairly dull blade at something. One will cut it cleanly, the other tears at the point of impact.

I used a push reel mower for the first two years I lived at my house, the grass was visibly healthier compared with using a traditional gas-powered mower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Straights
Aug 7, 2010
Some light yet educational reading.

DaRealAce
Dec 27, 2004
Touch It.. No I dont want to... TOUCH IT!

88h88 posted:

2/3 off for a super big bean bag chair? Yes please. Weird plastic looking lady not included.

Link?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dire Straights posted:

Some light yet educational reading.

Which question has no answer?

(Is it this one?)

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Geoj posted:

Think of it as the difference between cutting something with a sharp pair of scissors vs swinging a fairly dull blade at something. One will cut it cleanly, the other tears at the point of impact.

I used a push reel mower for the first two years I lived at my house, the grass was visibly healthier compared with using a traditional gas-powered mower.

Does SA have a grass mowing thread? Genuinely curious to learn more.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Etrips posted:

Does SA have a grass mowing thread? Genuinely curious to learn more.

FWIW, my grass never looked better than when I used the Fiskars reel mower. Unfortunately, my yard was just too large and my grass grew too quickly (drat healthy beautiful grass!) to keep up with it and it became too unmanageable to cut 2-3 times a week. Was a reel (pun intended) pleasure to use!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

UK store, you get £10 your first order too... http://www.made.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=piggy+bag

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Moved 3 states and bought a buncha poo poo. It's like Christmas.

Some TPBs to reread these events before the movies

and a lot of furniture

the right side opens for storage and a full cushion folds out on the left to make a bed

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Henchman 21 posted:

A couple new usb and lightning cables for me and the missus. (The Usb make such a satisfying snap when you push them into your phone)

Thanks for this, I picked up a three pack today and the firm connection is just what the USB port on my aging GS3 needed.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Sappo569 posted:

She probably should just get electrolysis

:golfclap:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Snagged 2 of these bad boys off Newegg, less than $100 each after shipping :woop:

Crucial MX100 256GB SSD

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I really like the look of this chair. Where is it from?

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Side Effects posted:

I'm almost 100% sure Ikea sells it. Or used to.

rds
Nov 28, 2004

Ozz81 posted:

Snagged 2 of these bad boys off Newegg, less than $100 each after shipping :woop:

Crucial MX100 256GB SSD

Good god that's a steal for SSDs, especially if Crucial has cleaned up their act since the firmware snafu.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Bread Liar

Geoj posted:

Thanks. I did a little looking and the first things I found were that it's not all that useful on uneven lawns and sandy soil can dull the blades terribly. So that puts me right out, unfortunately.

They also seem to all be about four times the cost of a regular mower. drat shame, the results look incredible.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Gorilla Salad posted:

They also seem to all be about four times the cost of a regular mower. drat shame, the results look incredible.

That's because the only companies that manufacture powered reel mowers market them to golf courses and millionaires who want their lawn to look like a golf course.

The only reel mowers that fit into a working class budget tend to be push-powered.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Side Effects posted:

Don't buy a chair based on its looks. Sit in the fucker and decide if it is comfortable. Companies doe this all the time and it kills employees.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Grraarrgghh posted:

All the furniture in that post is from Ikea.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

rds posted:

Good god that's a steal for SSDs, especially if Crucial has cleaned up their act since the firmware snafu.

They haven't, there's a reason that drive is so cheap and that's because it's plagued with problems.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

the right side opens for storage and a full cushion folds out on the left to make a bed

I've been interested in picking this up for a while. Is it comfy?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
No. :(

The only thing that's ok to sit on in the entirety of ikea are a few of the chairs and the futons.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Bhodi posted:

No. :(

The only thing that's ok to sit on in the entirety of ikea are a few of the chairs and the futons.

I don't know. I have a Karlstad couch and find it pretty comfy.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My latex mattress from IKEA is pretty drat comfortable. It was also the most expensive one so maybe has something to do with it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SaltLick posted:

My latex mattress from IKEA is pretty drat comfortable. It was also the most expensive one so maybe has something to do with it.

Maybe you just need a diaper

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Grraarrgghh posted:

I figured it was based on the other stuff in the post but I didn't see it on the Ikea website.

JEEVES420 posted:

Don't buy a chair based on its looks. Sit in the fucker and decide if it is comfortable. Companies doe this all the time and it kills employees.

Don't worry, I was just asking where it was from so I could try it out for myself. I sit all day at work and the last thing I want to to buy is something for form over function. It looking nice is just a bonus.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
MB starwalker on AE - $15 with shipping

Looks amazing in person, perfect detail. Just hope the wallet I ordered looks as good.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

zapplez posted:

MB starwalker on AE - $15 with shipping

Looks amazing in person, perfect detail

Wait where did you get a $15 Starwalker? I had that same model (but the fineliner version) and lost it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

App13 posted:

I've been interested in picking this up for a while. Is it comfy?

Surprisingly so, if you like that style. My wife and I slept on it last night using the fold out while waiting for our foam mattress to decompress and it was fantastic. I put mine together in the reverse configuration as well, which is a nice option.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Surprisingly so, if you like that style. My wife and I slept on it last night using the fold out while waiting for our foam mattress to decompress and it was fantastic. I put mine together in the reverse configuration as well, which is a nice option.

What was the model name? Really tempted to make the 3 hour trip to ikea

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Wait where did you get a $15 Starwalker? I had that same model (but the fineliner version) and lost it.

Aliexpress man. Writes great, good durability. No typos. Def worth it for 15 bucks.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Side Effects posted:

IKEA Malkolm

App13 posted:

What was the model name? Really tempted to make the 3 hour trip to ikea

FRIHETEN. Bring a truck, it comes in three large boxes.
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50242997/

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Mar 5, 2015

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

IKEA Malkolm

FRIHETEN. Bring a truck, it comes in three large boxes.
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50242997/

Are we talking pickup truck or truck truck, because I have a pickup truck.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That'll do. The boxes were 5-6 ft long at the longest.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

App13 posted:

Are we talking pickup truck or truck truck, because I have a pickup truck.

I'd wager a pickup is more than enough. An IKEA flatpack sofa that can't easily fit in a Honda Civic should be ashamed of itself.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

tribbledirigible posted:

I'd wager a pickup is more than enough. An IKEA flatpack sofa that can't easily fit in a Honda Civic should be ashamed of itself.

Bottom Liner posted:

That'll do. The boxes were 5-6 ft long at the longest.

That won't fit in a Civic without a lot of effort/no passenger seat.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I was answering the question about the pickup, which was the post right before mine.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bottom Liner posted:

I was answering the question about the pickup, which was the post right before mine.

And I was responding to his comment about not fitting in a Civic should be ashamed. Maybe we were posting past each other.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Suddenly realized I'm out of shaving soap. Just a tiny sliver of a puck left.

So I got some Proraso Green (which I've wanted to try since forever), and a tub of Arko shave soap.

Added bonus:

Lookatit! It's got a face in the soap :haw:

I almost don't want to use it. The art deco style is really tickling my fancy here.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Crain posted:

Suddenly realized I'm out of shaving soap. Just a tiny sliver of a puck left.

So I got some Proraso Green (which I've wanted to try since forever), and a tub of Arko shave soap.

Added bonus:

I almost don't want to use it. The art deco style is really tickling my fancy here.

First thing this made me think of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hni4OIJXG4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Crain posted:

The face of a man who doesn't shave. That's some dumb marketing.