Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I think I'll buy an SSD in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

T1g4h posted:

Visibility is for scrubs.

The sign outside the restaurant makes me think of a scene from Smoke Signals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U04YUeikaj0

(People from my school are dis-proportionally likely to be fans of Smoke Signals because our Home Ec/Health teacher liked to show it.)

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I really need to get a spare key made for my car. I locked my only copy inside the car earlier and had to get the local pop-a-lock equivalent to open it up. He stuck some tube thing with a squeeze bulb on one end and a hook on the other in between the window and rubber seal. It only took him several seconds and $45 to get the car open. RIP money

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
QUIT making GBS threads ON MY SOCK DREAMS YOU DICKS.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Mid 50's and sunny in Seattle today. This has been the mildest winter in my memory. Pulled the starter from the M Coupe this morning and dropped it at the shop on the way to work, they suspect a worn drive clutch.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Mercedes is finally getting into the Goatse market...

From Jalopnik

edit: Image hosed on Imgur, the picture was originally from jalopnik.

Rabble fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 5, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My boss smoked me up on a J today after work so that was cool.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

quote:

Sock Chat

Snap-on socks. Not even joking.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Eddie Bauer socks are pretty good too. Last longer and a little thicker than gap/banana republic.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

jamal posted:

Eddie Bauer socks are pretty good too. Last longer and a little thicker than gap/banana republic.

Sock chat in AI. Sock chat in YLLS.

:wtf: is it with socks today???

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

jamal posted:

Hi-five desert boots buddy!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo it's happening. This is bizzare. At least it's not full-length. Only until end of July.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand single.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand single.

womp womp :(

Apparently GitHub had something to say about this:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand single.

Is it the strippers fault?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Adiabatic posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand single.

poo poo sucks, man.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Well I just finished this 40 question fire alarm test in under a minute and pissed off everyone.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
They just hired on another manager to our shop that has been loosing money and employees (voluntarily) at a pretty consistent rate over the last year.. We now have 4 managers, including the district manager, per 4 employees who are left at our shop. And the only experience with cars the new guy has is working at discount tire. Like thought an oil change service reminder light ment the car was out of oil today.

Im excited to see where they are going with this.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Tusen Takk posted:

womp womp :(

Apparently GitHub had something to say about this:

This was true before tonight :smith:

cursedshitbox posted:

Is it the strippers fault?

Haha naw man I ain't touchin that.

Sinestro posted:

poo poo sucks, man.

Appreciate the sentiments, but it was a mutual and pretty easy breakup, despite us going steady for like 3 years now. Sometimes no matter how much work you put in there's just not enough there. :unsmith:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I always want to come in here to bitch and moan about stuff, but there's always someone who has something more lovely to bitch and moan about, so I don't. Sorry Adiabatic :smith:

Two people right outside my office are sick, and I'm starting to feel a sore spot in my throat :argh:

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
e: oh maybe this is supposed to go in the stickied thread, beats me :shrug:

Highbrow Slick fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 5, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Well I just finished this 40 question fire alarm test in under a minute and pissed off everyone.

I had midterms today, finished the Statics test in half an hour, Physics 2 in just over an hour.

Was the first person done both times. And god drat I get super self conscious about that poo poo.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Watching Paul McCartney jam with the dudes from Nirvana on Palladia right now. loving SICK.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Watching Paul McCartney jam with the dudes from Nirvana on Palladia right now. loving SICK.

Eating toast at 3am in silence. Sleeping problems can go eat a dick.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Fucknag posted:

Was the first person done both times. And god drat I get super self conscious about that poo poo.

I was that guy a lot, but post-exam anxiety (whatever the sort) is easily shed at the campus bar.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was drinking around on my phone and all of a sudden I heard Swedish coming from my TV and was super confused

It was one of those Chrysler imported from America commercials, kind of cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
NERD POST

There's a board game called Formula D that we carry (or used to) and when we checked the last time we sold it it'd been like a year and I was like "YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE THE D STANDS FOR DEMEROL." and as nobody else is into cars or watches RCR I was deemed a comedic GENIUS.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Business trips own for small town hicks like me. Spent the day loving around fleet farm, cabelas, harbor freight and northern tool.

Currently being force fed top shelf booze by our sales rep.

Highlight of winter, as sad as that sounds.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tommychu posted:

I was that guy a lot, but post-exam anxiety (whatever the sort) is easily shed at the campus bar.

I go to a community college, the only on campus food anything is loving Nature's Table.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

Appreciate the sentiments, but it was a mutual and pretty easy breakup, despite us going steady for like 3 years now. Sometimes no matter how much work you put in there's just not enough there. :unsmith:

Aw man, that stinks dude. Y'all are pretty well aware of my relationship problems over the last 6 months since I kinda used the chat threads as my e/n dumping ground, so I'll just say that I feel ya and there's lots of pretty girls out there. You'll find someone that clicks better with you :)

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Pre exam jitters are also easily handled by the campus bar.

Just did the toughest exam for a course and I felt I did wonderful, I guess we'll see when the marks come back, but a drink and a nice meal before really helped relax.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Thelonious posted:

Business trips own for small town hicks like me. Spent the day loving around fleet farm, cabelas, harbor freight and northern tool.

Currently being force fed top shelf booze by our sales rep.

Highlight of winter, as sad as that sounds.

Business travel owns, considering a position with up to 60% right now, but I'm sure the lady will not like the idea, even though she says it'll be fine

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

How the gently caress did I sleep until 9pm :stonk: - noticed work tried to call me a few times too. gently caress that, it's been sleeting for most of the day (I think anyway - I woke up to it hitting my window several times through the day).

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hey STR here is 1/4 of the back feed to the MDF for 1/4 of the building. :colbert:

At least you're not dealing with a finished residential house built by monkeys that were better at flinging poo.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Laundry chat: My limiting factor is white socks. I'm usually on a two week cycle. I used to despise sorting socks after laundry day, but I enacted a new strategy a while back that seems to have helped. Threw away all my old socks (minus dedicated dress socks) then bought 2 packs of black socks and a pack of white socks. Match white to white and black to black. No more hunting for a mate for some random mid-length white sock again. Smartest thing I've done in a long time.

I did that a few years ago. Then had to buy more white ones as the original ones wore out. Different brand.

.... rinse, repeat, I now have 3 kinds of white socks again. At least two are the same brand, but have a different color logo on them. But that second set is starting to wear out again. Probably going to do the same thing again before summer.

Slow is Fast posted:

My father picked up one of these to try and keep in his mustang since he didn't want to carry a full cable set.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K7UXT2O?psc=1

I don't know how much I'd trust 11000mAh in off-brand batteries, especially if you need to crank it more than a few seconds. :stare:

e: looks like kastein (or someone like him) got ahold of one. :v:

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I really need to get a spare key made for my car. I locked my only copy inside the car earlier and had to get the local pop-a-lock equivalent to open it up. He stuck some tube thing with a squeeze bulb on one end and a hook on the other in between the window and rubber seal. It only took him several seconds and $45 to get the car open. RIP money

My car likes to occasionally lock the doors as soon as I get out... but only if the engine is running. :confused: Gets annoying when you're a delivery driver, moreso when you usually leave your phone in the car while going up to a customer's door. The first couple of times I had OnStar and was able to call them and get them to unlock the car remotely, the third time I'd gotten into the habit of rolling down the window a bit anytime I got out and planned to leave it idling.

I now keep a cheap hardware store copy in my wallet - mainly because it's a flat key, instead of one with a plastic head (there's no chip in the key for my car, so it works to start it too, if I can't find the 4 keys I already have).

A good friend of mine is a locksmith, he ran across someone at Target that was trying to get into their car. He got them in, guy then said he had no cash on him, but here, there's $100 left on this prepaid American Express. ..... it was a stolen Amex Gold. :downsgun:

Rabble posted:

Mercedes is finally getting into the Goatse market...

But what's the front look like? :haw:

Fucknag posted:

I had midterms today, finished the Statics test in half an hour, Physics 2 in just over an hour.

That happens to me with drat near every exam I take. Except for science stuff. :sigh:

The most memorable is when I had taken a bunch of Adderall the night before an exam, studied all night with some breaks, went to campus at 5am, studied my rear end off, had the test at 8:00, walked out at 8:20, and I was the only person to get a 100. On the final, it was the same, except I was the 2nd person out.

The instructor actually asked if I had somehow snuck notes in or figured out the answer key the first time it happened. I told her I stayed up all night studying (truth), and I had guessed on several questions. I told her what mark I always make on a test if I can't figure it out immediately and need to come back to it, and pointed out those marks to her - and I'm usually able to rule out some of the answers based on the rest of the exam when I come back to those questions. My first exam saw me get a 73, so I can see why she'd be going :wtf:, though I got a 95 on the second. Four exams total in that class, plus a handful of papers (every paper got an A).

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Palladia and Comedy Central are the only reasons I keep cable.

Fucknag posted:

I go to a community college, the only on campus food anything is loving Nature's Table.

The community college I got the most hours at has a Subway in the basement of the main building. They had an actual cafeteria at one time with a decent selection, but that was a long, long time ago. The other community college I went to had a grill that was open most of the day, and a very small cafeteria open for lunch.

Going to UNT was a bit of a shock - 7 or 8 cafeterias, one of them open until 2am on weekdays, 2 of them open all day, and they had an on-call shuttle that would take you anywhere on campus (and slightly off campus - bunch of bars were just off the east side of campus) until 2am as well. I lost count of how many times I'd get a ride back from the bars to that cafeteria, then either walk back to my dorm or get a ride back.

Bajaha posted:

Pre exam jitters are also easily handled by the campus bar.

Never seen a bar on any campus myself, but I know for a fact that a good chunk of the students in one class I had at UNT were at least buzzed before every exam (the entire classroom smelled like alcohol on those days, and in a room with nearly 300 seats...)

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I was always a good test taker, my Statics final exam was scheduled for 8 hours, I finished first in just under 5. It was worth 1300 points and I got 1270. I messed up something on Mohr's circle if memory serves. I know I still have the test somewhere, but I took it 25 years ago.

Jesus I'm getting old.

We just had the snowiest February on record here in Denver, but the forecast says sunny and 50's/60's for as far as they can predict. Looking forward to a break from snow, this last week and a half has had moments of the worst road conditions I've ever driven. And once again i'm motivated to take a few steps forward on my car project. Too cold otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have been charged with refurbing my mother's old laptop to give to sort of nephew in-law to use for his school work as his parents are too busy buying poo poo for their new baby to care about the son they already have.

It's a Win7 machine, like 6 years old I think. Best way to wipe it clean?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

I have been charged with refurbing my mother's old laptop to give to sort of nephew in-law to use for his school work as his parents are too busy buying poo poo for their new baby to care about the son they already have.

It's a Win7 machine, like 6 years old I think. Best way to wipe it clean?

Just get a windows 7 install iso, make a bootable thumb drive, and format it as part of the install procedure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

Just get a windows 7 install iso, make a bootable thumb drive, and format it as part of the install procedure.

Don't I need a product key for that?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Don't I need a product key for that?

Is it not stuck to the bottom of the laptop? It left the factory with one. If it's not there, check under the battery or under one of the removable doors on the bottom. Sometimes they hide them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

Is it not stuck to the bottom of the laptop? It left the factory with one. If it's not there, check under the battery or under one of the removable doors on the bottom. Sometimes they hide them.

Not seeing anything. There's a bunch of dry adhesive so it probably fell off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

Not seeing anything. There's a bunch of dry adhesive so it probably fell off.

Oh, that makes it worse then. Hope the hard drive never dies! Does it have a system recovery partition? Often you'll be able to press F-something to get to system recovery, then re-image the factory loadout onto it. Then you can prune the preinstalled shovelware. If it doesn't have the recovery partition, I guess you're stuck with manually removing everything and scanning it with your favorite antivirus/antimalware/etc tools. Unless there's a tool for bulk uninstalling that I'm not aware of.

• Locked thread