Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
*You're.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Also, that was a non-serious, or "joke" report that the sad ex-FYAD Ralp-esque phone number man tried to publicly clown on me for but backfired; please, instead remember me for posting wet cupping videos in the bad Giant Bomb thread instead.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the moderators are dangerously stupid please do not report as a joke

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Did you just grammar check me? You suck

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Wormskull posted:

BRAD: [Eyebrows raise.] Oh my God! [Dead silence.] Someone just sent me the patch notes for Dota 2! [Dead silence.] Apparently, they're going to add Xbox 360 controller support!

JEFF: Uhh... Okay.

lmao

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Fluffdaddy posted:

Did you just grammar check me? You suck

!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I can't believe it took me this long to understand that Jeff's miserable personality is because he is forced to play videogames for a living but he's terrible at them. It's some real Monkey's Paw bullshit. Forced to fumble through game after game while all he can think is "I was good at Donkey Kong when I was 12."

actually its because his best friend died suddenly and his absence is felt every day as jeff continues to keep the company moving forward not out of enjoyment or pride but the fear that if he lets go and leaves he will be leaving behind his only remaining connection to his late friend

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

actually its because his best friend died suddenly and his absence is felt every day as jeff continues to keep the company moving forward not out of enjoyment or pride but the fear that if he lets go and leaves he will be leaving behind his only remaining connection to his late friend

:(

Soral
May 30, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

actually it's probably the stupid donkey kong thing that other guy said lol

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
ryan davis dot mov
http://www.spike.com/video-clips/cw8wk6/futurama-what-if-bender-was-human

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Jeff is miserable because he hates Yoshi's Island and Mario Kart which are clear signs that he hates fun.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
5 Stars
Deep and involving mechanics, lavish, fluid artwork, and an emotionally resonant storyline--Dust pretty much has it all. - Brad Shoemaker.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

metal gear scanlon 3 started and all you guys can do is tear each other down.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

DGib posted:

ive been listening to the bombcast since the first one and every time i hear brad's voice it makes me want to punch him in his fat face. what a horrible human being

dan has to be an act because nobody can be that big of a piece of poo poo

just have jeff and matt rorie do a retro games podcast every week featuring drew scalons "hiking and being sttractive" segments every 25 minutes

DGib
Jan 22, 2010
i would never wear those tacky headphones

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

That's not supposed to be you. it's me. And I prize comfort over aesthetics.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Sir John Feelgood posted:

I prize comfort over aesthetics.

well that explains the facial hair

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Metal Gear Scanlon 3-2 is a Rollercoaster of high and lows in combat technique.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Metal Gear Scanlon 3-2 is a Rollercoaster of high and lows in combat technique.

Having watched MGScanlon 1 and 2 it met my expectations perfectly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo I've never heard any of these MGS3 codecs before.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was hoping to see if they would check what Sigint would say if they called him up wearing all black since I don't feel like playing the first few minutes of it myself to find out really.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well, I checked for myself and it turns out Sigint doesn't say anything funny when you call him wearing all black.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm kind of mad because OBS seems to work fine but when Elgato Game Capture HD60 actual software is running it gets to like 1:44 and then just becomes unclickable, and I dunno if it's my computer or what. Maybe I should just reinstall Windows again I guess...

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i keep expecting drew to say something when dan gets real psyched about the black face paint.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I'm glad they're churning out these mgs episodes, drew looks like he's actually having fun playing the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's because 3 is the first fun one to play. Also I like that the cutscenes are so good in this one that they both just watch in complete silence and then say "hell yeah!!!" when it's over and Drew quickly begins choke slamming guards again.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

BKPR posted:

i keep expecting drew to say something when dan gets real psyched about the black face paint.

it feels like Drew is constantly holding things back that he wants to say to Dan. he must be very exhausting to work with

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Dan's mom put a needle in his ballsack

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

StabMasterArson posted:

it feels like Drew is constantly holding things back that he wants to say to Dan. he must be very exhausting to work with

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Dan's mom put a needle in his ballsack

:yikes:

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Brrt

Sir John Feelgood fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 5, 2015

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

gave this podcast the 6 year test and it failed miserably.

lol

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

please change thread title to "The Collusion Zone"

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Tender Bender posted:

I can't believe it took me this long to understand that Jeff's miserable personality is because he is forced to play videogames for a living but he's terrible at them. It's some real Monkey's Paw bullshit. Forced to fumble through game after game while all he can think is "I was good at Donkey Kong when I was 12."

I'm in 2009 and Jeff isn't burnt out and negative about games. Maybe it was the kinect that did it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah this looks like a classic Disney movie, uhhh, what's the Japanese, uhh... Mackle-zackle? Makaza- Macklemore?

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Machai posted:

please change thread title to "The Collusion Zone"

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
9 minutes into the Battlefield Hardline quick look is pretty great.

*Jeff slams the car into literally every truck and restarts five times*

Jeff: "Sigh... Driving in non-driving games."

Drew: "There's been vehicles in Battlefield since the beginning."

Jeff: "Yeah... But they don't handle like in Need for Speed."

Drew: "But they made a Need for Speed game with this engine."

Jeff: "..."

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

To his credit, driving in battlefield games, at least car-type cars, is pure AIDS rear end, and also, the engine doesn't mean the cars are going to act the same.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

yeah i'm pretty sure that's what drew meant. it's been done in the engine before, so why's it bad now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Because probably the people who made the racing game weren't the same people, nor were they making the same kind of game, as the people making the FPS. I just assumed that was so obvious that it must of just been ignorance on Drew's part, especially considering he's said stuff like it before. The driving in a driving heavy game being bad is bad, but thinking different games or types of games in the same engine should be expected to have all kinds of things in common, or that it would be easy to make them all in common or whatever is a mistake as well.