Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atomizer posted:

It would just be nice if some of the worse tanks had better MM.

If we've successfully identified a bunch of tanks as too bad, why not just buff them instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Prav posted:

If we've successfully identified a bunch of tanks as too bad, why not just buff them instead?

Because they're not, as these cherry picked stats from the RU cluster demonstrate

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Atomizer posted:

Wargaming doesn't "make sense," they make terrible decisions.

So do we by playing this game. I wonder how many years of my life I've lost to tankrage.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Because they're not, as these cherry picked stats from the RU cluster demonstrate

Then why should these perfectly adequate tanks get soft MM?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I was making fun of their tendency to say "everything is fine on the RU server so there's no problem" when presented with hard evidence that something is seriously broken from the NA server

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

What isn't seriously broken on the NA server?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The webstore. Priorities.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

:lol::lol::lol:

FTR is shutting down because SS is getting hired as a AW CM monkey/community manager. This is hilarious on pretty much every level.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The one industry that should be getting it right still gets it so wrong time after time.

loving sigh. Gonna go shoot some tanks :smith:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Prav posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

FTR is shutting down because SS is getting hired as a AW CM monkey/community manager. This is hilarious on pretty much every level.

I guess someone should have warned Obsidian about the kind of person they have on boat there now. His contract is probably with mail.ru, but he'll still be dealing with both companies for sure.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Lol. good riddance imo. hopefully some less lovely nolifer will fill the vacuum.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Atal Vataman posted:

Lol. good riddance imo. hopefully some less lovely nolifer will fill the vacuum.

Haha like ritagamer apparently

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Grakkus posted:

Haha like ritagamer apparently

haha i thought you were joking, but i just read his post... well, that's going to fail. Isn't she even worse of a player than mr. SchutzStaffel?

the downside to this, is of course that armored warfare is slightly less appealing now...

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

The sensible thing would be to yank the horrible Lorraine 40t out of its position,

What is actually horrible with the Lorraine40t?
It is a AMX 50 100 that is slightly better in almost everything, except armour (not like the AMX 50 100 have armour), so I fail to see why the Lorraine is bad?
The AMX 50100 is played like a medium anyways and is one of the tanks where a tier10 game is not an issue.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cardiac posted:

The memories.

Buffing it to near-Batchat stats really helped it. Especially the track bloom. 8° dep certainly didn't hurt either.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cardiac posted:

It's the size of a Maus with no armour and middling acceleration, and needs to be horribly exposed to lay down a clip.

I guess they buffed out the numerous other problems? I finished grinding it and sold it just before they gave it a functional amount of gun elevation, which reduced the magnitude by which it was the worst tank in the game.

In any event it still sticks out like a sore thumb between the tiny go go jets that are the 13 90 and the Bat.Chat

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
from my understanding the lorraine is fine atm. not best at tier or anything, but quite workable. Its an autoloader that goes fast, you should be able to make that work tbh

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

It's the size of a Maus with no armour and middling acceleration, and needs to be horribly exposed to lay down a clip.

With better stats than an AMX 50 100, which is a loving great tank regardless of MM.
I don't see the problem?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cardiac posted:

With better stats than an AMX 50 100, which is a loving great tank regardless of MM.
I don't see the problem?

Last time I looked at the Lorraine, which is when I drove it, it was worse than the 50 100 in every way but top speed and tiered higher, plus this was before they hosed off battle tier 12. I haven't looked at it since because it gives me flashbacks.

Even if it's been buffed so hard that i's become playable it still doesn't make sense sitting where it does in the tree, it's so fundamentally different in everything from the tanks before and after it.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 5, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It's a Batchat but big. I'm not sure that the differences are all that fundamental.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Even if it's been buffed so hard that i's become playable it still doesn't make sense sitting where it does in the tree, it's so fundamentally different in everything from the tanks before and after it.

Eh, like that is new.
The AMX 40 is followed by the ELC, Slugger to T25 AT to T28, Tortoise to FV183, the TigerP to VK4502A to VK4502B.
Are there actually any line that is fully consistent in play style throughout the line?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
As someone who just bought it yesterday, it's... not bad at all? I mean, it doesn't make as much of a boom as the 50 120 and it has problems penning some things from the front (loving VK 4502B's) but it's pretty quick and agile even with the stock engine (definitely moves better than the 50 100) and unlike the 50 120 it actually has some camo. It's sort of in an awkward place somewhere between the 13 90 and the 50 120 though. It feels like it's not super good at fighting neither mediums nor heavies, but it might just be that I haven't really figured it out yet. I only have like 10 games in it so far.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cardiac posted:

Are there actually any line that is fully consistent in play style throughout the line?

It would be if they put the 13 105 in instead :colbert:

All the lines change true, but I don't think any of them snap hard one way, and then hard back to the starting point quite the same way.

Prav posted:

It's a Batchat but big. I'm not sure that the differences are all that fundamental.

It can't do the things the 13 90 and bat.chat do, it's just way too big and too easy to hit. Or at least, it can't do the things the 13 90 and Bat.Chat can do and live to reload a second clip.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 5, 2015

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
Someone has their account in SA Mart. Lets see how they respond to my offer of trading some Eve Online accounts. :rolldice:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Playing the Chaffee, and holy hell this is the polar opposite of the Heavies I've been grinding for ages. Snap shot or die, keep moving, easy to actually hide from poo poo. My aim is going to suffer in this thing, but drat is it fun. I need to save up for a good gaming rig, because I need that auto-aim mod; hard to get the pipper on the enemy when my frame rate sucks and I'm driving 50 mph.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
To all the people who don't think the Lorraine is that bad.

Why don't you play one for a while and get back to us.

I know that when I'm in my E-100 and I see a Lorraine, its a priority target for a 150mm sized hug.

Its giant, has a poor gun, and has poo poo armor.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Lorraine was pretty hot poo poo back in the day. Not so much at tier 9. The AMX 50 100 now is pretty much a slower, more cumbersome knockoff of the tier 8 Lorraine, and the tier 8 Lorraine existed back when tier 8 was actually playable. Not that it mattered, because its gun was lightyears ahead of the other mediums. Then they pushed it up a tier, slowed it down, and expected it to perform like the BatChat used to.

I ground it out pretty much entirely solo, and yeah playing the stock Lorraine was a nightmare compared to the tier 7 13 90 (holy loving god, now that was a tank) but it was a pure pleasure once you unlocked the big gun and the second engine. Now it's like the end of Flowers for Algernon.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Let's not mix up the pre- and post-nerf T8 Lorraine. One was good, and the other was, uh, not.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
haha, i just had a look at that blog ritagamer put up. so its basically ftr, but with macromaymays

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hopefully with less open bigotry and eternal butthurt.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Prav posted:

Hopefully with less open bigotry and eternal butthurt.

but... but there was a woman with a beard in eurovision :qq:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Prav posted:

Let's not mix up the pre- and post-nerf T8 Lorraine. One was good, and the other was, uh, not.

Yeah that was a brilliant move. Bumped up a tier, lost the top engine, reload time between shots up to what was it, 4 seconds (Compares to 13 90s increase to 2.5)? I mean I know the autoloaders were mega OP when introduced, but that patch poo poo all over the Lorraine way more thsb anything else.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

I really enjoyed the lorrain :smith:. All the t9 meds Ive played so far have been a blast to play. Probably because I get to poo poo on t7 tanks while still being usefull in t10 games.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Prav posted:

I think this is the deciding point here, I only know the T8 Lorraine which was pretty fun to play and really good, the only drawback I remember was the lack of gun depression. Then they made it a T9 without really bothering to adjust much, it is no wonder it feels weaker now.
And yes it does suffer french tank syndrome, it is a primary target for me in any HE/HESH tank. Penetrating a Lorraine in the deathstar will never not be funny.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Saint Celestine posted:

To all the people who don't think the Lorraine is that bad.

Why don't you play one for a while and get back to us.

I know that when I'm in my E-100 and I see a Lorraine, its a priority target for a 150mm sized hug.

Its giant, has a poor gun, and has poo poo armor.

Oh come on, it's not *that* bad, is it? I mean, here's my US stats, all from after it became tier 9:

Then again, it was definitely better at tier 8, back when I played it on my EU account:

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Atomizer posted:

A little part of me dies at the thought of some shitter buying his way into an account with unicum stats.

How would you manage the game account being attached to your e-mail account (unless you signed up with a single-purpose account that you would also be relinquishing control of)?

How much higher? :)

And I suppose this means you won't be able to play Blitz with the same account, so we should unfriend you there?

I think my friend said a guy from chai bought his account with the idea of flipping it for more money.

You can get your email changed through WG support it just requires a little hoop jumping.

No, i wasn't good at the whole touch screen thing and got to lazy to bother with mapping a controller.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

As a person that is grinding through the Lorr, I have to say this: I hate that loving tank, and I cannot possibly imagine what it was like with only 6 degrees of gun depression. IMO, if WG were smart they'd reduce the HP a bit and make it a premium, and slot in the AMX 13 105 in it's place.

The problem with the Lorr isn't really the Lorriane itsself, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the design of it. It's just that not a single one of it's stats are *quite* good enough to let it play the way it really wants to be played. It's not slow, but it's not quite quick or nimble enough, the gun's handing and stats are good, but not quite good enough, and the armor is... well, it's poo poo, but you don't go down a light line expecting actual good armor, so i can't mark that against it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I forgot to post about FTR.

Good riddance. Hopefully he stops playing Tanks, sells his account, and then rages out and gets fired/banned from AW. Nationalism is a plague.

In related news [1488] still exists. Try renaming PANSY back to ISLAM?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Hey atomizer, you might want to make sure that Lenovo doesn't have superfish on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How is an overt neo nazi clan name like 1488 allowed jesus christ.

Ahhh no dude their just a combination of our favorite numbers what are you talking about?