Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I call it racist. I don't call it "genocide" because as a Belgian, you should know that has a very specific meaning.
i agree, i wouldn't call it genocide either. maybe soft ethnic cleansing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I thought the rationalization for the German people was that they didn't know it was going on? I don't know really. But hey, who am I to judge, we threw the Japanese in Internment camps so how much better than Israel are we?

That's the rationalization, but in actual reality people just didn't give a poo poo because they didn't see the gas chambers personally.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Matoi Ryuko posted:

But hey, who am I to judge, we threw the Japanese in Internment camps so how much better than Israel are we?

we did eventually stop bombing the japanese

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, please. I'm going to stop now on my side of things. Sorry for contributing to yet another derail in the Chat Thread that is supposed to be about making fun of MIGF. :smith:

Genocide of black jews :shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Geno targeted baby reduction program

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
One wonders why if we were willing to bomb all of Europe and Japan into ash and totally rebuild all of it why didn't we do that with Iraq.

edit: The rebuilding part, not the ash part.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Venom Snake posted:

One wonders why if we were willing to bomb all of Europe and Japan into ash and totally rebuild all of it why didn't we do that with Iraq.

liberals (marshall, truman) vs. conservatives (wolfowitz, rumsfeld)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

whites get aid

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Actually America spent a fuckton on all that stuff in Iraq, but problematically it entrusted its funds to private business to do things.

Full Communism, friends.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

we have built so much stuff in iraq. or at least spent so much money that was supposed to maybe build stuff, or something. the government gave a lot of rich people more money definitely. stop asking questions

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I like using words to express what they mean, rather than for shock value, and make accusations that are substantiated, because I don't only talk to an echo-chamber of people who hate Israel and/or American foreign policy, and I would rather, when I make accusations or critique people or policies, be able to confidently back my poo poo up instead of getting into heated ad hominems and waffle on the details. Some people here seem to think that that is the height of Zionist American Exceptionalist Racism. That is their prerogative, because we live in America, and people are allowed to hold and express wrong opinions. :patriot:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What does genocide mean

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I like using words to express what they mean, rather than for shock value, and make accusations that are substantiated, because I don't only talk to an echo-chamber of people who hate Israel and/or American foreign policy, and I would rather, when I make accusations or critique people or policies, be able to confidently back my poo poo up instead of getting into heated ad hominems and waffle on the details. Some people here seem to think that that is the height of Zionist American Exceptionalist Racism. That is their prerogative, because we live in America, and people are allowed to hold and express wrong opinions. :patriot:

heated ad hominems

heated ad hominems

heated ad hominems

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How can we ever figure it out

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Disinterested posted:

Actually America spent a fuckton on all that stuff in Iraq, but problematically it entrusted its funds to private business to do things.

Full Communism, friends.

At this point I'm honestly tired of people crowing communism, not just because I don't believe it will work (human nature, bruh, it'll end up poorly all the time), but because I want to see someone come up with something new and more relevant to a world in which the global market dominates everything. Karl Marx is loving dead and dust, why not do something new.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That is their prerogative, because we live in America, and people are allowed to hold and express wrong opinions. :patriot:

like being some weird black jew genocide apologist?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

euphronius posted:

What does genocide mean

Helpfully many countries signed a treaty defining it:

quote:

Article II: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
dead heat(ed ad hominems)

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You need a step ladder to get on that cross?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

nutranurse posted:

At this point I'm honestly tired of people crowing communism, not just because I don't believe it will work (human nature, bruh, it'll end up poorly all the time), but because I want to see someone come up with something new and more relevant to a world in which the global market dominates everything. Karl Marx is loving dead and dust, why not do something new.

communism existed before marx and tbh his theories aren't all that great

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

gently caress Proudhon and Owen, they were soft.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

What does genocide mean

Apparently anything bad a Jew does. When a Jewish dentist takes out your tooth and breaks another one by accident, aren't they genociding you just a little bit? :allears:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah but you cant act as if the internet proponents of communism aren't barking up marx's tree to the exclusion of all others. he's practically a meme.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

nutranurse posted:

There is nothing new under the sun.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Apparently anything bad a Jew does. When a Jewish dentist takes out your tooth and breaks another one by accident, aren't they genociding you just a little bit? :allears:

Why do Jewish dentists want to genocide my tartars?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

you are losing this 'argument' fyi, i highly recommended conceding defeat

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Heated ad hominems?

Heated ad hominems.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Definition of the word?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think it was defined tho

The word

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am not anti-dentite

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

i mean like only SOME of those jewish dcotors were forcible sterilizing them but others were just being intentionally misleading or leaving out pertinent information guys its totally not a big deal

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

nutranurse posted:

well, you need neither Full Communism nor Novel Solutions to deal with a lot of this poo poo: you need a somewhat efficient and transparent bureaucracy that is not constantly looking for every possible excuse to turn over its essential functions to corporate interests

the failings of the iraqi rebuild are pretty straightforward and well-documented, so "let's do not that' is a fair blueprint

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 5, 2015

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

nutranurse posted:

The global market has been a dominant force in political economy for centuries, imo. Marx was and is still relevant.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Typical heated ad hominem. :jerkbag:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Only person tying genocide exclusively to judaism is you, but that's like Israeli internet Argument Defense 101--make Israel's crimes out to be the crimes of all jews ever.

No. They're not. They're just the crimes of the Israeli State. Jews are actually p cool and not all of them are racist genocidal shitheads like you will find with alarming frequency in Israel!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I'm moving away from this argument because all y'all are not actually interested in seriously engage in it, and this isn't the I/P thread, where I already had this argument and SedanChair lost it, which is why he is revamping it here instead, as he was banking on people being unaware of my posting history on this subject and not knowing he'd been owned before.

What I am going to do is not engage in this stupidity further because I have actual work to do. If anybody's actually interested in knowing more, go to the I/P thread, click the "?" by my name, look for this argument there, and judge for yourselves.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
beautiful little heated ad hominem. but seriously, dont do it again

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Haha I was right about black jew genocide before and I'm still right, I just got sick of your bleating

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh I don't think any of us have called your confidence into question, you seem quite convinced w/r/t the elaborate lattice of plausible deniability you have constructed

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

The global market has been a dominant force in political economy for centuries, imo. Marx was and is still relevant.

Yeah, but no? :confused:

You can't really believe that the global market of today is at all like or resembling the global market of the 19th century.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Put a few Palestinians into an giant internment camp and all of a sudden we're the bad guys???? What's the big deal!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm moving away from this argument because all y'all are not actually interested in seriously engage in it, and this isn't the I/P thread, where I already had this argument and SedanChair lost it, which is why he is revamping it here instead, as he was banking on people being unaware of my posting history on this subject and not knowing he'd been owned before.

What I am going to do is not engage in this stupidity further because I have actual work to do. If anybody's actually interested in knowing more, go to the I/P thread, click the "?" by my name, look for this argument there, and judge for yourselves.

Stop heating the rear end homilies!!

• Locked thread