Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Liking the dog update. You now have a shop dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
My roommate got a text from his friend, Stripper Ashley, saying her truck was broken down about 2 minutes from my house:

Her reverse gear decided it wanted to be lubricant instead, so her best course of action was obviously hard parking on a snowbank and getting stuck as her transmission ate itself.

Drive still works (for the next couple miles at least) so we needed to get the truck into a through-space.

ENTER COMACHO:

:smug:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Always help a stripper

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Stripper Ashley has terrible taste in wheels.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I expected them to be Lucite.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

StormDrain posted:

I expected them to be Lucite.

I had to google that one, but that didn't make it any less hilarious.

My roommate is apparently going to use my garage to replace the transmission on Stripper Ashley's truck.

I obviously made fun of him for this, and he seems to be taking it well:

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

Adiabatic posted:

My roommate is apparently going to use my garage to replace the transmission on Stripper Ashley's truck.

As the aforementioned roommate, can confirm that my alpha male status has been revoked. It's Mountain Dew and M'lady from here on out.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The one stripper Ive hooked up with drives a dump truck for a living.
for her dads large company

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Preoptopus posted:

So what she just strips for fun? (not that there's anything wrong with that, just sayin)

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fucknag posted:

So what she just strips for fun? (not that there's anything wrong with that, just sayin)

2 grand in a weekend....

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

madhatter9374 posted:

As the aforementioned roommate, can confirm that my alpha male status has been revoked. It's Mountain Dew and M'lady from here on out.

I knew it was just a matter of time.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

madhatter9374 posted:

We liked your cabinets.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

madhatter9374 posted:

your cabinets and meat badger are excellent but I recommend troubleshooting your vehicles a bit more before digging in :v:

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Preoptopus posted:

So does she have a nice dumper?

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

kastein posted:

I recommend troubleshooting your vehicles a bit more before digging in

Yeah, that was turtlely idiotic of me, although I'm glad that the WJ has a rebuilt top end. Just waiting for things to fall apart around it now. Glad I live in the best arrangement for automotive unreliability.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Extreme preventative maintenance. Dude was dolphinitely meticulous with it and showed that 4.0 some love.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I can't stop laughing at the mental image of a stripper wearing a mini-skirt and high heels walking outside at 5 am after work and jumping into her Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

Please tell me the truck has a gun rack or something.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ripoff posted:

I can't stop laughing at the mental image of a stripper wearing a mini-skirt and high heels walking outside at 5 am after work and jumping into her Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

Please tell me the truck has a gun rack or something.

You know she's switched into sweatpants that say juicy and the reebox with the strap. Her hair is still blonde with black streaks in it, but it's in a huge ball on the top of her head.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

StormDrain posted:

You know she's switched into sweatpants that say juicy and the reebox with the strap. Her hair is still blonde with black streaks in it, but it's in a huge ball on the top of her head.

That is surprisingly accurate :stare:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

StormDrain posted:

This man is no stranger to the early morning end of shift stripper crowd.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Bajaha posted:

Oh God.. the way they look after a long assed shift. Make-up may have looked okay 12 hours before, but it's 6am now, and the sun has arisen and oh Jes- :gonk:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Heading down South this weekend with my dad to go pick up the wood tools.

I'll post some more pictures in the daylight when we get down there, but it's a "Take everything you want" situation and we're driving that GMC pickup and towing his enclosed 12' motorcycle trailer.

List of poo poo I know to be in there:

6' tall bandsaw from like 1950
6' tall drill press from like 1950
Table wood lathe... I think it may be hand crank or perhaps there's a small motor on it... Looks to be from about 1950
Table saw with joiner mounted to the side of it, both from around 1950
Arm saw, from like 1950
My dad also says there's a giant wood-stove in there, so I'll certainly have to check that out as well.

I expect all of these wood tools to be heavy as gently caress and laughably over-engineered.

My redneck cousin likes to steal poo poo for drug money so we're gonna go pick up all we can before he figures out how to gank all of them. Unfortunately, he's probably taken all of the cool hand tools already.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Bajaha posted:

Target in Glendale, CO. Denver goons know.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

was dolphinitely meticulous with it

Strangest autocorrect error of the week award goes to...

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!

meatpimp posted:

For sharks.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

meatpimp posted:

Maybe he did it on porpoise

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

meatpimp posted:

He's referring to Dolph Lundgren, clearly.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

This weekend we went to grab the wood tools.

Took Badger along for the ride. He was super excited:

For about ten minutes:

Took the big equipment out of this shed that was in the back:

Badger decided playing in the mud was more interesting:

Today we unloaded the truck, and it was basically a shitshow with the soft ground following the snow. Mistakes were made, trailers were abandoned out back, and a certain 2010 6L 2WD hybrid GMC Sierra was towed out of my backyard by a certain 1990 4L 2WD Comanche. My backyard now vaguely resembles something from Spintires:

The spoils were worth it, however:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Breakdown of the spoils...

Stand-alone grinder:

Band saw:

Arm saw:

Table saw with joiner:

Drill press:

Mini-Jormungandr:

Shop dog:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Nice, I think my dad has the same radial arm saw. Just, his doesn't look like it was left outside in the woods for 20 years.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

HAH I've been waiting for Amazon to ship this heater core for a month. They just canceled the order yesterday. Welp.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

This is how you work on wiring harnesses.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Whoops been neglecting this. I met a girl :3:

Camacho pulled the trailer out of the (much less muddy) mud no problem this weekend. Girl's dog helped:

We cleaned the garage up because it was getting narsty.

This weekend should see some cool projects.

VVVVVV Her dog Bandit and my dog Badger look a lot alike and they're best buds :3:

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 24, 2015

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Girls with dogs are good ladies. And its a good looking dog, so, woo :)

Also goddamn I wish I lived down there. My mechanic skills are terrible, and I'd love to trade beer/food for knowledge hahah.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Her dog and my dog are like brothers. Whenever her dog comes over they play until it's time to leave or go to bed. Soft-mouthing, tackling, playing keep-away, playing tug-of-war, just running for no drat reason. :3:

So as luck would have it there's a Subaru coming Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday afternoon.

Also have friends visiting from Michigan who are going to the Lotus gallery in Philly then coming down here Sunday night. They're Subaru people and hopefully my buddy is bringing his EJ207 swapped lesbian Forester.

Camacho is getting a new water pump, thermostat, and heater core, because I feel like spoiling him and the girl wants to learn about cars :3:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Another day, another Subaru:

Anyone want to see what $1,000 worth of cat-back exhaust looks like?

poo poo's titanium. The entire thing weighed 11 lbs. He didn't tell me any of this until I started haphazardly tossing the pipes up there.

The good thing about a dude putting $1,000 worth of pipe on his car is he gives you a dickload of beer to do it for him:

Badger doesn't like when cars are off the ground. He'll run circles around the lift for hours with a very worried look on his face. I couldn't even get a decent picture of him because he wouldn't stand still long enough:

Shop dog needs a tune.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Those titanium exhausts are hilarious. When they came out at my local shop I was like "I like the looks of that but the fake blued tip is too ricey for me, can I order it without the blued tip?"

The answer is no. The rice is mandatory.

One enterprising apprentice offered to take a grinder to my $1300 titanium exhaust to get rid of it.

Now I drive a car worth less than that exhaust. Priorities??

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Adiabatic posted:

The good thing about a dude putting $1,000 worth of pipe on his car is he gives you a dickload of beer to do it for him:

I still see space for more beer.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
The logic going through that dogs mind must be terrifying.

"BIG THING FLY NOT NATURAL AHHHH"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

AcidRonin posted:

The logic going through that dogs mind must be terrifying.

"BIG THING FLY NOT NATURAL AHHHH"

Logic? Dogs mind? Ahaha ha ha, you what?