Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

infernal machines posted:

you have never updated sharepoint have you?

don't get me wrong, most windows admins are lazy shits who don't know the first thing about their job, but microsoft absolutely does break software through automatic updates. like, poo poo that's in a default oob configuration with start spamming errors because the update process hosed with its configuration

they just tend to fix it in the next patch cycle

there's a reason best practice for update deployment is to run a few weeks behind, deploying everything to your test lab first. it ain't just because of third party software

i have a client that still has an NT4 server on their domain, running some old production DB that's never been updated

it fucks with everything because they can't raise the domain schema functional level past win2k without it breaking, which means all their fancy new servers are constantly spamming AD errors

actually, sometimes they do.

or you know, they spend $80k+ on developing a sharepoint site just to have us decommission it two years later when it turns out they didn't actually buy any loving sharepoint or sql licenses and no one at their implementation vendor thought to mention that they might need to do that

*computer janitors for a living*

"it's a stupid product that makes no sense and has no coherent usecase"

fuckin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

infernal machines whos job is to computer janitor microsoft products and believes that microsoft is untouchable thinks that an apple product is bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
cremnob, the guy using tasseomancy to DYP his apple stock is here to tell you about how aplle watch is beautiful jewelry

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i might buy one of the cheap ones cuz why not i own every other thing apple makes might as well

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

cremnob, the guy using tasseomancy to DYP his apple stock is here to tell you about how aplle watch is beautiful jewelry

lmao ur literally dropping DYP in every post because i told you to go back to IYG

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

DYP apple stock?????????????????????????????????????

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

cremnob posted:

*computer janitors for a living*

"it's a stupid product that makes no sense and has no coherent usecase"

fuckin lol

yea gross nerds said this about the iphone and ipad too

im not saying its gonna be as successful as the iphone or ipad but we've definitely heard this record before

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

as the saying goes

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!”

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

THC posted:

yea gross nerds said this about the iphone and ipad too

im not saying its gonna be as successful as the iphone or ipad but we've definitely heard this record before

wasn't cremnob just bitching about this truth is in the middle poo poo?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also lol at you going all tory cmos on my post history and ignoring how much i defend apple here

I've owned macs since the 90s, i can still spot a stupid market chasing product when i see one

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

those are all ur dumb posts in the latest microsoft thread

also lol at market chasing when the entire "smart watch" category exists because of the rumors going back years that apple was working on some kind of wearable and then everyone rushed some lovely POS into the market

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
does cremnob normally freak out like this because i've kinda missed it every time if so

also lol what an awful little nobody

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Fabricated posted:

what an awful little nobody
thats our cremnob!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

cremnob posted:

everyone rushed some lovely POS into the market

yes apple didn't rush I guess

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
man, I'm as pro-Apple as it gets, but all smart-watches are a dumb loving idea, it doesn't matter who makes them

I'm also fairly certain the Apple watch will be a huge initial success

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Tusen Takk posted:

the only gold option that will look good on white people is the rose gold

yellow gold looks awesome on dark-skinned people

You're right but I still don't like yellow gold, wish they made a white gold.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the apple watch is actual jewelry which is why people will want to wear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVnqLPfm6zE&hd=1

this and everything else thats gotten pumped out recently is garbage and u can tell they are all crude products with lovely materials. literally babby's first time working with metals

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
s
h
u
t
u
p
c
r
e
m
n
o
b

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

man, I'm as pro-Apple as it gets, but all smart-watches are a dumb loving idea, it doesn't matter who makes them

I'm also fairly certain the Apple watch will be a huge initial success

An incredibly precise timepiece.

A more immediate, intimate way to connect.

An intelligent health and fitness companion.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

not jewelry

jewelry

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

cremnob posted:

An incredibly precise timepiece.

A more immediate, intimate way to connect.

An intelligent health and fitness companion.

shameful as gently caress

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

cremnob posted:

not jewelry

"we should put a big thick black plastic thing on the bottom to attempt to hide that our watch is thicker than an android fan"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Blue Train posted:

shameful as gently caress

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm RICO'S LUNCH

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"the Apple Watch doesn't fit under my shirt cuff without serious effort, if at all"
-the guy who took that RICO'S LUNCH picture

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

i'm RICO'S LUNCH

I'm LON 6:09

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if only there were ways to show a second time zone or an alarm without text, maybe some kind of pointy.... thing connected where the hands are

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

The Apple Watch is thin as a Rolex

http://www.cultofmac.com/297331/apple-watch-thin-rolex/

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

does charlie rose's rolex fit under his sleeve?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

which rolex because the deepsea is like 18mm thick

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Then we looked at his Rolex up close and I suggested the Apple Watch might only be two or three millimeters thicker. Alex wears a Rolex Submariner 14060M so we looked up the specifics of and it comes in at 11 millimeters. That’s thicker than a Swatch, which starts at 8 millimeters, but there are also Swatch watches that go up to 10.5 millimeters, so it isn’t huge either.

Then we looked up the specifics of the Apple Watch and to our surprise it turns out the Apple Watch is only 11.5 millimeters thick.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
nobody who wears a rolex is buying this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i still don't get why they're so fixated on this as a luxury product. the iphone and ipad were never "luxury" products per se, they were just best in class products that the wealthy decided to buy because they were the best

even if some revolutionary new usecase appears out of the aether and there becomes and actual point to owning a smart watch, the iwatch could comfortably be the best in class smartwach without trying to compete with rolex and omega

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

or an omega

or a bulova

or a longines

or a jeanrichard

or any watch that uses moving parts to track the time

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

i still don't get why they're so fixated on this as a luxury product. the iphone and ipad were never "luxury" products per se, they were just best in class products that the wealthy decided to buy because they were the best

even if some revolutionary new usecase appears out of the aether and there becomes and actual point to owning a smart watch, the iwatch could comfortably be the best in class smartwach without trying to compete with rolex and omega

the iPhone (and Moto Razr) were both considered "high-end" because when they came out the only way to get one was to pay the full price up front, no carrier would subsidize them.

Then the carriers started subsidizing them and every clownshoe in town had one but the perception remained.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

they absolutely will. they'll wear their apple watch daily and the rolex will be left at home for *special occasions* but even that will slip away when they realize the utility they'll be giving up by not wearing the apple watch

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm not sure either, all this early access in fashion magazines and stuff is confusing if it's good it will become fashionable; trying to make it so before it's out seems pretty lame

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cremnob posted:

they absolutely will. they'll wear their apple watch daily and the rolex will be left at home for *special occasions* but even that will slip away when they realize the utility they'll be giving up by not wearing the apple watch

lmao no

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

cremnob posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

people who will buy the ugly rear end gold watch:

- persian men
- black women
- white trash housewives

any of these groups may or may not have lots of credit card debt but want to own a gold watch that falls in their "affordable" price range but is a big brand name

$2999. only at the apple store.

also note that many poors own androids, often out of being dumb rather than not being able to afford them because you can get a 5s with the touch id and all for like $0 on contract now. by selling the gold watch to poors they will also have to get iphones for the things to be remotely useful. apple sells another few million.

• Locked thread