Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Nazis are fine moslems are not. Don't you know that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

There's a reason why this picture exists.

e: I wonder what the WG's home office would have to say about [1488] not getting banned.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.
Now's the time for Ensign to swoop in and start posting Serb facts on Archive Awareness.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
This is the ticket I sent in:

quote:

Category:

World of Tanks

Sub-category:

Rule Violations

There is a clan named [1488] Lynch Squad. They're straight-up neonazis. Link to clan page:

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000019755/

Ways in which their clan is appropriate:

1) Their clan emblem is a modified Confederate flag, a well known symbol of US Southern segregationists and racists of all stripes. 

2) Their clan name is Lynch Squad. Lynching is the term for the whites in the US murdering blacks in a campaign of terror. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching

3) Their clan tag is [1488], a reference to the Fourteen Words, with the 88 referring to Heil Hitler - H is the eighth letter, so Heil Hitler = HH = 88. They're literally quoting Hitler, which is the biggest possible indicator that this clan is promoting Nazism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

4) Their clan motto is a rephrasing of the Fourteen Words. Their motto: "We must secure the existence of our commanders and a future for light tanks." Hitler's Words: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children"

Please do not allow neonazis to proliferate on the NA server. Nazism is unacceptable. This is not a misunderstanding or an accident - they are deliberately putting out Nazi propaganda.

They haven't even had to change their name from loving Lynch Squad.

I understand why the game has a ton of terrible players even if it saddens me when they make a conscious effort to avoid improving. I also understand why this game attracts Nazis. Their money is just as good as anyone else's. I just don't get why they allow neonazis to espouse their propaganda other than WGA holds those same views.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Alright, who wants to join my new clan, Kill Whitey?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Overwined posted:

Alright, who wants to join my new clan, Kill Whitey?

The longest chatban I ever had was when I agreed with someone else about fat white people being the worst.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I think you'll find 1488 is actually a clan dedicated to the memory of King James IV of Scotland, the flag a reference to his successful rebellion in that year; the lynching refers to the death of his father and predecessor James III after the battle of Sauchieburn

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Hellsau posted:

The longest chatban I ever had was when I agreed with someone else about fat white people being the worst.

you realise you're condemning all goons here

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Valle posted:

Oh come on, it's not *that* bad, is it? I mean, here's my US stats, all from after it became tier 9:

Then again, it was definitely better at tier 8, back when I played it on my EU account:

I am in the same boat, I have not touched it since it was a T8:

Rorac posted:

As a person that is grinding through the Lorr, I have to say this: I hate that loving tank

I did good in it, but I certainly did loving hate it too.

Edit: Didn't realize HOW good I did in it till right now. gently caress, why did I hate it so much... Oh right it was not a 13 90.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 5, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

maev posted:

you realise you're condemning all goons here

Yes.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Goons are already condemned, really.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I biggest issue for the t9 lorraine is the bulk. There is a reason I talk about it as a t9 50 100. Some soft stats are improved over the 50 100, sure. But not enough for the difference in tier. And certainly not enough to make up for the bulk it has while seeing t10s on a pretty regular basis. I do love enemy lorraines though. The gun isn't stable enough to be shooting on the move, so they sit still letting me aim in for full pen shots in my bat 155 58.

Cardiac posted:

Eh, like that is new.
The AMX 40 is followed by the ELC, Slugger to T25 AT to T28, Tortoise to FV183, the TigerP to VK4502A to VK4502B.
Are there actually any line that is fully consistent in play style throughout the line?

Yes, any arty line besides the russians. There is a progressive jump in firepower at each tier. The most consistent of it is the american line. The others wallow with a mirror gun gun from the previous tier (tier bishop->304). Or end gun early (gw tigerp->gw-e100, though fire rate/accuracy improves).

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know, the Soviet SPG line is pretty consistent since you're in the same SPG for 800k exp :rolleye:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

In general aren't all the true medium lines for all nations pretty consistent?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
big special this weekend: grind 125k xp and get a free sexton 1!

actually it's pretty good overall, 50% off consumables + 3x first win + 15% off regular tier 8s

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 5, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BadLlama posted:

In general aren't all the true medium lines for all nations pretty consistent?

British line switches from fast flankers with fast firing pop guns to hull down slow moving slow firing rail guns at tier 8/9.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

T___A posted:

Now's the time for Ensign to swoop in and start posting Serb facts on Archive Awareness.

That's not really what it's for. If I was going to do SerBfacts again, it would be in the thread only like before.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So the NA mission is grind 125k with 3xs, choose the T14/Matilda 4 (whichever you own already) for the gold, and then next time there's a sale buy all the other premiums? Sweet.

According to the surprisingly competent HBFT:

HBFT posted:

Premium Account bonuses and the x3 multiplier will count towards the 125,000 XP.   

So about forty battles across the weekend, and we can play tier threes and actually have fun? Good times.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Orzanel just unlocked the Obj. 260, so if you want to see the thing in action you can head over to his twitch stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/orzanel

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

So the NA mission is grind 125k with 3xs, choose the T14/Matilda 4 (whichever you own already) for the gold, and then next time there's a sale buy all the other premiums? Sweet.

According to the surprisingly competent HBFT:

So about forty battles across the weekend, and we can play tier threes and actually have fun? Good times.

Hm, I'll need to buy more tier 3s.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hahahaha the NA forums scum are whining that 125k xp on a 3x weekend is too hard for 1500 gold. I could do that in by just getting the 3x on like ten tanks. Some dude is complaining because averaging 1500 xp on a 3x is too hard for most players.

The sad thing is he's probably right.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Kinda want to see you average 2800 base exp over ten battles now Hellsau.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
Yeah 2800 base exp even over less than ten battles is pretty much difficult to achieve, but if you believe you can, well good for you

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Getting 3xs on ten tanks, three times (once per day of the event) is easy. A 4k 3x isn't that hard, and including xp from losses should be enough for the event.

This mission is something anyone can do with a minimum of time invested. You don't need a million tanks, you aren't forced to play each nation or tier six+ or any other nonsense, just play tanks you like for the weekend and 125k xp is easy.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Prav posted:

I don't know, the Soviet SPG line is pretty consistent since you're in the same SPG for 800k exp :rolleye:

Yeah, but I tossed it since the t10 isn't anything like the spgs in the line leading up to it other than limiting horizontal traverse.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
I received a reply to my own ticket about Lynch Squad over a week ago Hellsau, so apparently they just do not care.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Any of those tanks worth it? I got a FCM and Matilda already. Never really like the T14.

Is the sexton any fun?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Is the sexton any fun?

No, not at all. I say that as an arty player. It is a terrible terrible artillery piece.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

JuffoWup posted:

No, not at all. I say that as an arty player. It is a terrible terrible artillery piece.

Yeah, why do you think they'er giving them away?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The sexton is the worst premium. Yes, worse than the premium Matildas. Yes, worse than the M3 LL. Yes, even worse than the T1E6, a tank that is worse than every tier one and sees tier threes.

I don't know if the Sexton is less pleasant than the Churchill GC, but if it is, then it is the worst tank.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Breaking news: a feature codenamed Sauron's rear end is in development for WoT

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

Any of those tanks worth it? I got a FCM and Matilda already. Never really like the T14.

Is the sexton any fun?

Good god, no. I bought mine when it was 50% off and when I saw it couldn't even reliably damage a Churchill III when it hit it on the engine deck I vowed never to play it again. If you don't want a T14, the best bet in the list of given tanks is the Locust since there are now US light tanks worth keeping over the long run.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Sexton is the only premium I have ever sold. I am an inveterate arty player and I just loving hated it.

I will probably go for the gold. I have a T14 already. Don't really love it, but I have a ridiculously high win rate it in. Pubbies can't pen it for poo poo.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nice, a free American heavy at the start of my grind from the T29 to the E5. You know guys, WG just might be an okay company after all.

Heh who am i kidding

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Mesadoram posted:

Is the sexton any fun?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Good god, no. I bought mine when it was 50% off and when I saw it couldn't even reliably damage a Churchill III when it hit it on the engine deck I vowed never to play it again. If you don't want a T14, the best bet in the list of given tanks is the Locust since there are now US light tanks worth keeping over the long run.

Since you have the Matilda, do the mission that gives you the matilda. BAM you get 1500 gold. Now spend 900 of that to buy the Locust. And then spend the 600 remaining gold on whatever!

(Or, as Hellsau said, wait for a sale and spend even less on getting the Locust! If you even want it.)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Prav posted:

Kinda want to see you average 2800 base exp over ten battles now Hellsau.

dis

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Well poo poo, was not expecting that responce lol

Valle posted:

Since you have the Matilda, do the mission that gives you the matilda. BAM you get 1500 gold. Now spend 900 of that to buy the Locust. And then spend the 600 remaining gold on whatever!

(Or, as Hellsau said, wait for a sale and spend even less on getting the Locust! If you even want it.)

That sounds like a great idea :-)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
SilentStalker going all nazi in the ArmoredWarfare forums now. I posted about him making a blog post about that 15 year old girl streaming tanks and he deleted it and also threw a hissy fit about it.'

I'm pretty sure he deleted every post that pointed out all his racist blog posts and sexist posts.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

SilentStalker going all nazi in the ArmoredWarfare forums now. I posted about him making a blog post about that 15 year old girl streaming tanks and he deleted it and also threw a hissy fit about it.

Just point out the blatant racist messages he posted about gyspies.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.

Agrajag posted:

SilentStalker going all nazi in the ArmoredWarfare forums now. I posted about him making a blog post about that 15 year old girl streaming tanks and he deleted it and also threw a hissy fit about it.
Link?