Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dubious posted:

if you want a MM 3ds and MM collector edition, go here now:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-complete-zelda-bundle/120653

this wil be sold out in minutes most likely.

This comes with 2 copies of MM?

The system and the bundle? Kind of an odd bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The system does not come with the game

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

This comes with 2 copies of MM?

The system and the bundle? Kind of an odd bundle.

The NA MM LE system doesn't come with the game pre-installed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The NA MM LE system doesn't come with the game pre-installed.

Yeah, I just researched it. I didn't realize it retailed for the same as the normal system. So people are paying $200+ for some paint.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, I just researched it. I didn't realize it retailed for the same as the normal system. So people are paying $200+ for some paint.

The system itself is $200 though. The MM system doesn't cost extra or anything unless you're buying from scalpers.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

eightysixed posted:

e: ^^^ again, im still voting SpillPassPi. I can't finish a set of the minigames without hitting 10 again while I'm playing. Immediately.

I'm still voting for Mario Golf :colbert:

I looked up SpillPassPi and it looked like an expensive crap load of work, is that wrong?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

The system itself is $200 though. The MM system doesn't cost extra or anything unless you're buying from scalpers.

He just said that though?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

He just said that though?

Maybe it's just me, but I thought he was saying people are paying extra for the gold design. :shrug:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought he was saying people are paying extra for the gold design. :shrug:

Yeah, now they are given the demand.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Jadaris posted:

I looked up SpillPassPi and it looked like an expensive crap load of work, is that wrong?

Well I was assuming most of us had a Pi by now. But, it's $60 bucks for unlimited street passes. Also you get a Pi out of it to do 1,000,000 other things with.

Also, its the least complicated thing ever. Copy files to SD Card, plug SD card in -> Unlimited StreetPasses.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Etrips posted:

I would advise caution if you have some wrist issues with large hands and are thinking about picking up MH4U. I would definitely look into picking up an attachable grip like this. When playing MH4U naked, I notice that my wrist start getting cranky if I play for a long time. And I have a tendency to flare up my tendonitis every now and then. So take that as you will.

I have small hands and games that require the stylus like Ace Attorney really hurt my wrists trying to balance the XL and play. However, the grip seems a bit excessive as I just learn the button shortcuts after a while to avoid stylus play. I'm watching this and yeah monster hunter seems pretty cool. I liked the demo and I enjoy cats.

eightysixed posted:

Well I was assuming most of us had a Pi by now. But, it's $60 bucks for unlimited street passes. Also you get a Pi out of it to do 1,000,000 other things with.

Also, its the least complicated thing ever. Copy files to SD Card, plug SD card in -> Unlimited StreetPasses.
I'm kinda considering this since I always wanted a Pi to stream plex to a SD TV. This would give me two good reasons to get one.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Housh posted:

I'm kinda considering this since I always wanted a Pi to stream plex to a SD TV. This would give me two good reasons to get one.

There's no image yet for the rPi2, and the B+ requires a small tweak right now. Get the B. Or wait a week until he releases a working image with/for the Pi2.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wait the MM N3DS bundle didn't even come with the game..?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Nope.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Louisgod posted:

Yeah that's shocking news to me too. The system cost the same as the black and red ones right?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dubious posted:

if you want a MM 3ds and MM collector edition, go here now:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-complete-zelda-bundle/120653

this wil be sold out in minutes most likely.

:lol: sold out.

Monster Hunter 4 Bundle still up

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Housh posted:

Yeah that's shocking news to me too. The system cost the same as the black and red ones right?

Yes.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Housh posted:

I have small hands and games that require the stylus like Ace Attorney really hurt my wrists trying to balance the XL and play. However, the grip seems a bit excessive as I just learn the button shortcuts after a while to avoid stylus play. I'm watching this and yeah monster hunter seems pretty cool. I liked the demo and I enjoy cats.

It isn't really the stylus use, but rather you will be using the L and R buttons a lot. I don't know maybe I am holding my system wrong or something. Either way I think the grip is going to be awesome.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
so according to NoA's twitter the part of President Abraham Lincoln in Codename STEAM will be played by supernerd extraordinaire Wil Wheaton??

I've been playing There Came An Echo and enjoy Mr. Wheaton's performances so I'm oddly okay with this but that is not the casting choice I would have first thought of

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Someone wanted pictures of a Decalgirl skin on a New 3DS, so here you go.

I generally botched this. My plan was to trim the decals so they did not cover any part of the hinge (the matte plastic parts, basically.) Thankfully, the backside decal is already cut in this fashion. I was too lazy to stop at a hobby store on my way home from school and buy a balsa wood razor, so I tried using a regular double-sided razor refill from my bathroom.

Yeah these things are beyond paper thin (the razor, not the decal,) bend really easily, and I basically hosed it up a little bit by carving a very unstraight line across the top. It's nearly invisible in the picture, but in person, on a scale from 1 to 10 (where 1 is "completely unnoticeable" and 10 is "glued case cutouts onto the top of my N3DS to store game cartridges") it's about a 4. It just looks like a light scratch, thankfully. I use awesome razor blades and cut myself in the process, suffering for fashion as it were.

The back I hosed up a lil just by removing it halfway on and reapplying it, which the instructions tell you pretty much not to do, since it may stretch the decal. I stretched it a little bit, but the only place where it's noticeable is along the bottom -- who cares.

However it now feels way better in the hand compared to that awful glossy slick poo poo Nintendo made the N3DS shell out of. However, instead of being a fingerprint (and grime) magnet, it's now a skin oil magnet (I got the matte finish.) You can already see the oil on the backside decal, from where I picked the drat thing up one time and brought it into my room to take this picture.

The overall quality of the decal itself is great, but the print could be a smidge better. Of course, this could be the fault of the guy who created this skin, but if you look really closely (in person,) the Hylian crest is ever so slightly blurry.

It's also not a 1:1 copy of the real faceplate. The creator cleverly (or forcibly) made the "text" below the emblem wider than it is on the faceplate in using a custom Hylian font in Photoshop, but literally no one will notice this ever.

enojy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 5, 2015

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
It looks fine.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cool so people were freaking the hell out over a decal on a new system. I thought the game came with it so I at least understood why people would want it (to save $40) but it was just over a gold system, once again.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kanfy posted:

It's 1048-9408-5600, any C-Callers are welcome because there can never be too much multiplayer in that game.
Added you, I'm 5343-9791-2614. (more friend codes for Curtain Call and other games can be found here)

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I hope the 4DS is the size of the Wii U gamepad and still ergonomic with 2 screens.

KennyMan666 posted:

Also I think I've hit a wall in Pokémon Shuffle, and that wall is Mega Gengar. Maybe I'll have to go back and grind up my Pokémons.

Yep... I don't feel like any amount of leveling is going to make a huge difference. It feels like it might be near impossible without spending 9k gold on removing a pokemon. I guess I'm going to blow my gold and try it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I hope the 4DS lets me smell things.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
The 3DS is perfect just the way it is, haters.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nolgthorn posted:

The 3DS is perfect just the way it is, haters.

We are talking about the 4DS you fool!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

noirstronaut posted:

We are talking about the 4DS you fool!

Guys do NOT update to firmware version 5.77 on the Nontendo 4DS. The last time I came out of the TV I was missing my fingernails

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Guys do NOT update to firmware version 5.77 on the Nontendo 4DS. The last time I came out of the TV I was missing my fingernails

That's because you forgot to turn off the touch panel on the back. That thing's a magnet that catches things going through.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You have make sure you hold your breath so they don't accuse you of pirating smells. I can't think of anything worse than being banned while inside the TV, you wouldn't be able to come out.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 5, 2015

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

KennyMan666 posted:

Added you, I'm 5343-9791-2614. (more friend codes for Curtain Call and other games can be found here)

Won't be on today anymore but I'll keep an eye out.

I did end up playing some guy on Advent Children's One-Winged Angel on Extreme and got wrecked. :negative:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

I hope the 4DS is the size of the Wii U gamepad and still ergonomic with 2 screens.

I hope they synchronize the two platforms and the home console is basically a docking station that lets you play big screen versions of games. Because what I'm learning is that portability is really great for Monster Hunter but so is playing it on a big screen with a real controller.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope they get a screen with a non-poo poo resolution next time.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Andrast posted:

I hope they get a screen with a non-poo poo resolution next time.

New gimmick will be an e-ink display underneath the LCD so the combined resolution will indeed be higher!! Imagine that authentic Game and Watch remix though!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how committed to the 3D effect they are and if it will be on future handheld systems.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wonder how committed to the 3D effect they are and if it will be on future handheld systems.

Considering the head-tracking of the n3DS, I expect any successors will continue to implement it in increasingly refined forms.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The next Nintendo platform will unify the handheld and home consoles into one thing, like a mix between a Wii U/3DS/Vita. You'll be able to play all games at home on a television or on the controller's 720p screen. The internet capabilities will still be lacking, and there will be no voice chat.

It will launch with Mario Kart 9, Pokemon Black The Third and a $5 port of the original Super Mario Bros. on the new and improved eShop.

It will be called the Wii 3, for some reason.

e: No 3D.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Soul Glo posted:

The next Nintendo platform will unify the handheld and home consoles into one thing, like a mix between a Wii U/3DS/Vita. You'll be able to play all games at home on a television or on the controller's 720p screen. The internet capabilities will still be lacking, and there will be no voice chat.

It will launch with Mario Kart 9, Pokemon Black The Third and a $5 port of the original Super Mario Bros. on the new and improved eShop.

It will be called the Wii 3, for some reason.

e: No 3D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides

eightysixed posted:

Well I was assuming most of us had a Pi by now.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but that seems like a really bizarre assumption. Anyway I guess I will buy one and give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can use lots of regular routers for homepass. just check if they're compatible with dd-wrt or another firmware that lets you change the mac