Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I ended up downloading YGOpro (should I have gotten Devpro? I'm really confused) and tried playing again for the first time in years. As someone who only played Synchros very little in the DS games, and Fusion in real life but not very well, of course I went and built a deck entirely for Pendulum and Xyz (copying the Normal Pendulum deck linked before, since that's easy enough to play)

Man, Pendulum is fun. It's super painful when you don't have the right scales but once you do and can just dump your entire hand on the field, not to mention Extra Deck monsters, it's insanely satisfying.

Also I got some hatred for the Burning Abyss monsters, less because of them and more because I seem to never draw anything good while fighting them, as if my deck just really doesn't want me to win against Dante for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Purely for the record, I use devpro and I'm happy with it.

Also, if those of you who know these things were gonna do it, how would you build a Naturia/Traptrix deck? All I can think of is Naturia Sacred Tree, lots of continuous traps and Magic Planter.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

Tried 6 months ago, didn't work. Tried today, didn't work.

:lol: Most of us have been using Devpro for the better part of a year without any significant issue except the occasional server crash. I think the issue might be on your end.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I ended up downloading YGOpro (should I have gotten Devpro? I'm really confused)

For reasons that have already been posted Devpro is better than YGOPRO.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Xoidanor posted:

:lol: Most of us have been using Devpro for the better part of a year without any significant issue except the occasional server crash. I think the issue might be on your end.

For reasons that have already been posted Devpro is better than YGOPRO.

Sounds like some half-rear end firewall issue to me. I'll deal with it later.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
http://ygorganization.com/summoners_art_reprint_when/

New Normal Pendulum archetype and new Red-Eyes cards.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm not quite sure I get how you're supposed to play that Normal Pendelum archetype. I mean I guess there is hearth of the underdog but Ignire Avenger is not really that great of a boss monster and all the individual monsters have really poor stats. :psyduck:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 62 now.

I like the show slightly more now that a plot is happening, but Vetrix is a really boring villain in both his motivation and how unabashedly evil he is. His sons are boring and incompetent, it's a drat wonder how Quattro's mental problems didn't become widespread with how much he loses his poo poo at the drop of a hat and Quinton just flat out sucks. The closest I came to liking Trey was when he actively sought out Yuma to see why he could be so positive and all that happened was him challenging Yuma to a death duel because reasons. All Faker does is sit in a chair and stare menacingly at things. Heartland does the exact same thing, but instead he does showmanship and make me question who the gently caress his voice actor is between Darren Dunstan and Marc Thompson.

I am so loving sick of seeing Utopia, it is such a boring design and the fact that it's been 60+ episodes and Yuma has barely used anything as his crux besides that is insufferable. How the hell do Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei (Pre-Season 3) have duels that use multiple parts of their decks to win to succeed and Yuma can just stroll with Utopia. Why is this tournament so god drat disjointed and messy? Mokuba was a better commissioner for Battle City than Nistro and Dextra and he got kidnapped. What is the logic behind the Duel Coasters and why are people just allowed to have their whole turn when they show up? Why did Anna come back just to be a sacrifice for Yuma? Who the gently caress cares about Quattro's sob story when he actively threatened the lives of other people while laughing at them and intended to damage Shark's reputation again?

Zexal is dumb and sucks and now I am going to watch Kite lose to Vetrix. Also I hate Vetrix's voice.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

VJeff posted:

http://ygorganization.com/summoners_art_reprint_when/

New Normal Pendulum archetype and new Red-Eyes cards.

What an utter waste of a neat monster theme.

Those cards are garbage and the TCG Normal Pendulums completely blow them out of the water.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Xoidanor posted:

I'm not quite sure I get how you're supposed to play that Normal Pendelum archetype. I mean I guess there is hearth of the underdog but Ignire Avenger is not really that great of a boss monster and all the individual monsters have really poor stats. :psyduck:

This strikes me as an archetype that needs some support to stand on its own. Their search effects work on Battlin Boxers, but those aren't that great either. I guess they could go well with Ultimate Baseball Kid.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Baseball_Kid

e:wait, there's a theme here? Because the only I see is "these guys' swords are also guns"

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 5, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

All I see is RotA-able scale 7.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

This strikes me as an archetype that needs some support to stand on its own. Their search effect work on Battlin Boxers, but those aren't that great either. I guess they could go well with Ultimate Baseball Kid.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Baseball_Kid

You'd be a 1000 damage short of an OTK. :negative:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

All I see is RotA-able scale 7.

Good point. Warrior support really is broken.

Xoidanor posted:

Thay depends. Do the monsters in the Pendulum zone count for the Kid's effect?

You can also use his burn damage effect to finish off your opponent.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

My mind must be broken because I somehow forgot about the other 4 monster also being able to attack. :downs:

I'm totally going to annoy the poo poo out of people with Baseball kid and trap stun once they come out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

heh lookit this scrub not using United We Stand and Solidarity. HEH. :smug:

paradoxGentleman posted:

Thay depends. Do the monsters in the Pendulum zone count for the Kid's effect?

They're Continuous Spells when in the pendulum zone, so no.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 5, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

This might actually work. I mean baseball kid would be super searchable and you could use the following card to fill any minor damage gap that your OTK might have. :getin:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Battleguard_Howling

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i love it when new archetypes make random worthless cards from ten years ago suddenly relevant.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm alright with more Red-Eyes cards.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Now if only the cyberdarks could finally get some new support. :negative:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

The banning of Future fusion hit that deck extra hard, but not nearly as hard as a meta where summoning a 2500 atk monster in one turn is not really noteworthy.

I hear they benefit from Dragunity support but if that's the case I haven't been able to pull it off.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Not enough for it to be noteworthy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

What possible support could there be to make those things good? Just do what Konami did, give up and embrace Cyber Dragons instead. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

What possible support could there be to make those things good? Just do what Konami did, give up and embrace Cyber Dragons instead. :v:

They need their own equivalents to all the alternative cyber dragon sthat have been released and that applies especially when it comes to Infinity.

Alternatively, I would settle for an errata that removes the "level 3 or below" limitation on their effect. :v:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So I'm to the point where the Shadow Riders start showing up, and this first rear end in a top hat uses Red Eyes. How is ol' Red Eyes these days? He was always a really lame Blue Eyes when I first got into the series, has he changed very much?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Xoidanor posted:

You just need to ship electricity collars to all of your opponents.

Maybe change your wardrobe too, that could help.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Momomo posted:

So I'm to the point where the Shadow Riders start showing up, and this first rear end in a top hat uses Red Eyes. How is ol' Red Eyes these days? He was always a really lame Blue Eyes when I first got into the series, has he changed very much?

Red Eyes is about to get some support actually! But for now, yeah.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Momomo posted:

Your timing couldn't have been better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWyIOLW-59A

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Arc-V is great and the Fantasia cards are real good.
Also I was off by a factor of three and there are only 6500 cards or something. That's not many at all.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The first entermages showcased in the last episode are now official and uh...

quote:

Entermage Trapeze Magician
Light Spellcaster / Xyz / Effect
RK4 2500/2000
2 Level 4 Spellcaster-Type monsters
(1) You take no battle or effect damage that is less than or equal to this card’s ATK. (2) Once per turn, either player’s Main Phase 1: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 other face-up Attack Position monster; during this turn it can attack twice, but is destroyed at the end of the Battle Phase. (3) If this card is destroyed by battle or your opponent’s card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 “Entermage” monster from your Deck.

quote:

Entermage Damage Juggler
Light Spellcaster-Type monsters
Level 4 1500/1000
You can only use the (3) effect of “Entermage Damage Juggler” once per turn. (1) When a card or effect that would inflict damage to you is activated: You can discard this card; negate that activation, and if you do destroy it. (2) During either player’s Battle Phase: You can discard this card; you take no battle damage once during this turn. (3) You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 “Entermage” monster other than “Entermage Damage Juggler” from your Deck to your hand.

quote:

Barrier Bubble
Continuous Spell
(1) Each “Performapal” or “Entermage” monster you control cannot be destroyed by battle or effect once per turn. (2) You take no battle damage from battles involving “Performapal” or “Entermage” monsters you control.

Barrier bubble isn't that interesting but look at those multiple effects. Why are these cards getting meta-levels of flexibility while Perfomapals get relegated to gimmicky combo plays? :psyduck:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

My theory is that, since Performapals are the main character's archetype, they can only change their effects so much.

That very same website published some more dub names, which I can only hope are fake.

quote:

From the German Website for Arc-V.
Futoshi will be Frederick
Tatsuya will be Tate
Yoko will be Yoko
Yuzu will be Zuzu
Neo New Sawatari-San will be Sylvio
Yuto will be Yuto

Zuzu? Really?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

My theory is that, since Performapals are the main character's archetype, they can only change their effects so much.

That very same website published some more dub names, which I can only hope are fake.

Zuzu? Really?

Sylvio makes up for it though. Also, Zuzu is apparently a German name or something and thus is likely going to be changed for the English version.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Zuzu is not a German name at all, sorry.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

K. Flaps posted:

Zuzu is not a German name at all, sorry.

Well, my information source of random posts on the Internet is inaccurate then.

But even with that I think keeping Yoko the same is the strangest thing out of these choices. I can understand keeping Yuya and his counterparts names in order to keep the Yu-prefix but keeping anyone else's original names doesn't seem the dub's style. Everything else seems pretty plausible though, wouldn't be surprised of its authenticity either way.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I guess if they're keeping all the Yu names the same it makes sense for his parents to have Japanese names too? It'd be weird for Shaun and Coco to have a kid named Yuya.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Endorph posted:

It'd be weird for Shaun and Coco to have a kid named Yuya.

Not when we find out Yuya and Yuzu are adopted! :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol why did nobody tell me Jinzo had gotten so loving awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft66NPCZDog

This is hilarious.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Syvio's the first good name that has come out of this dub so far, you did it 4kids. I'm not so keen on Zuzu though, that just seems like kind of a silly change.

EDIT: Also the Zexal II theme is so much better, oh my god.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 7, 2015

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Endorph posted:

I guess if they're keeping all the Yu names the same it makes sense for his parents to have Japanese names too? It'd be weird for Shaun and Coco to have a kid named Yuya.

Yuya's an Egyptian name, but yeah.

Zuzu is the only weird one. I thought the point of her name was to show she's a psudo main character.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Momomo posted:

Yuya's an Egyptian name, but yeah.

Zuzu is the only weird one. I thought the point of her name was to show she's a psudo main character.

It's cute you think she was gonna actually stay a main character. :v:

But yeah, I don't know why they call him Shingo in Japan. That dude's name is totally Sylvio. He even looks like he was always meant to be called Sylvio. It's the best name 4kids has come up with since Ray Shadows.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 7, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Kay Kessler posted:

It's cute you think she was gonna actually stay a main character. :v:

They would not be so cruel as to offer us the juicy fruit of a female character relevant to the plot, only to kick it out of out mouths with a spiked boot just as we begin to taste its pulp.

...would they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You could have used a better analogy there.