Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She's supposed to glide, not actually fly, though most of the time writers treat it as interchangeable.

Also, I hope everyone's reading her dialogue with the English accent she had in the motion comic version of the Bendis/Maleev run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

She's supposed to glide, not actually fly, though most of the time writers treat it as interchangeable.

Also, I hope everyone's reading her dialogue with the English accent she had in the motion comic version of the Bendis/Maleev run.

She has that in the Marvel Heroes game, too. So as far as I'm concerned it's canon.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes, he definitely should have referenced a one page joke from a 20 year old incredibly overrated book.

well it's certainly a good thing i was completely serious about it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jessica is riding a Buell Lightning. That's a pretty nice bike.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

a kitten posted:

well it's certainly a good thing i was completely serious about it

We could just ditch all future comics and replace them with reprints of JTHM.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teenage Fansub posted:

The last preview page of Bluewater's George Lucas biography comic, out today.
https://www.comixology.com/Orbit-George-Lucas-Rise-of-an-Empire/digital-comic/197804?ref=c2l0ZS9saXN0L2Rlc2t0b3AvZ3JpZExpc3QvbGlzdDU3NTU

I'm usually pretty driveless. I wish I never learnt to to swim :(

soooo, is that comic a joke or something?

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

cmykjester posted:

soooo, is that comic a joke or something?

No, the joke is Bluewater Productions.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

He's so dreamy. :allears:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How can you not love a company that made a comic about Obama's dog.

I'll only ever read their comics in three page previews, but Bluewater's great.

e: This is a comic you can buy:

ee: Can we just get a Bluewater thread?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 5, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Stephanie Meyer one is loving incredible.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
The Lady Gaga one is amazing.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

TheJoker138 posted:

She has that in the Marvel Heroes game, too. So as far as I'm concerned it's canon.

It was canon anyway. She's always been English as far as I know.

edit: Just like Blade.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Shameless posted:

I just assumed she was British because her name is Jessica Drew.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shameless posted:

The gently caress Blade was always british. Guy showed up talking like Shaft in Tomb of Dracula.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Lurdiak posted:

The gently caress Blade was always british. Guy showed up talking like Shaft in Tomb of Dracula.

Yep, born and raised in London. Think he got in with some jazz guys though so that probably explains his Shaft-liness.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Lurdiak posted:

Just as Doctor Strange will always sound like Doctor Orpheus to me, Blade will forever sound like Jefferson Twilight, Blacula Hunter.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shameless posted:

Yep, born and raised in London. Think he got in with some jazz guys though so that probably explains his Shaft-liness.

Blade is a weaboo, except with Shaft instead of anime.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Just as Doctor Strange will always sound like Doctor Orpheus to me, Blade will forever sound like Jefferson Twilight, Blacula Hunter.

Doctor Voodoo is Dana Snyder then?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Naw, he sounds like Chris Metzen doing his rascist warcraft troll voice.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Vincent posted:

Doctor Voodoo is Dana Snyder then?

No, Doctor Druid is.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SynthOrange posted:

Doesnt she fly? Why's she need a bike?

Of course she can't fly you idiot: she's Spider-Woman so she glides and shoots lightning from her hands.

"I consider myself bisexual" AKA: I've never tried but I bet I'd be great at it.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Kinda spoilery image from volume 5 of More Than Meets The Eye (which is great and people should grab it from humble bundle asap)

Tailgate got told he's sick and wants to talk to his buddy Cyclonus about it. Cyclonus has some fantastic life advice for his roommate.

http://i.imgur.com/An6YgU1.jpg

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

"I consider myself bisexual" AKA: I've never tried but I bet I'd be great at it.

There are photos of her doing stuff with Lady Starlight from before she blew up that make your argument here invalid.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

Of course she can't fly you idiot: she's Spider-Woman so she glides and shoots lightning from her hands.

These panels have been posted before, and I still have no idea what's going on. Is the pudgy guy making out with apparently-Lada-Gaga-I-guess?, then pushing her off the balcony and grafting his head onto her body?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

These panels have been posted before, and I still have no idea what's going on. Is the pudgy guy making out with apparently-Lada-Gaga-I-guess?, then pushing her off the balcony and grafting his head onto her body?

The comic itself (I bought it after seeing the insane panels posted here because I had to know) is told from the perspective of the fat guy, who's insane and obsessed with her. All three panels are from the Paparazzi video, where in the first two he's inserted himself as her boyfriend in it (who does throw her off a balcony) and in the third one he's become her. Because he's meant to be insane.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo! Charlie McCarthy!

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

TheJoker138 posted:

The comic itself (I bought it after seeing the insane panels posted here because I had to know) is told from the perspective of the fat guy, who's insane and obsessed with her. All three panels are from the Paparazzi video, where in the first two he's inserted himself as her boyfriend in it (who does throw her off a balcony) and in the third one he's become her. Because he's meant to be insane.

:eyepop: I'm honestly impressed they figured out a way to trump the bizarre decision to have Dracula narrate their Stephanie Meyer comic and imply that somehow Twilight was furthering his vampiric agenda.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SomeMathGuy posted:

:eyepop: I'm honestly impressed they figured out a way to trump the bizarre decision to have Dracula narrate their Stephanie Meyer comic and imply that somehow Twilight was furthering his vampiric agenda.

Bluewater Comics: The Company Still Fueled Entirely By Cocaine!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I would never in a million years have guessed that one comic is supposed to portray Kylie Minoque. Were a neck and face full of bruises part of her tomboy pretty features too?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MTME #38.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ensign_Ricky posted:

"I hate water. It's cold and gets into everything."

That's why the hero was from a planet without water.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

I've been testing out various tunes for Whirl to be singing along to.

When I figure out which one is funniest, I'll get back to you.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm partial to trying to fit it to one of the opening themes for the tv shows.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm partial to trying to fit it to one of the opening themes for the tv shows.

I dunno. Doesn't fit the G1 theme meter at any convenient point.

Based on Whirl's line "I want my hands back" in MTMTE issue... 10?, I sometimes imagine him with the Robot Devil's voice (that is, when he isn't Bender), so maybe from the big finale song from Futurama?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

I've been testing out various tunes for Whirl to be singing along to.

When I figure out which one is funniest, I'll get back to you.

In my head, it sounds like it fits the opening line of Pharrell's Happy.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Rat Queens #9

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
From wolverines 5, I'm pretty sure Sinister made this thing just for the pun:

It has a thor tongue.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Promo art/cover for Starfire's solo series.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

eruuuugghhhhjh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The MSJ posted:

Promo art/cover for Starfire's solo series.

Whoa whoa whoa, who made the decision to actually put clothes on her?