Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
If there's not meaningful information on the inside, he doesn't get a skill out of it. That's why the basics of European magic book was useless for him. It was totally about theory, there was nothing that would directly lend itself to a practical skill of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Man, this action arc is boring, when are they going to get to some training?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This but unironically.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
No irony here, friend.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

God, this comic is weird.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This action arc will improve when our boy Jee-Han realizes he can contribute and kill off one of the four golems with the help of Gnome and Fire chick, then he'll pull off some awesome stunt and in the process find a new skill book which teaches him something he'll immediately start grinding.

I wonder how long it'll be before Jee-Han can control one of those giant golems from the previous action arc without having to meld with it like the sorcerers did?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

This was actually a great chapter. The witch gets some badass lines near the end with "That's the price of respect" and wolfguy erupting plant matter to become a tree. No fighting really, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The translator saying that its all really stiff language in korean would be better in something before you read it all than in the comments imo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ice Phisherman posted:

This was actually a great chapter. The witch gets some badass lines near the end with "That's the price of respect" and wolfguy erupting plant matter to become a tree. No fighting really, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I like that she's very clearly unsettled about it when she says that but sticks to her guns nonetheless. She's probably one of the best characters in this series.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

GloriousDemon posted:

What's stopping him from writing up a "fake" technique book and learning the skill?

I guess the same thing that stops him from reading a Superman comic and coming away with Superstrength, Supertoughness, Superspeed, Flight, X-ray Vision, Laser Eyes, Freeze Breath etc.

It would be pretty funny though, if he tried penning his own Compendium of God Tier Bullshit to see if he could trick the world into giving him freebie skills. But he can just invent skills anyway so whatever.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
The books he learns from have instructions to do something in them. They're things people who don't magically absorb books into their brains would read to teach themselves how to do something. So in order to write a book he could absorb to learn a skill he'd have to already know how to teach the skill to others.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Gain a skill in writing skill books

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Honestly all these ideas sound really good but would gently caress him up royally. Look at all these super-powered dudes. They're here for what is basically a rare crafting ingredient. Imagine what they would do if they get their hands on a dude who can magick them out of the ether.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I really hope he dies in this arc.

And then realizes he never saved the game, and is prompted with a "New Game" option.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

CubeTheory posted:

I really hope he dies in this arc.

And then realizes he never saved the game, and is prompted with a "New Game" option.

That'd teach the rear end in a top hat to NOT LOOK AT ALL OF HIS MENUS.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
He's a (Korean) MMO, not a JRPG.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So hell get bumped down a few XP and reappear in town.

Unless this is one of those full loot kMMOs.
Then hell reappear naked.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So hell get bumped down a few XP and reappear in town.

Unless this is one of those full loot kMMOs.
Then hell reappear naked.

He'd be mad pissed off about losing those sweet, sweet ogre underpants.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That'd teach the rear end in a top hat to NOT LOOK AT ALL OF HIS MENUS.

Yeah, but think of all the grinding we'd have to watch again. Wait, think of all the grinding we'd have to watch again :allears:.

I do think that's a funny end to the story though. He dies heroicly, goes back to when he first got his powers. You can go dark and have him lose all his memories and be caught in a time loop, or go funny with him looking at the date, opening up a menu, finding a save option, and then pan out to his house with a big scream sound effect.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I have my doubts that reality is so fond of Jee-Han that it made him immortal. He is more of a running joke than a god, after all.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Serious Frolicking posted:

I have my doubts that reality is so fond of Jee-Han that it made him immortal. He is more of a running joke than a god, after all.

All the more reason to keep him around so it can laugh at him

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

This reminds me of a character from a book who pursued dark knowledge to save his dead wife, and ended up instead cursed to live forever without her. He's lived for thousands of years covered by shadow, unable to sleep or die or lose his mind and hating the world for many reasons.

Instead of that, Jee-Han is cursed to endure jokes about gaming systems and to never look at his goddamn options menu.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Hell for Jee-Han would be finally going on a date on with a girl, starting to really like her, and then when he tries to go in her house he's blocked by a big banner that tells him he needs to purchase that DLC before he can proceed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Bravo posted:

Hell for Jee-Han would be finally going on a date on with a girl, starting to really like her, and then when he tries to go in her house he's blocked by a big banner that tells him he needs to purchase that DLC before he can proceed 10$ keys which might open this door or another door altogether.

Fixed for maximum korean mmo immersion.

Fractial
Apr 28, 2005

When we spin we feel good.
The best would be if everyone in his party gained the respawn mechanic.

There, now we understand why the Gamer ability is so broken.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
He just needs to keep grinding his healing ability until he unlocks the resurrection spell.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 78 is out

:ohdear:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Christ this is a bloodbath.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Good ol' "I'll use all my power now!"

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Jee-Han sneak attack in 3, 2, 1...

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

Jee-Han sneak attack in 3, 2, 1...
Who?

Are there other characters in this manhwa than the Witch of Carnage and her Grand Warrior?

I think the evil guys are some kind of symbol of Wall Street.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Turn their corpses into money!"

"We gather in the name of Profit."

Fuckin lol.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
It's the goddamn church of the Orzhov.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"Turn their corpses into money!"

"We gather in the name of Profit."

Fuckin lol.

Fittingly for a comic called "The Gamer", they sound like worker units in an RTS. :allears:

The Evil Thing fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 13, 2015

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
I guess they were glorified SCVs in the end.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

C'mon Jee-han, make with the magic! I have to figure she'll be fine, but this is still terribly worrying :ohdear:.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Evil Thing posted:

Fittingly, for a comic called "The Gamer" they sound like worker units in an RTS. :allears:

The owner is a micromanaging sperg.
Gotta get that zerg rush on.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

bad touch

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
So, uh, why did she have so much trouble with that one golem anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

BlitzBlast posted:

So, uh, why did she have so much trouble with that one golem anyways?

Her spells are powered by sucking the lifeforce out of anyone and anything around her. She was fighting the un-living golem in the middle of an empty, lifeless urban environment. Her enemies had merged themselves with the golem so she couldn't drain them, and wolf-dude needed time and protection to turn into a tree and provide her with a power boost.