Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the hobo who shows up to the fight shaking from the dts is going to kill cm punk

Cody McKenzie isn't under contract anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the hobo who shows up to the fight shaking from the dts is going to kill cm punk

Finally the reveal of Vince McMahon's hobo army?

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I believe CM Punk, as a normal human being and as an adult man, actually drinks alcohol regularly and the whole clean lifestyle thing is just a "gimmick" and part of his pro wrestling character, maybe it he just started doing it as part of an "angle" and quickly realized what kind of "pop" he was getting from the crowds and how that might be good for his "face" persona, and now look at what a "draw" he is. Pretty sure we'll be seeing him down some shots when he goes out and celebrates his first MMA win. Curious what other fans think.

This is true except for the fact that he probably actually in real life never drinks because he is so goddamned carny and old school and committed to the gimmick. I hope he stays in character forever.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RBX posted:

Why the gently caress is this 47 pages and going.

Because MMA fans are butthurt about a WRASSLOR being in their sport and wrestling fans are butthurt that he's going to get creamed

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Chokes McGee posted:

Because MMA fans are butthurt about a WRASSLOR being in their sport and wrestling fans are butthurt that he's going to get creamed

Ironically enough CM Punk is being sued for his claims about being butthurt being fake

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Ironically enough CM Punk is being sued for his claims about being butthurt being fake

That doctor has some loving balls to him to go out and try and sue him, when his treatment for what turned out to be MRSA was continually giving him Z-Pacs (sp?), before going out to the ring.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jiro posted:

That doctor has some loving balls to him to go out and try and sue him, when his treatment for what turned out to be MRSA was continually giving him Z-Pacs (sp?), before going out to the ring.

Well yes, the idea that CM Punk is lying about this is why the doctor is suing him.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Jiro posted:

Z-Pacs (sp?), before going out to the ring.

Z-pac tagged with X-pac and Y-pac in a brief and ill fated trios run during the attitude era, you're thinking of z-paks.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 5, 2015

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

I wish people would stop saying z-pack. Mainly because I have no idea what it is, and assume most of the people using it don't either.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

freud mayweather posted:

I wish people would stop saying z-pack. Mainly because I have no idea what it is, and assume most of the people using it don't either.

It's antibiotics, basically. Punk explained it in the interview where he talked about the z-paks

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

freud mayweather posted:

I have no idea either, I just saw it linked in here in regards to CM Punks legal case. I think the doctor was giving him superhuman doses of antibiotics instead of solving his real problem? I don't know or really care. Someone else can probably explain it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Seltzer posted:

Z-pac tagged with X-pac and Y-pac in a brief and ill fated trios run during the attitude era, you're thinking of z-paks.

Can't wait for their King of Trios reunion this year

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Azithromycin is an antibiotic that usually comes in a pack of six thus Z-pak. It is used for all kinds of poo poo but is basically useless for MRSA.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

As a wrestling fan I think it'll be funny when he gets creamed.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
The Z-Pack is Zack Ryder's new stable

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

freud mayweather posted:

In his shoot interview, Punk talked about how every injury he got in WWE, no matter how serious, he was prescribed nothing more than a Z-Pack (antibiotics) by their incompetent doctor when in fact he probably needed surgery or at least some kind of more serious medical treatment.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Azithromycin is an antibiotic that usually comes in a pack of six thus Z-pak. It is used for all kinds of poo poo but is basically useless for MRSA.

Also the most popular brand name of the antibiotic is Zithromax and they use the "Z-Pak" name on all the free poo poo they give to doctors and stuff.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I have no idea either, I just saw it linked in here in regards to CM Punks legal case. I think the doctor was giving him superhuman doses of antibiotics instead of solving his real problem? I don't know or really care. Someone else can probably explain it.

It's not even a superhuman dose. A zpak is an extremely common 6 tablet/5 day course. It's like the go-to antibiotic dose of choice in the US.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So it's the grown up version of "Put some 'Tussin on it."

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
Well its extremely effective at what it does but yes I'm sure there are tons of doctors who have been all "take a zpak" when there was something a little more serious going on.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Z-packs work great for when you have some mild bronchitis and poo poo like thar, mrsa is serious poo poo beyond what it's designed for

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Pro wrestling is extremely epic and cool. Its about the story of man vs. man, man vs. god, nature vs. gold dust (some of the 7 story types). Sadly it's wasted on pro wrestling fans. Imagine this: You're just a regular guy. You drive your atv around and drink beers all the time. You have a hit podcast. Then, a call to action. Your boss damns you to hell and reveals that it was him all along. What's next? You go on a hero's journey . This is the story of wrestling. Good vs. evil. Gold dust vs. Evil Gold Dust. It's a passion play.

Some of that sounds like MMA legend Donald Cerrone, so maybe we're not as different as we think

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dangersim posted:

Z-packs work great for when you have some mild bronchitis and poo poo like thar, mrsa is serious poo poo beyond what it's designed for

As someone who has had a staph infection that quite possibly could have been MRSA (THANKS VA HOSPITAL IN LAKE CITY FLORIDA), the thought that he was just given a z-pak blows my mind. The poo poo they had me on poo poo that restricted me from loving sunlight for 10 days. I felt horrible the whole god drat time I was on them.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
If Punk wasn't a straight edge nerd he woulda got the good drugs.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

MRSA is so bad that when it's found in hospitals over here, the media have panic attacks, and for once, they might be fairly rational (by media standards) to do so.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
This thread and some recent posts in the MMA one have taught me "butthurt" is making a big comeback in 2015

cams
Mar 28, 2003

vainman posted:

This thread and some recent posts in the MMA one have taught me "butthurt" is making a big comeback in 2015

trendsetter

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

vainman posted:

Meanwhile characterizing folks who don't agree with you 100% as being irrational and emotional remains as comfortable as an old sweater for this spring's lineup of posts.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Aurain posted:

MRSA is so bad that when it's found in hospitals over here, the media have panic attacks, and for once, they might be fairly rational (by media standards) to do so.

I was an EMT in my younger days. I remember showing up at a house on the ambulance and as soon as we went in the cops who were already there starting yelling "Gloves, gloves, gloves!" Then one of them said "she's got mrsa" and the all the experienced guys made oh poo poo faces.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Aurain posted:

I never googled MRSA and always thought it was just some infection worse than some staph infection...

I've had a grand total of five knee surgeries and now I learn that over here, there would have been an other-than-zero chance of this happening?

:nms:
http://i.imgur.com/J6S69kV.png

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lid posted:

Nagashima would kill CM Punk and this isn't even a joke.

I know this, somebody just suggested cm punk fight a cartoon character so I linked a mma anime. Also CM Punk is a hyperbolic carnie poo poo so he probably did lible the doctor who is/was also on the us olympic medical team.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Byolante posted:

I know this, somebody just suggested cm punk fight a cartoon character so I linked a mma anime. Also CM Punk is a hyperbolic carnie poo poo so he probably did lible the doctor who is/was also on the us olympic medical team.

As opposed to Vince not employing a doctor equally carny in order to keep up appearances and keep wrestlers holding it together after performing splashes, slams, landing on the floor, taking bumps on tables, catching 300 lb dudes launching themselves in midair, not getting properly caught by said dudes after calling a spot and landing hard onto the floor, chair shots, three to four times a week again and again. Its no stretch to think Punk would tell his side of the story, parts sounding like a tall tale, but in no way is it a stretch to think someone employed by King Carny Vince McMahon would be somehow blameless. If that were the case the doc would be flagging everyone on the roster or almost for not passing their Wellness Program. Its as much of a sham as wrestling is real.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 6, 2015

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Counterpoint. The WWE's case rests upon a 5 minute conspiracy video they made of slow zoom ins on Punks rear end.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Counterpoint. The WWE's case rests upon a 5 minute conspiracy video they made of slow zoom ins on Punks rear end.

In an effort to show the lump on Punk's rear end wasn't literally baseball-sized like Punk figuratively said.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

In an effort to show the lump on Punk's rear end wasn't literally baseball-sized like Punk figuratively said.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 6, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dangersim posted:

I was an EMT in my younger days. I remember showing up at a house on the ambulance and as soon as we went in the cops who were already there starting yelling "Gloves, gloves, gloves!" Then one of them said "she's got mrsa" and the all the experienced guys made oh poo poo faces.

That must have been a very strange experience.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dangersim posted:

I get Z-packs for bronchitis once or twice a year along with steroids because my lungs are piles of asthmatic trash

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I never googled MRSA and always thought it was just some infection worse than some staph infection...

I've had a grand total of five knee surgeries and now I learn that over here, there would have been an other-than-zero chance of this happening?

http://i.imgur.com/J6S69kV.png

Yeah I'm really grateful mine was just a surface infection. gently caress staph.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I wonder what the regular WWE employee's tolerance to antibiotics are at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Shoehead posted:

I wonder what the regular WWE employee's tolerance to antibiotics are at this point?

Pretty high. The feeling at the time when Punk's interview went out was mixed. With some people seeing it as part of the job and that at one time or another everyone has worked injured (John Cena is basically falling apart at this point) and others who were behind Punk. Given that working injured is simply seen as the thing to do I'd say there's a lot of Z-packing going on. I mean Punk did poo poo himself in the ring because he'd been given so many antibiotics but you just get on with it, because that's what everyone else did.

• Locked thread