Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Winner is Jew posted:

I feel sorry when the police arrive and they're forced to respond with lethal force to those lawless thugs charging right for them.

e: I hope when the reporters are telling those kids that they're breaking the law one of them responds with "gently caress the police" and then takes off.

About three weeks ago at the local CQB airsoft arena we had almost an entire team get permabanned from the franchise for cheating, and one of their players got arrested when he tried to start a physical fight with the owner. During the processing before they drove him away, one of the chubby little 14-year-olds on his team with way too much expensive gear kept running outside to yell slurs at the police because he figured it was legal.

I was very disappointed when they didn't grab him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I love people...and...places. I love lamp.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

chitoryu12 posted:

About three weeks ago at the local CQB airsoft arena we had almost an entire team get permabanned from the franchise for cheating, and one of their players got arrested when he tried to start a physical fight with the owner. During the processing before they drove him away, one of the chubby little 14-year-olds on his team with way too much expensive gear kept running outside to yell slurs at the police because he figured it was legal.

I was very disappointed when they didn't grab him too.
I'm disappointed this didn't devolve into an airsoft firefight before the cops showed up.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Joementum posted:

A reporter asked the Capitol Police about that today and making snowmen on the Capitol grounds is not against the regulations.
I actually described this to my family earlier today as the world's most adorable police standoff :3:

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the day, "You're not going to be the sixteenth writer who asks me about Hillary, are you?I know you would not do that. You want to ask me about the state of the economy, unemployment, poverty. You would not ask me about my views on Hillary Clinton." ~ Bernie Sanders
It's always nice when politicians, regardless of party affiliation, just get loving sick of reporters and start to tear into them a bit.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I did too until I realized the kids were white. :smith:

I really want to see Rush's sex tourism get revealed with hard evidence(:gonk:) just to watch how fast he spins it as a liberal op to try and discredit him and undermine conservatism.

Ugh, I don't. I'd settle for an on air heart attack.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
By the way, Congress passed a law in 1876 prohibiting the Capitol grounds from being "used as a playground", but the sledding-ban wasn't added to the law until recently. Want to know why it was added?

That's right, it was part of a hardening of the security rules following 9/11. :911:

Skiing is also banned, except for cross-country skiing done solely for the purpose of transportation.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

In case you were wondering, moderate Democrats are still terrible.

Hard to believe that guy's not in the leadership.

What do we want?
Beltway platitudes!
When do we want 'em?
Ehhhhh...

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Joementum posted:

Moderate and pro growth lmao you can hear the corporate dicksucking through quotes.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They are the parties of yesterday. Tomorrow belongs to us.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

The good thing about alot of the NDC is that they don't have a spine, beat them around enough and they'll fall in line.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Crowsbeak posted:

The good thing about alot of the NDC is that they don't have a spine, beat them around enough and they'll fall in line.

gently caress the milquetoast center and double gently caress any of them who voted for Ronald Reagan.

If you don't care enough to land on a position and fight for it, you don't deserve to have a voice in this country.

I mean, say what you will about the Tea Party, but at least it's an ethos dude.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Greatbacon posted:

I mean, say what you will about the Tea Party, but at least it's an ethos dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReIAna459sg

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I hope Hillary becoming President allows her to feel like she has way more important friends now, and she doesn't need New Democrats or their poo poo initiatives or strategies.

I know her background was almost entirely that, but maybe once she's in the big chair she'll actually be mean to people she was once friends with!

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

quote:

That’s why, for the first time in its nearly 18-year history, the group is putting out a comprehensive legislative agenda.

The two-page document, obtained early by CQ Roll Call, lays out what the New Democrats think the party needs to do to compete in moderate swing-districts around the country, where Democrats have suffered major losses.

hmm... comprehensive you say...

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Nonsense posted:

I hope Hillary becoming President allows her to feel like she has way more important friends now, and she doesn't need New Democrats or their poo poo initiatives or strategies.

I know her background was almost entirely that, but maybe once she's in the big chair she'll actually be mean to people she was once friends with!

I hope I win the lottery. Now I haven't brought a ticket or anything so there's no reason to believe that that will happen and every reason to believe that it won't but still, hope!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

By the way, Congress passed a law in 1876 prohibiting the Capitol grounds from being "used as a playground", but the sledding-ban wasn't added to the law until recently. Want to know why it was added?

That's right, it was part of a hardening of the security rules following 9/11. :911:

Skiing is also banned, except for cross-country skiing done solely for the purpose of transportation.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

I hope I win the lottery. Now I haven't brought a ticket or anything so there's no reason to believe that that will happen and every reason to believe that it won't but still, hope!

I'm still holding out for her loving up and somebody else, even if it's that Northeastern guy O'lamey or whatever, gently caress it, go full bore Dukakis Dems! Forward!

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Nonsense posted:

It took Obama more than a few years to figure it out.

Hilary has been around long enough to know where all the levers she actually needs if she gets there.

Also Blackberries are a pain in the rear end to support and the WH went through a tech transition with Obama. Blackberry support is a proprietary cryptic nightmare I would have let her keep her own server if she offered to meet spec. That's the thing too, I would think she would be compliant with gov spec standard available. I mean Al Gores did invent the internet....

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BlueBlazer posted:

Hilary has been around long enough to know where all the levers she actually needs if she gets there.

There's only two of them, though? "Gas" and "Economy"? :confused:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Chokes McGee posted:

There's only two of them, though? "Gas" and "Economy"? :confused:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Another item from the 114th Congress Bingo Card: The White House has issued a veto threat against a bill that would prohibit the EPA from using "secret science" in its rule making (i.e. scientific studies with confidential patient information withheld for privacy reasons). The new bill also limits EPA funding for making such information public to $1 million per year, effectively forcing the EPA to halve the number of studies it performs per year.

A related bill which would loosen regulations on industry scientists serving on EPA advisory boards while restricting academic scientists from using unpublished science on the same and mandating such boards respond to all public comments (regardless of quantity or quality) has also been issued a veto threat.

I meant to comment on this earlier but was busy working and chatposting. We're involved in climate research through deep sea sedimentology and the like, and this is especially hilarious to me because most of the reasons we end up with data being under moratorium and thus unable to be published are entirely political to begin with.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Obama is going to veto so much over the next two years.

He's vetoed 3 in his Presidency so far.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Wow.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

The horrible truth is there is one under the desk label WAR

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

:effort:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

"“Find me one persuadable voter who agrees with HRC on the issues but will vote against her because she has a non-archival-compliant email system and I’ll kiss your rear end in Macy’s window and say it smells like roses” - Paul Begala

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
When it comes to insurance across state lines, doesn't Obama have an instant argument for keeping that limit?

State's rights?

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Chantilly Say posted:

When it comes to insurance across state lines, doesn't Obama have an instant argument for keeping that limit?

State's rights?

It's a bit more cynical than that. If Obama doesn't allow for shopping across state lines, he's restricting customer's Personal Freedom. If he allows for shopping across state lines and imposes additional regulations to make the system work, he's infringing on the sacred doctrine of States' Rights. If he allows for shopping across states lines and doesn't impose additional regulations, Obamacare will fail. No matter how it plays out, the Republicans get a good talking point just by raising the issue.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Can you just imagine if this run of job creation had occurred under a republican president?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Uh I think I'm having a recovered memories episode. I think this show might be one of the first things I can ever remember watching. It explains so much....

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the morning, “Voters do not give a poo poo. They do not even give a fart. Find me one persuadable voter who agrees with HRC on the issues but will vote against her because she has a non-archival-compliant email system and I’ll kiss your rear end in Macy’s window and say it smells like roses.” ~ Paul Begala.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The one time I agree with Paul Begala.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

baw posted:

Can you just imagine if this run of job creation had occurred under a republican president?

"I just had the most smug, insufferable, poo poo-eating dream..."

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

baw posted:

Even by Republican standards, the economy is doing great. Seeing them squirm on the economy is pretty awesome. Had Romney somehow won the election, the recovery would be called the Romney miracle and he'd have ridden to an easy second term.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
The worst part is i'd still be whining about stagnant wages but they'd be like "why can't you just be happy for america, love it or leave it"

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
Dems vow to protect Boehner from conservative coup

So, more good news for the stability of our congressional system, as the Tea Party is thwarted from REALLY instituting conservative policy and purging their ranks of RINOs.

It's good to see bipartisanship in action.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I kind of love that Boehner is on a lifeline the dems control.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Quidam Viator posted:

Dems vow to protect Boehner from conservative coup

So, more good news for the stability of our congressional system, as the Tea Party is thwarted from REALLY instituting conservative policy and purging their ranks of RINOs.

It's good to see bipartisanship in action.

Ahh the lead wall trick to keep radiation contained.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Early, but this is the obvious choice for quote of the day, "How many of you have got wolves in your district? None. None. Not one. We've got 79 congressmen sending you a letter, they haven't got a drat wolf in their whole district. I'd like to introduce them in your district. If I introduced them in your district, you wouldn't have a homeless problem anymore." ~ Rep. Don Young (R-AK).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Early, but this is the obvious choice for quote of the day, "How many of you have got wolves in your district? None. None. Not one. We've got 79 congressmen sending you a letter, they haven't got a drat wolf in their whole district. I'd like to introduce them in your district. If I introduced them in your district, you wouldn't have a homeless problem anymore." ~ Rep. Don Young (R-AK).

"Throw the poor to the wolves" a Christian Republican.

• Locked thread