Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Never thought the plastic toy thread would be the one to make me feel bad about my sub-20k annual earnings. :smith:

That aside, Jesus, who comes up with some of these designs?

Leather cowboy fedora Batman. M'Robin.

M'Catlady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
You guys wanna see wasted youthful spending? Check it out:

I have a bunch of these Dragon Quest - Legend Item Gallery items sitting on a shelf, gathering dust, that I collected for the sake of having. I don't even like DQ that much.

Anyway, I want to sell them if anybody's interested. They're drat cool.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Louisgod posted:

If it wasn't clear, I was joking.. we gotta poke fun at ourselves and each other to stay sane, otherwise we'd start sleeping with our toys.

e: I just got 5 digits back in taxes so you're god drat right I'm gonna blow some of it on toys. And a new fence, patio, new garden, painting the house, extra mortgage payment..

e2: never get old

Getting old is the worst. I have to blow cash on toys now, before all my extra money goes to ointments and hip replacements.

Just look at this thing.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 5, 2015

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's the guy playing the dude who's in a suit, who's wearing another suit...

OR

He's the dude who's playing the dude who's controlling a suit that's disguised as another suit.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
inception suit.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Yeah, sometimes those $400 toys are things you could have out in your living room as an art item. It's the same home decorating game people play with expensive vases or paintings.

In the same way, even though my wife won't let me decorate my house with $20 action figures, I don't feel bad handing a box of ML or transformers over to the neighborhood kids to play with in the driveway.

edit: saving up for a new hip, pfft I'll just commission hot toys to make me one, and it'll look exactly like my old one, win/win.

Vaporware fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 5, 2015

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Joe Fisto posted:

Getting old is the worst. I have to blow cash on toys now, before all my extra money goes to ointments and hip replacements.

Just look at this thing.

Yeah, this is a awesome feature. A full 1/6th scale Iron Man fits in there. :D

This weekend I am picking up my first set of Ikea Detolfs and been researching how to light em. Over on Sideshow freaks one guy insists on buying strips of LED lights and soldering em together wherever I make cuts but I can't do that nor have I ever soldered anything in my life. But the Ikea Dioder LED disc lights are what a lot of others use. With some clever wire placement and hiding I'll have a nice setup.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/00119424/

(( Not my photos ))

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

I collect all ML, and sparingly get Hot Toys (mostly just Captain America related stuff).

The Hulkbuster isn't out of my price range, but 900 bucks is the cost of an awesome vacation somewhere, so I'd rather do that.

The payment plans make most regular HT releases pretty easy to swing though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Never thought the plastic toy thread would be the one to make me feel bad about my sub-20k annual earnings. :smith:

That aside, Jesus, who comes up with some of these designs?

Leather cowboy fedora Batman. M'Robin.

I'm sure it's animized but Morrison had cowboy Batman when Bruce was fighting his way through time, right?

Is there an actual Iron Man inside the Hulkbuster or just the head?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

After some more reading its actually just a bust of Iron Man inside with full light up eyes and chest.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Scarlett Witch and Captain Marvel are currently $21.99 and $19.99 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SQ8PU1M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SQ97IFM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
I'd imagine you would be able to snag the hulkbuster a little later with one of sideshow's 30% off deals or something, 600 sounds easier to swallow than 900.

vkeios posted:

plz dont ever assume the nerd poo poo you buy is gonna be an investment. don't be the weirdo with the crate of ep1 star wars figures because surely people would want to buy this useless plastic

While this can be true, a lot of stuff has a pretty proven track record of either going up or at least retaining its value. I think there is probably an interesting economics paper somewhere in the value of Hot Toys and Lego, as both generally don't lose value.

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 5, 2015

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some behind the scenes of upcoming ThreeZero properties. You can see the turtles from the new movie, Rick from The Walking Dead, Jon Snow and Ned Stark, and Legion from Mass Effect. Im most excited for the turtles as I really enjoyed the new design.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
It's cool they got Fred Armisen to help with making the Turtles.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Vaporware posted:

edit: saving up for a new hip, pfft I'll just commission hot toys to make me one, and it'll look exactly like my old one, win/win.
Yeah, but it'll be 1/6 scale. :rimshot:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Aw leave poor Kim alone, he already has to deal with Ashley Wood.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

Im most excited for the turtles as I really enjoyed the new design.

You're a monster.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rhyno posted:

You're a monster.

I love all turtles and the fan backlash was a bit much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vintersorg posted:

I love all turtles and the fan backlash was a bit much.

I stand by my position of you being a monster.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cripes, Legion's something of an unusual choice, given it's a good few years since peak ME popularity, plus the fact its one of the more minor non-human characters from it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

If anybody wants to make some poor life decisions, I'm selling 6 of my spare Hot Toys Iron Man armors:

Mark III
Mark IV Secret Project
Mark VII Battle Damaged
Mark XX Python
Mark XXI Midas
War Machine

All boxed/complete, inspected for damage but never displayed

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Cripes, Legion's something of an unusual choice, given it's a good few years since peak ME popularity, plus the fact its one of the more minor non-human characters from it.

Well they're making (male) Shepard too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TMNT wasn't that bad of a movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CelticPredator posted:

Only if you're talking about the CG film from 2007.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like that one too. Both are alright.

Then again, I don't really care about those turtles. Never did either.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

The Rage posted:

If anybody wants to make some poor life decisions, I'm selling 6 of my spare Hot Toys Iron Man armors:

Mark III
Mark IV Secret Project
Mark VII Battle Damaged
Mark XX Python
Mark XXI Midas
War Machine

All boxed/complete, inspected for damage but never displayed

How much are you looking for each of them? I have a Tony Stark, but have been holding off on an Ironman just because there are so many of them, so I'm not in a big rush to pick one up.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CelticPredator posted:

I am going to loving stab you and no one would ever convict me

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Duke Igthorn posted:

You could just claim you were acting out a scene from it and one of the magic blades got loose.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

You could just claim you were acting out a scene from it and one of the magic blades got loose.

I could just show them the movie and hope they have eyes and ears

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Once I went to the movie theater and saw the new TMNT movie and I walked out and said, "that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

True story.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
This used to be such a happy thread.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Duke Igthorn posted:

Ninja Turtles are silly.

Movie was silly.

What's the problem.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

How much are you looking for each of them? I have a Tony Stark, but have been holding off on an Ironman just because there are so many of them, so I'm not in a big rush to pick one up.

Mark III - $300 shipped
Mark IV Secret Project - $600 shipped
Mark VII BD - $500 shipped
Mark XX - $500 shipped
Mark XXI - $500 shipped
War Machine $350 shipped

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Agrias120 posted:

Once I went to the movie theater and saw the new TMNT movie and I walked out and said, "that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

True story.

I really enjoyed the turtles themselves, it's a shame the rest of the movie was a turd.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

CelticPredator posted:

Ninja Turtles are silly.

Movie was silly.

What's the problem.

because my childhood memories were literally molested by Michael Bay
:goonsay:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Actually the new movie was pretty good, had some obvious story cutting, but things flowed, they nailed the turtles characters, the redesigns are pretty good and I cant wait for the sequel.

But keep acting like the old stuff was a precious piece of your childhood.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Anybody have any hands on experience with the 6 inch Batman animated line? Pretty much my favorite incarnation of Batman ever but I've heard pretty rough reports about the figures.

Also is there any hope of finding a Neca 89 Batman still, or is it eBay for me? I literally just learned this figure exists last night. I might get one of the nes ones and try to paint it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The animated Batman figures had a rough run on QC for the first wave. DC Collectibles delayed the second wave to go back and fix things, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm still buying them all since it's my favorite incarnation of Batman too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I dunno what I am happier about, the classic Superman costume or the massive articulation!

Here's hoping they don't cost an arm and a leg.

Edit - Via http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/dc-collectibles-breaks-down-the-articulation-on-the-new-icons-line/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NotAnArtist posted:

because my childhood memories were literally molested by Michael Bay
:goonsay:

You're thinking of X-Men.