Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ron color

FluffieDuckie posted:

this is what i get for saying that line drawn naked butt was ok
haha well i made it in the fall and im not sure dog has even seen it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai

they are just trying to throw out their shaken-up sodas in new and interesting ways

XyloJW

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: important update :siren:

i cut 25 squares out tonight. they're not very big. everyone get out your rulers and measure 5 inches by 5 inches. maybe even print your square out at that size and look at it. i'm concerned about ones like g0ms. it won't really be readable. there's plenty of time for revisions if you think yours won't look good at that size

I was thinking that too. 5 inches is like the size of your phone's screen y'all. keep in mind.

FluffieDuckie

XyloJW posted:

I was thinking that too. 5 inches is like the size of your phone's screen y'all. keep in mind.

you have a better phone than i do

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Grass Effect
please don't deny the butt of tut. that is the best work of art I've seen in this thread.

Machai

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: important update :siren:

i cut 25 squares out tonight. they're not very big. everyone get out your rulers and measure 5 inches by 5 inches. maybe even print your square out at that size and look at it. i'm concerned about ones like g0ms. it won't really be readable. there's plenty of time for revisions if you think yours won't look good at that size

what dpi does your printer print at? I think most are 300 so that would make the new image size be 1500x1500

Grass Effect

Machai posted:

what dpi does your printer print at? I think most are 300 so that would make the new image size be 1500x1500

Yeah these aren't going to be 300DPI, but I don't think anyone wants to work at that size

FluffieDuckie

Machai posted:

i love it when you talk techie at me machai

Machai

FluffieDuckie posted:

i love it when you talk techie at me machai

dpi= dots per inch, essentially how many on-screen pixels will be in an inch when printed. I believe the usual dpi of a home printer is 300dpi, but it would depend on the project I suppose. I'm not sure what you are printing it onto but I dont it would accept 300 dpi

Machai

I guess what I want to know is, when you print, will 800 pixels equal five inches?

FluffieDuckie

Machai posted:

I guess what I want to know is, when you print, will 800 pixels equal five inches?

well um, as ivy pointed out, when i tell it to print one of the options is 2 5x7 images on one page which will size them just right. so i clearly the computer magically does something to make them that size :shrug:

Grass Effect

Machai posted:

looks like the windows printing thingy automatically upscales them to a forced 5×7 or in this case, 5×5

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

well um, as ivy pointed out, when i tell it to print one of the options is 2 5x7 images on one page which will size them just right. so i clearly the computer magically does something to make them that size :shrug:

in the IT world, we call that "spooling"

FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

in the IT world, we call that "spooling"

there will be spooling machai

ron color
lol

Machai

FluffieDuckie posted:

it will shrink or stretch the image.

when you choose 2 5x7 images, does it have anything that says what the zoom % is or something? stretching would be bad because it can make the images fuzzy, shrinking is not as bad.

Machai

Grass Effect posted:

looks like the windows printing thingy automatically upscales them to a forced 5×7 or in this case, 5×5

oh, so it stretches them....hmmmmm

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Machai posted:

it will shrink or stretch the image.

when you choose 2 5x7 images, does it have anything that says what the zoom % is or something? stretching would be bad because it can make the images fuzzy, shrinking is not as bad.

Its time to click on advanced options Fluffie. You're gonna become techie today.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Grass Effect
there's only one option: post pics of a printed one and have us judge it intensely

FluffieDuckie

ok which image should i try this with? i'll print one out now

FluffieDuckie

Grass Effect posted:

there's only one option: post pics of a printed one and have us judge it intensely

i'm on it

Machai

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok which image should i try this with? i'll print one out now

ill try and set up a test image with like rulers and poo poo

FluffieDuckie

i just printed out the ron tut butt picture and it looks "awesome"

ron color
haha its not 800

woops

ron color
me: uh woops
doopleganger: :redass:

FluffieDuckie

ron color posted:

haha its not 800

woops

:negative:

ron color
i was about to pop in and say you guys were making this tedious task fun, and then i ruined it...

ron color
on the plus side now you have an original cartoon butt one of your computer friends drew

Machai

ok print this without resizing it

then measure the green/blue lines in the middle. if they are an inch, them the printer is printing at 300 dpi

pig slut lisa

irl is good

hi this is my submission, thankyou

the unabonger

ron color posted:

SexJow6.png

super good

Grass Effect

Machai posted:

ok print this without resizing it

then measure the green/blue lines in the middle. if they are an inch, them the printer is printing at 300 dpi

this 1500 pixels, so printing with with windows photo viewer at 5 inches will make a 300 dpi image (unless she has a poo poo printer, which seems real unlikely)

ron color
DO NOT print this

do not PRINT THIS

FluffieDuckie

look guys here's my printer. surely it says something useful in there that answers your question

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg7520

pig slut lisa

irl is good

FluffieDuckie posted:

look guys here's my printer. surely it says something useful in there that answers your question

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_printers/pixma_mg7520

fun page. i like the reference to brad pitt in se7en.

FluffieDuckie

(it's not that i couldn't figure out how to print without resizing the image. nope. that's not the problem at all)

Machai

FluffieDuckie posted:

(it's not that i couldn't figure out how to print without resizing the image. nope. that's not the problem at all)
ok

then I guess just try printing out my submission in the way you would normally and upload a pic or something so we can see how good it is

landy.
it's odd watching duckie go into stage 5

FluffieDuckie

Machai posted:

ok

then I guess just try printing out my submission in the way you would normally and upload a pic or something so we can see how good it is

ok so obviously the real life thing is way better than the cell phone photo of the real life thing but i'd say all in all the quality is "excellent"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai

looks good to me. 800x800 is a decent enough size for people to use then

• Locked thread