Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Froghammer posted:

I know this is just a thing that people say, but don't do that, it's just a shittier Eternal Witness.

It's just a second Eternal Witness, you mean!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

suicidesteve posted:

It's just a second Eternal Witness, you mean!

It technically doesn't care about Torpor Orb or Hushwing Gryff, either.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Froghammer posted:

I know this is just a thing that people say, but don't do that, it's just a shittier Eternal Witness.

Its not a thing people say its just RME's thing to repeatedly say that in the last couple of days to every single spoiled card.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

bhsman posted:

It technically doesn't care about Torpor Orb or Hushwing Gryff, either.

Unfortunately it doesn't get back whatever spell you used to cheat it and 20 other creatures into play with.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ungulateman posted:

Well, now that there's Actual Evidencetm I'll happily admit I was wrong. Tis the season to be wrong about Magic.

I think MTG would be way more fun if less people cared about being right or wrong about stuff :)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Mr. Peepers posted:

Unfortunately it doesn't get back whatever spell you used to cheat it and 20 other creatures into play with.

Eh, it's still another EWit effect for EDH.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You think Magic would be more fun without winning or losing? Hmm. HMM.

Angry Grimace posted:

Its not a thing people say its just RME's thing to repeatedly say that in the last couple of days to every single spoiled card.

Yeah I can't tell if it's intentional parody, trolling or just being cute.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

im sorry you dont have a baby themed deck with child of alara as your commander

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Spiderdrake posted:

You think Magic would be more fun without winning or losing? Hmm. HMM.

Yeah I can't tell if it's intentional parody, trolling or just being cute.

It's so low effort it doesn't matter what it's supposed to be.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Its like D- trolling. The Force of Will troll was a B and the trolling of buying the Force of Will troll and then talking about Force of Will's forthcoming impact on standard was like an A.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Is this from a new mobile DotP or something?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

cams posted:

Is this from a new mobile DotP or something?

Probably from that Magic Duels: Origins game coming out (DotP 2016 replacement?)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Its like D- trolling. The Force of Will troll was a B and the trolling of buying the Force of Will troll and then talking about Force of Will's forthcoming impact on standard was like an A.

hmm yes let me tell you my treatise on the nature of trolling in the wizard poker thread *puts pipe in mouth and blows out bubbles*

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Could Stratus Dancer be playable in a control sideboard or a tempo deck? A Welkin Tern without the drawback is an OK turn two play, and then later on it can be a negate attached to a reasonable body.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

RME posted:

im sorry you dont have a baby themed deck with child of alara as your commander

Ok forget my stupid Ur-Dragon idea this is MUCH better

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

forbidden lesbian posted:

hmm yes let me tell you my treatise on the nature of trolling in the wizard poker thread *puts pipe in mouth and blows out bubbles*

Hey if it stops Angry Grimace posting about cards I say it's a good thing.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

forbidden lesbian posted:

This post will go great in my EDH deck.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Could Stratus Dancer be playable in a control sideboard or a tempo deck? A Welkin Tern without the drawback is an OK turn two play, and then later on it can be a negate attached to a reasonable body.

I actually think it's a good sideboard card against the mirror in control decks. The other control player would have likely sided out most of their removal, so either it hits a good spell, or it eats a Downfall, both of which are pretty solid value.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Stratus Dancer looks really good at disrupting control fighting aggro, but control on control is an interesting dynamic for boarding it in. 3UU for a counter + a 3/2 flier is pretty solid if it hits a larger spell, and it eats two spells if it has to be removed.

I kinda wonder if some silly Temur morph deck is going to show up. I bet that will make Count Bleck really excited.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Hey if it stops Angry Grimace posting I say it's a good thing.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

Feast of Dragons - 4RR
Sorcery
Sacrifice all creatures you control. For each creature sacrificed this way, put a 4/4 Dragon token with flying on to the battlefield.
OR
Destroy any number of target creatures, for each creature destroyed this way, its controller puts a 4/4 red dragon creature token into play.

Not sure which is right.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Minority Deport posted:

Feast of Dragons - 4RR
Sorcery
Sacrifice all creatures you control. For each creature sacrificed this way, put a 4/4 Dragon token with flying on to the battlefield.

I've seen some alternative translations as well.

So this is basically Hellion Eruption except they fly?

E: I can't quite tell, that's just a rare, right?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 6, 2015

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Minority Deport posted:

Feast of Dragons - 4RR
Sorcery
OR
Destroy any number of target creatures, for each creature destroyed this way, its controller puts a 4/4 red dragon creature token into play

Not sure which is right.

It looks like that Dragon's Maze Izzet card.

E:dragonshift

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 6, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: I can't quite tell, that's just a rare, right?
That appears to be our wacky red mythic, sorry :(

Does lend credence to the theory Sarkhan is red / x though (or not a walker at all but I'm not holding my breath)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

That appears to be our wacky red mythic, sorry :(

Holy gently caress that's awful

E: Hellion Eruption was just a rare, what the gently caress Wizards

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I do dig the flavor of offering your creature's bodies for some dragon goodness, though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Hey if it stops Angry Grimace posting about cards I say it's a good thing.

Oh cool do I get to be mcmagic now?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I prefer Angry Grimace to dumb poster call outs and empty posting. :)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Angry Grimace posted:

Oh cool do I get to be mcmagic now?
Let the ellipsis force embrace you. Take up your period key, and strike down the thread with its fury...

Interesting note: So far this set is multicolor dragon mythics, multicolor dragon rares, dragon commands at rare, a multicolor walker and the one article implied there is a cycle of multicolor uncommons. Feels like only the dragons kept multicolor? Maybe?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Terrible new player question. Been working on constructing a Sultai Control deck since I got an Ugin out of my first draft ever the other day. Looking around online, I see land looking a lot like this a lot:
2 Island
3 Swamp
2 Llanowar Wastes
4 Opulent Palace
4 Polluted Delta
2 Temple of Deceit
4 Temple of Malady
1 Temple of Mystery
2 Yavimaya Coast
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Often there's 1 Bloodstained Mire as well.

What's the purpose for the Yavimaya, Llanowar and the Mire? Why not throw in different scry or the life gain lands? I actually have all of that except for the 4 Temple of Malady, which I'm replacing with a Jungle Hollow at the moment.

Also, Mindscour Dragon is hilarious and has performed very well for me in my drafting so far.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Holy gently caress that's awful

E: Hellion Eruption was just a rare, what the gently caress Wizards

While it's still not a great mythic, there is worlds of difference between 4/4s and 4/4 flyers and it's at the same CMC. Just be glad one more mythic not making you pay for it!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Alaan posted:

While it's still not a great mythic, there is worlds of difference between 4/4s and 4/4 flyers and it's at the same CMC. Just be glad one more mythic not making you pay for it!

I will give it that it would make a hilarious finisher in Jeskai Ascendancy but still

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Dohaeris posted:

Terrible new player question. Been working on constructing a Sultai Control deck since I got an Ugin out of my first draft ever the other day. Looking around online, I see land looking a lot like this a lot:
2 Island
3 Swamp
2 Llanowar Wastes
4 Opulent Palace
4 Polluted Delta
2 Temple of Deceit
4 Temple of Malady
1 Temple of Mystery
2 Yavimaya Coast
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Often there's 1 Bloodstained Mire as well.

What's the purpose for the Yavimaya, Llanowar and the Mire? Why not throw in different scry or the life gain lands? I actually have all of that except for the 4 Temple of Malady, which I'm replacing with a Jungle Hollow at the moment.

Also, Mindscour Dragon is hilarious and has performed very well for me in my drafting so far.

Usually pain lands in place of Scry or Gain lands is because you want a certain ratio of lands that come into play untapped in order to not lose tempo. If you need to cast a Bile Blight on Turn 2 or a 3-drop on Turn 3, that becomes hard when all but 5 of your lands come into play tapped. Bloodstained Mire is solely there to further enable your delve spells. Also provides a slight benefit when you have Courser out and need to shuffle away a useless card on top of your deck.

qbert fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 6, 2015

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Minority Deport posted:

Feast of Dragons - 4RR
Sorcery
OR
Destroy any number of target creatures, for each creature destroyed this way, its controller puts a 4/4 red dragon creature token into play.

Not sure which is right.

MTGS says the correct language is the second one e.g. Battlefield Thaumaturge works on this.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Minority Deport posted:

Feast of Dragons - 4RR
Sorcery
OR

Not sure which is right.

nice i can play this in my Crosis, The Purger EDH deck where i also use dragonshift + hivemind, conspiracy, and xenograft to make it so that everyone MUST play dragons

MUST.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Minority Deport posted:

Feast of Dragons - 4RR
Sorcery
OR

Not sure which is right.

This will go great in RME's dragon EDH deck.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This will go great in RME's dragon EDH deck.

man i already said this

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Man, so far this set seems super Timmy.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Man, so far this set seems super Timmy.

It's Dragons: The Movie: the Set: The Game

It kind of comes with the territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's Dragons: The Movie: the Set: The Game

It kind of comes with the territory

It does, but I'd like to think there'd at least be a few cards spoiled by now I'd be interested in building around.

• Locked thread