Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Flipswitch posted:

Any of the games worth watching tonight guys? got in late tonight.

E: lol wtf EL lost to CW? bahahah

You have to watch the Elements game obviously. It's loving madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flipswitch posted:

Any of the games worth watching tonight guys? got in late tonight.

E: lol wtf EL lost to CW? bahahah

Fnatic v. SK was pretty good. Gambit v. H2K was pretty good.

You can watch UoL v. Roccat if you want to see a dream die.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Fnatic v. SK was pretty good. Gambit v. H2K was pretty good.

You can watch UoL v. Roccat if you want to see a dream die.
Oh my god, what happened to them? My UOL. :(

Libertine posted:

You have to watch the Elements game obviously. It's loving madness.
Yeah I'm skimreading the reddit post match thread comments and it sounds like a wild one, I'll check it, GMB vs H2K and FNC vs SK games for sure.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
For as lovely as both teams are, MYM played really well in their Game 1. I doubt anyone is falling over themselves to watch a matchup like MYM/GIA but that game was actually decent and MYM executed really well with their new support player not sucking rear end (a big step up from Nisbeth).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I kind of have a soft spot for Giants for representing :spain:

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Libertine posted:

For as lovely as both teams are, MYM played really well in their Game 1. I doubt anyone is falling over themselves to watch a matchup like MYM/GIA but that game was actually decent and MYM executed really well with their new support player not sucking rear end (a big step up from Nisbeth).

Agreed with this, far more exciting than the Gambit game which was really just a stomp in slow motion. (I might just be bitter as a Gambit fan but I don't think so :shobon:) Showed actual signs of progress on MYM's part, and not just on the personnel swap

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Good to see Wickd hasn't changed at all.

How did SK know where Huni was when he was backing? @23.50

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 6, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Haven't been watching games lately..what the hell happened to UoL today??

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Crumbz, Alex Ich, RF Legendary, Yuno and C9 Intense started a ranked 5 team. This seems pretty interesting and I hope it works out!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Crumbz, Alex Ich, RF Legendary, Yuno and C9 Intense started a ranked 5 team. This seems pretty interesting and I hope it works out!

lol

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

I just want Alex and Yuno to be in the LCS. I think genuinely, outside of Madlife, Yuno is the best thresh I've ever seen, judging from her time in China at least. To be honest, I think I'd most like to see her paired with Veritas. I think they are both strong contenders for best in role in NA outside of the LCS.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

foutre posted:

I just want Alex and Yuno to be in the LCS. I think genuinely, outside of Madlife, Yuno is the best thresh I've ever seen, judging from her time in China at least. To be honest, I think I'd most like to see her paired with Veritas. I think they are both strong contenders for best in role in NA outside of the LCS.

It's so strange that players of this caliber are in challenger limbo.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Poor Alex, now he has to deal with Crumbz.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

foutre posted:

But how is she at non-Thresh supports and at general support meta game stuff like warding/clearing, etc.? Being a Thresh God isn't the same as being a legitimately professional level support overall. I mean, I'd love to see her in the LCS too, but it would be a shame to see her (or any Challenger players really) get in and the flounder because being good in solo queue isn't the same as being good against Fnatic/SK/TSM/CLG or your choice of Korean/Chinese teams.

Oh, and how has Alex Ich looked? He's a sub for Team 8 already and if they don't get relegated there should be a spot open on the team next year if/when Cali goes to school. If Alex has gotten back into form I could go for a Team 8 led by Alex Ich.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh, and how has Alex Ich looked? He's a sub for Team 8 already and if they don't get relegated there should be a spot open on the team next year if/when Cali goes to school. If Alex has gotten back into form I could go for a Team 8 led by Alex Ich.

Him being a sub for t8 is only them doing him a favor for visa purposes, I don't think there is any intention of him actually playing for them in any capacity.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
If anyone is watching SKT v KTR, this is Juggermaw comp with double AD is the most stupidly greedy thing I've seen. They totally deserve to lose this game.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
None of you jokers told me there is a hawk in the current LCK hype video and I am holding each of you personally accountable

Little shits

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Honestly the games look really lopsided today - I think the only good one will be H2K and CW and even that could reasonably end up being a stomp.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
Good lord, Shook. Don't make "jokes" about Amazing being in the Challenger Series when you're currently performing much worse than his team is. That was painful and no one laughed.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Lee Sin first pick from Roccat....

Edit: Nukeduck is a great TF player, I look forward to this. But I don't know about picking it blind.

Edit2: NM, that would be too much AD I am dumb..

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 6, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Not a lot of damage this game.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bit late today but:

Roccat - SK
Elements - UOL
Fnatic - MYM
H2K - CW
Gambit - Giants

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Freaksaus posted:

Bit late today but:

Roccat - SK
Elements - UOL
Fnatic - MYM
H2K - CW
Gambit - Giants

I agree with these predictions.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

I kind of have a soft spot for Giants for representing :spain:

I can't wait for Origen to get in, mostly because they'll probably be a middling team and xPeke can laugh more that he's getting people to pay him and four others to chill in Tenerife and play League.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I like Roccat's team composition better (minus the Lee Sin), especially because of the balls to bring out the Twisted Fate who is the best champion in the game.

But SK will probably piledrive them with Rengar/Gnar shockwave wombos.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
who is Forgiven rolling with?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

...I have to admit, that's a new one for Shockwave for me.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

exethan posted:

who is Forgiven rolling with?

Cable (graves)

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I don't really understand the point of picking TF if you aren't going to ult once before level 11...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Killed By Death posted:

I don't really understand the point of picking TF if you aren't going to ult once before level 11...

He did! He ulted top lane and they killed Nami and got a tower.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

He did! He ulted top lane and they killed Nami and got a tower.

Oh, I wasn't paying much attention and thought he just walked up :nyoron:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
nuke has had some really sick TF games in the past, only just tuned in and have no idea what's been going on tho

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Roccat is just the most desperate team. What an awful, awful baron attempt.

Bankerfox
Oct 11, 2012
What the hell was that? Roccat gets a good fight, gets baron, then throws themselves in the dumpster.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Roccat please dump Woolite and pick up Tabbz.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
This game has been so much fun to watch. Fox is really the make or break player on SK atm.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Freaksaus posted:

"I got the kill guys." "I got him."

"We got aced man"

"Worth"

*NIIIIIIIIIICE*

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Freaksaus posted:

yesssss.

also forgiven just solo taking that tower and inhib while roccat all did baron was some gangster poo poo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lol woolite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I actually don't mind trading kills for objectives provided that the gold lead doesn't go out of control. I think the exp from kills can help a lot.

• Locked thread