Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

hmmm....

touch targets significantly smaller than the finger you use to interact with them. where have we seen that before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

infernal machines posted:

hmmm....

touch targets significantly smaller than the finger you use to interact with them. where have we seen that before?

pretty sure in the announcement video where they showed how they worked and why they shouldnt be poo poo

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm waiting for the 1/8th inch jack

do you think they might go for 'pro' audio on the beats edition and have a 1/4th inch jack on the watch?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i'm waiting for the 1/8th inch jack

do you think they might go for 'pro' audio on the beats edition and have a 1/4th inch jack on the watch?

nobody wants a drat cord hanging from their wrist to their head idiot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's pretty stupid too since the thing doesn't work without an iphone really anyway

playback controls, sure, but nobody's going to be loading their katie perry jams on their watch

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

playback controls, sure, but nobody's going to be loading their katie perry jams on their watch

counterpoint - all the tons of people who modded old ipod nanos were they? into watches

if they were msft they would have went full strike at bat with that and made wrist mp3 players galore

but its apple so they actually understand what's going on so they didnt and wont

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the watch is bad and stupid and they'll sell a bunch at first to morons and then no one will ever upgrade or buy any more. its apples version of glass

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Sniep posted:

nobody wants a drat cord hanging from their wrist to their head idiot

you keep saying this but u know deep down that this is what a lot of people want

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Beast of Bourbon posted:

you keep saying this but u know deep down that this is what a lot of people want

no. it's not. nobody wants that.

maybe from the iphone in their pocket to their head so they can hear their choons interrupted when they get a call and take the call, but not from their wrist.

nobody wants the cord going to their wrist.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's almost as if bluetooth doesn't exist

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what if that same cord was the one going to their mophie XL pack that can keep the apple iwatch powered through an 8 hour day at work?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

triple sulk posted:

it's almost as if bluetooth doesn't exist

i also think BT should be redundant in your watch and your phone

double the radios double the fun

or should i say..

double the Beats™

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Blue Train posted:

the watch is bad and stupid and they'll sell a bunch at first to morons and then no one will ever upgrade or buy any more. its apples version of glass

the hip, edgyt, unique opionon we needed on this, page fourteen of the aaple watch threasd

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
how big do u think the speaker in the apple iwatch BEATS edition will be?

block rockin or just coffee-table-boombox sized?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

too bad apple couldnt solve the arm hair problem and deliver any of the unique health features they promised months ago

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Beast of Bourbon posted:

how big do u think the speaker in the apple iwatch BEATS edition will be?

block rockin or just coffee-table-boombox sized?

exactly the size of the hifi with a red b on the side

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

the hip, edgyt, unique opionon we needed on this, page fourteen of the aaple watch threasd

your welcome I feel sometimes the pos gets too caught up in circlejerks sometimes and needs a contrarian edge

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

exactly the size of the hifi with a red b on the side

sniep, do u think the new hifi will have a wireless connector for the watch or now do you see why you need that 1/8th in / 1/4th in / optical out jack so you can play your dope iTunes playlist to everybody in earshot?!?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
cremnob get out of this thread and go post on the flame thread

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Beast of Bourbon posted:

sniep, do u think the new hifi will have a wireless connector for the watch or now do you see why you need that 1/8th in / 1/4th in / optical out jack so you can play your dope iTunes playlist to everybody in earshot?!?

i dont follow your question

everyone's audio desires are different.

some want bluetooth to their headphones, some want cabled inputs and some want to share their music

nobody wants to do that from their watch in the context of the watch

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

too bad apple couldnt solve the arm hair problem and deliver any of the unique health features they promised months ago

the health hires they made were months before the first announcement so they were never gonna ship them in the first one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Celexi posted:

cremnob get out of this thread and go post on the flame thread

he can't, it's too contrived for his organic shitposting style

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

where'd you read that?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

redhotapplerumors.com

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Blue Train posted:

glass failed more because google gave up on it than any issues with the product itself

not to imply that there weren't issues with the product, just that they could've had it last a lot longer

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

computer parts posted:

glass failed more because google gave up on it than any issues with the product itself

not to imply that there weren't issues with the product, just that they could've had it last a lot longer

looks like a clown wearing them, giant gently caress all ear piece that is conveniently hidden in any product shot
has 20 minute battery life

Nothing google could do was going to fix this pos and I'm glad they killed it because it makes a bunch of people who spent $1500 United States earth dollars look like even bigger chumps

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Ah, yes!! my favorite organizational structure - the "pile"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

uncurable mlady posted:

where'd you read that?

wsj I think

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yah, google this url

http://www.wsj.com/articles/challenge-of-apple-watch-defining-its-purpose-1424133615

end of the article

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

computer parts posted:

on the contrary, they went all in on a device that came waaaay before anything approaching maturity

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they promised step tracking which it has and a pulse meter and it has one*, the rest of that "oh they had to drop functionality" was idiots trying to make a story, the feature set for the thing was probably set close to a year ago

*wrist pulse meters aren't very good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Wild EEPROM posted:

it's a rolex 3135 movement.

it's not well finished but it is reliable and accurate and durable

for values of "accurate" worse than the cheapest quartz watch ever made

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sir Jony Ives posted:

"the molecules are closer together in Apple gold."

purestrain lmao

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

purestrain lmao

the gold used by apple is much more valuable than regular gold, it's 8 karat, the lower the number the better

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

they promised step tracking which it has and a pulse meter and it has one*, the rest of that "oh they had to drop functionality" was idiots trying to make a story, the feature set for the thing was probably set close to a year ago

*wrist pulse meters aren't very good

step trackers and pulse monitors already exist

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

step trackers and pulse monitors already exist

yes and because they exist they are built-in to the new apple watch, this story that they promised anything beyond that is false

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the gold used by apple is much more valuable than regular gold, it's 8 karat, the lower the number the better

it's gold ceramic composite or some poo poo

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

qirex posted:

for values of "accurate" worse than the cheapest quartz watch ever made

mechanical watches are cool because they're fascinating devices, not because they're the best thing at their job

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/fc1b9aaa-c31c-11e4-ac3d-00144feab7de.html#slide0

they compare it to the Lisa in the 4th paragraph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

why not compare it to the 20th anniversary mac?

• Locked thread