Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

let em trigger

but that's insensitive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

shiksa posted:

how's that a "counter" point

I can't eat a baby in a bite. I've tried

cams
Mar 28, 2003

shiksa posted:

heres the thing tho

you look at a burg, piled high and mighty with its toppings, and you say to yourself

"my god

what a majestic burg

jesus is truly lord"

and then you try and chomp down on that mother.

PROBLEM

it is too large!

see, here is the benefit of a burrito

while it may hide ingredients, at no point is it too large to take a bite

an honest food, a noble food
bad writing aside, i do think that burgers too large to bite into without modifications are dumb

slaters 50/50 is the only place i go to occasionally where i run into this problem, but they hit the limit of edibility. any time i see those burgers or "food creations" where you'd either have to take it apart or go at it with a fork and knife, i am annoyed because that destroys the beauty of a burger. burgers are beautiful because of both taste and function. grab that poo poo, slam it in yo mouth, enjoy pleasure. when you remove ease of access, you remove what makes a burger so wonderful.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
top level burrito game right here:

pulled pork
chihuahua cheese
refried pinto beans
pico de gallo
salsa verde
cilantro-lime rice

ULTIMATE BURRITO

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

VendaGoat posted:

I can't eat a baby in a bite. I've tried

burger and satan MEGATHREAD

also, only californians amd mexicans are allowed to talk about burritos.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

for goons like myself, Glasgow is like the capital of amazing burgers in the uk.

here's a couple from my recent visit to the record faktory in the west end

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

reformed bad troll posted:

for goons like myself, Glasgow is like the capital of amazing burgers in the uk.

here's a couple from my recent visit to the record faktory in the west end

does this burg have a pork chop on it? these burgs arent doing it for me sorry

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

These burgers are way too vetically large for my tastes. I Like a burger I can handle and bite without the use of a fork and knife.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

gently caress that I love burgs

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

a large trout posted:

why are you cursing your love of burgs? you should exhalt in it. halleluja that i live burgs.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.
I've been on burg binge for last three days

help me

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
those burgs are stupid, you basically have to dismantle them to eat them. that's just a bunch of poo poo piled up and called a burg. no go in my book, a burg is a burg only if you can actually eat it like a burg should be eaten

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
someone needs to fly a plane into these gay rear end burgs

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

shiksa posted:

top level burrito game right here:

pulled pork
chihuahua cheese
refried pinto beans
pico de gallo
salsa verde
cilantro-lime rice

ULTIMATE BURRITO

who milks the chihuahuas?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a large trout posted:

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I agree with two other idea in this thread too. I'm not a fan of doubles/triples unless the patties are extremely thin. I also am not a fan of those elaborate huge burgers that have to be dismantled and eaten in pieces. If you can't get your mouth around it then it's not the best.

cams posted:

you know why this one is so perfect? everything involved from the bun, the burgers, the cheese, looks super inexpensive. given some real love and care, i could prepare it myself. it's the american dream in burger form, except not bullshit.

I agree 100%. There are some drat good looking other burgers in that one post alone, but for whatever reason that one picture just appeals to my primal side that loves meat. Sure I'd probably throw an onion or something on it, but DAMNIT it looks delicious It's got sauteed onions it looks like so nevermind!. It's 8:11am here and I just ate a banana, yet I'd still inhale that burger right now if it was anywhere close to me.

This picture is really cute and is almost like dessert after all the delicious burg pics in this thread.

Damnit I'm so passionate about burgs it's not even funny. I never dreamed I'd like a thread more than the Chief O'Brien thread but this one owns owns.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 6, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

cams posted:

you know why this one is so perfect? everything involved from the bun, the burgers, the cheese, looks super inexpensive. given some real love and care, i could prepare it myself. it's the american dream in burger form, except not bullshit.

When you're right, you're right. That one made my mouth water the most as well. Simple burgs are always the best

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Let's talk burg sides. There's fries obviously - but who makes the best? For fast food I think Mcdonalds is still king but Wendy's has made a good effort with their thick cut. Personally, i love a good tater tot though relatively few places offer them. Onion rings have never really been my cup of tea.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

McD's then in-n-out. Animal style fries are a meal unto themselves.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

anyone that serves a double with two thick patties is an idiot. the whole point of the double is to get 2x the amount of browned surface area with the same amount of meat.
i think i might actually slum it with a whopper today

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I like Burger King's fries more than McDonalds.
In-n-out is somehow the worst. Doesn't make sense given how fresh they're prepared.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You guys must have different BKs cuz Burger King here sucks rear end. Any other fast food burger is superior.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I like crispy fries like what you get with steak frites or at McDonald's. I've never liked steak fries or thick ones. Too much potato.

Other acceptable sides:
- seconding tater tots (omg)
- onions rings (side or even in)
- good old fashioned potato chips
- comedy carrot option
- potato or macaroni salad

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Fast food is suprisingly regional, for example A&W Canada is actually good. Also Wendy's Canada has sea salted fries which own.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
In Switzerland the McDonald's were actually legit. They take that "McCafe" poo poo seriously too. Definitely a solid step above fast food.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Hardee's curly fries aren't too shabby either. Thirding tater tots owning. Sonic knows their poo poo tot wise.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Oh yeah waffle fries are the best fries, especially if seasoned properly.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Dear burgthread,

I don't have a meat grinder but I've wanted to try making my patties as demonstrated here. (Or, here if you don't want to watch a bunch of failed rugby burgers.)

also same chef but here's a whole 30 mins about eating and cooking burgs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WPq5jtW5J0

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 6, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Actually the two fast food places that have my favorite fries now that i think more about it dont serve burgs: arby's curly fries (note: literally the only reason to stop at arby's) and chick-fil-a's waffle fries. All of my entries for best fries assume that they are fresh out of the fryer. Soggy/lukewarm fries are poo poo no matter what i think this probably goes without saying.

Fast food around here varies wildly from location (franchise) to location though :shrug: mcdonalds is probably the most consistent

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
How do y'all feel about bison burgs? They're usually a little tougher than beef, but they have a nice flavor all their own.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You guys ever had fries cooked in duck fat? So loving good.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

they sell bison at my local market

I really need to try it

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Leroy Dennui posted:

How do y'all feel about bison burgs? They're usually a little tougher than beef, but they have a nice flavor all their own.

I like the flavor of bison but I think if I make burgs from it again I'd mix it 2:1 with a fatty beef. Bison is so lean I've never had a good juicy burger from it alone.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

a large trout posted:

they sell bison at my local market

I really need to try it

Bison is really lean. So be ready for that.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Norns posted:

You guys ever had fries cooked in duck fat? So loving good.

Pro-post right here. There are a couple fancier places near me that offer these. Best fries ive ever had in my whole life good gawd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Leroy Dennui posted:

i had a pro tier yak burger in tibet once

• Locked thread