Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

theadder posted:

a corrupted lightning port

sorry you can't handle the future, dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

:coolfish:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Doc Block posted:

JFC, no originality or innovation.

Of course, fooling idiots into buying Android devices has been Google's game plan all along.

Makes me wish Steve was still around. Seeing him burn a big chunk of Apple's cash to bury what's left of Nokia would be glorious.

instead we get to see microsoft burning a big chunk of their cash to ruin nokia

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's even better from the side!

at least they are incorporating lightning now

e: oh i never heard about USB C why dont they just use lightning god

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sniep posted:

at least they are incorporating lightning now

e: oh i never heard about USB C why dont they just use lightning god

lol

lightning is the betamax of connectors

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

maniacdevnull posted:

lol

lightning is the betamax of connectors

it's really more of the firewire

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

carry on then posted:

it's really more of the firewire

:rolleyes:

actually, it's really more of the lightning,

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

bobbilljim posted:

:rolleyes:

actually, it's really more of the lightning,

that's thunderbolt

idiot

peeper
Jun 21, 2005
Fun Shoe
Did anyone post this LG watch?

peeper fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 5, 2015

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

peeper posted:

is that a moto 360 under it? the 360 is already big for my tastes, that one in the top must be a hockey puck or something

pram
Jun 10, 2001

peeper posted:

android is huge lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

pram posted:

android is huge lol

phawatchlet

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Samsung’s Novel Smartwatch Strategy: Don’t Release Anything

Since Samsung Electronics released its first smartwatch in September 2013, it has been nothing but relentless in putting its stamp on the nascent market for wearable devices.

In the one year since the release of that Android-powered smartwatch, the Galaxy Gear, Samsung has released no fewer than six smartwatches.

So Samsung’s keynote address at Mobile World Congress here is notable for what isn’t being launched alongside the Galaxy S6: a smartwatch.

Samsung executives won’t confirm or deny the notion, but it just might have to do with that other smartwatch about to hit the market — Apple ’s eponymous debut smartwatch, announced last September and set to begin shipping next month.

But fear not, smartwatch aficionados. Samsung isn’t sitting still. In an interview, Young-hee Lee, an executive vice president who oversees Samsung’s mobile marketing efforts, says that the company is “working on it,” with an eye on what she called product “perfection.”

“We’ve been introducing more devices than anybody else,” she says matter-of-factly. “It’s time for us to pause.”

Lee added: “We want a more perfect product.”

While the market awaits perfection, those hankering for new smartphones won’t have to look too far. In addition to the Apple Watch, a number of Samsung’s handset rivals, incuding LG Electronics and Huawei Technologies are on deck with their own offerings.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

LOL

code for we can't follow apple into this new category because of the ladder they've pulled up behind them

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

cremnob posted:

Since Samsung Electronics released its first smartwatch in September 2013, it has been nothing but relentless in putting its stamp on the nascent market for wearable devices.

In the one year since the release of that Android-powered smartwatch, the Galaxy Gear, Samsung has released no fewer than six smartwatches.

So Samsung’s keynote address at Mobile World Congress here is notable for what isn’t being launched alongside the Galaxy S6: a smartwatch.

Samsung executives won’t confirm or deny the notion, but it just might have to do with that other smartwatch about to hit the market — Apple ’s eponymous debut smartwatch, announced last September and set to begin shipping next month.

But fear not, smartwatch aficionados. Samsung isn’t sitting still. In an interview, Young-hee Lee, an executive vice president who oversees Samsung’s mobile marketing efforts, says that the company is “working on it,” with an eye on what she called product “perfection.”

“We’ve been introducing more devices than anybody else,” she says matter-of-factly. “It’s time for us to pause.”

While the market awaits perfection, those hankering for new smartphones won’t have to look too far. In addition to the Apple Watch, a number of Samsung’s handset rivals, incuding LG Electronics and Huawei Technologies are on deck with their own offerings.

shut the gently caress up you pathetic loser. you suck you loving human being. get out of YOSPOS

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

cremnob posted:

did they just admit that apple's smartwatch would be perfect

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

no

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
cremnob get out of yospos or go post in the flame thread

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the flame thread is garbage

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

smart move, they realized that if even apple can't make a smartwatch that's worth buying you might as well give up

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Smythe posted:

shut the gently caress up you pathetic loser. you suck you loving human being. get out of YOSPOS

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Messyass posted:

smart move, they realized that if even apple can't make a smartwatch that's worth buying you might as well give up

why is apple still making theirs

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
investors require more numbers

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

cremnob posted:

LOL

code for we can't follow apple into this new category because of the ladder they've pulled up behind them
cremnob makes a good point here

Smythe posted:

smythe also makes a good point tho

i feel like theres middle ground

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Fabricated posted:

why is apple still making theirs

they're entire strategy is to fast-follow saensung

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

anthonypants posted:

did they just admit that apple's smartwatch would be perfect

no, they admitted it would be smart to wait and see what the Apple watch is like then they can copy that and save a bunch of R&D time/money

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's funnier when you remember that the entire smartphone "market" is the tail wagging the dog

samsung rushed some poo poo out to market on the vague whispers that apple was contemplating a smartwatch product two years ago, then the other android vendors joined the fray because hey, samsung has one

now apple's decided that maybe people actually want a smart watch for some reason so they better sell one too

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

a smartwatch with an lcd/oled screen is laughibly terrible in all ways

color eink face + physical hands = whooooooa a watch that lasts literally days at a time!!!!

its still a bad idea but at least it'd be executed well (wish you were executed well op)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

maniacdevnull posted:

a smartwatch with an lcd/oled screen is laughibly terrible in all ways

color eink face + physical hands = whooooooa a watch that lasts literally days at a time!!!!

its still a bad idea but at least it'd be executed well (wish you were executed well op)

see, i just wish you were executed

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I own an e-ink watch and it's not very good, it takes like 1.5 seconds to update the screen

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

I own an e-ink watch and it's not very good, it takes like 1.5 seconds to update the screen

so just start at :59.25 so it'll hit the middle of the transition when the minute changes, not too hard

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

qirex posted:

isnt new eink a lot faster tho? i saw some thing with color eink or something i think? looked alright? not sure

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
just focus on more power dense batteries to power normal screens imo

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

which one? my OG pebble watch refreshes really quickly

too bad the watch is pointless though, i haven't worn it for years

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Valeyard posted:

just focus on more power dense batteries to power normal screens imo

cool, can't wait to have a bomb strapped to my arm. lithium ion batteries are already incredibly dangerous.

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Citizen Tayne posted:

lithium ion batteries are already incredibly dangerous.

?? word? So all first gen Tesla cars are literally car bombs?! :monocle:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

cool, can't wait to have a bomb strapped to my arm. lithium ion batteries are already incredibly dangerous.

its a miracle they let us fly with hundreds of them on board

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

saucepanman posted:

i did the kickstarter thing and got it earlier than many people. early enough to where I wore it for a few days, realized it was poo poo, and sold it on ebay to some dumb fucker for more than I paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

saucepanman posted:

pebbles don't use e-ink, they use "e-paper" which is their intentionally confusing name for an ultra low-power lcd.

• Locked thread