Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

blackjack posted:

Yep. You should get 20 points for that, plus 10 for a post-play survey in 7 days.
https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Huh. It hasn't shown up yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Huh. It hasn't shown up yet.

Patience, my friend.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

NickRoweFillea posted:

Quick question about Club Nintendo: I just bought Azure Strike Gunvolt - will I get a code for that? I'm 15 coins away from platinum. Followup question if the answer is no: can I bum a code off one of you? I'll pay. DM me if so.

I am with you, mate. I am some coins short of my goal with no cost-efficient way to get more in the time left. I am at Platinum, though, so I am kind of hoping that they allow as a Gold or Platinum reward just more coins, a few hundred at least. I don't think that they have ever done that before and I don't expect that they will do it now, but that would probably be my preferred option if I could have any reward (within reason) for Platinum status.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the first part of the Sega/M2 interview for 3D Outrun (out next week!): http://blogs.sega.com/2015/03/05/sega-3d-classics-3d-out-run-part-1/

It mostly covers the process of updating the game to run at 60FPS.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the first part of the Sega/M2 interview for 3D Outrun (out next week!): http://blogs.sega.com/2015/03/05/sega-3d-classics-3d-out-run-part-1/

It mostly covers the process of updating the game to run at 60FPS.

Hell yes, get hyped!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do the existing 3ds sega 3d classics give club coins for purchase and post play still?

I ask because they are digital only and it would be nothing for nintendo to flip the "give coins" switch. I just need 15 more coins to reach gold :negative:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do the existing 3ds sega 3d classics give club coins for purchase and post play still?

I ask because they are digital only and it would be nothing for nintendo to flip the "give coins" switch. I just need 15 more coins to reach gold :negative:

I just ended up buying Cake Ninja 3 for $1.99 for 10 coins. Check out whatever is on sale and their coin value and you should be able to buy two small games for three bucks or so to get that 15.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

E: misunderstood, nevermind

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ones released before Jan 20 of this year should still.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Any cheap 5 coin game will give you 5 coins for the registration and 10 for the post play survey that should come in a week, well before the end of the month.

For eligibility check the 3DS tab of this page:

https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do

Currently Gunman Clive 1 is one of the cheapest games at $2 and starting 3/12 both of the Mighty Switch Force games will be $1.50, making them the cheapest bar none.

The last qualifying Sega 3D Classic was 3D Afterburner 2, all the ones released before it are also ok:

3D After Burner II 10
3D Altered Beast 5
3D Ecco the Dolphin 5
3D Galaxy Force II 5
3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master 5
3D Sonic The Hedgehog 5
3D Space Harrier 5
3D Streets of Rage 5
3D Super Hang-On

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

New to this thread and exited about Nintendo finally offering cross-buy with Tipping Stars. If I wanted to share my levels with goons, would I do that here?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for the castlevania reccomendations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is there any point to getting all the gold flowers in a world in Harmoknight? It was fine right up until the boss, where the game just goes 'yeah if you want to do that then eat poo poo and hope you don't miss ANYTHING'.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Is there any point to getting all the gold flowers in a world in Harmoknight? It was fine right up until the boss, where the game just goes 'yeah if you want to do that then eat poo poo and hope you don't miss ANYTHING'.
No, just for getting the royal note in every level I believe.I'm playing that game as a club nintendo reward too now.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

At any rate if it's all right for me to post my Tipping Stars levels here, here they are:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi_agXS0g
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi_qFiwTQ

There has to be some way to find them from your Wii U/3DS from that.

Edit:

And here's my version of those "free stars" levels that are so popular: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi_rr-arg

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 6, 2015

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

The Lobster posted:

At any rate if it's all right for me to post my Tipping Stars levels here, here they are:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi_agXS0g
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHi_qFiwTQ

There has to be some way to find them from your Wii U/3DS from that.
Out of curiosity, how do you get the code for the other version? Where is it located? Is it in the eShope when you download it, or what?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Enter the eShop, go to Settings > Account History, find Tipping Stars and view the receipt, there should be a code on there.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Enter the eShop, go to Settings > Account History, find Tipping Stars and view the receipt, there should be a code on there.

Thanks, I was wondering that myself.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does the 3ds version have the same levels? I'm just thinking I may want to just sell or give that code away if there is but there's no cloud saves anyway, cause why would I want to do the same levels twice?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Eventually you'll unlock harder versions of all the levels. Getting gold flowers on both versions of a level unlocks some artwork. Otherwise, just to play all the levels you only need to get all the royal notes and find the hidden birds.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I don't guess there are any plans to release the SNES version of SMW2 Yoshi's Island on the Eshop are there? I see that the GBA version is on there, but all of the videos of it make it look like the field of view is zoomed in to the point that it would get on my nerves. So many of those stages are big open areas and the view seems too close to Yoshi to really appreciate any of it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Jolo posted:

I don't guess there are any plans to release the SNES version of SMW2 Yoshi's Island on the Eshop are there? I see that the GBA version is on there, but all of the videos of it make it look like the field of view is zoomed in to the point that it would get on my nerves. So many of those stages are big open areas and the view seems too close to Yoshi to really appreciate any of it.

At the moment, I don't think so since the original game uses the Super FX2 chip and that seems like a bitch and a half to emulate.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It can be emulated fine, the speculation is Nintendo doesn't hold the patent on that chip and can't emulate it without paying a fee, so gently caress you here's the GBA version.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The new Yoshi sounds are the worst part of the GBA version.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

greatn posted:

Does the 3ds version have the same levels? I'm just thinking I may want to just sell or give that code away if there is but there's no cloud saves anyway, cause why would I want to do the same levels twice?

It's the same on both systems. It's all down to preference. Do you want to play in HD or do you want it on the go? I personally downloaded it to the 3DS but I'm keeping the Wii U code because it'll be easier for me to build giant levels when I can see the entire stage at once on my TV screen.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Surlaw posted:

The new Yoshi sounds are the worst part of the GBA version.

actually they're great

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Kaubocks posted:

actually they're great

You are the worst loving forums user Jesus gently caress.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I thought the added sound effects to Yoshi's Island were unanimously agreed to be terrible. This is the first time I've ever seen someone voice an opinion to the contrary.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They're okay and not nearly as bad as everybody says they are.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Yeah and Other M is actually an excellent game.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

ChaosArgate posted:

They're okay and not nearly as bad as everybody says they are.

No, they're awful. Every bit as awful as the Internet at large claims. In fact, this may be the only instance where Internet hyperbole lives up to the reality of the situation.

I can't stand the GBA port at all because of the added sounds even though the original is one of my favorite SNES games. The added noises are really, really bad.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

I got the GBA Yoshi's Island and slashed my ears off like so many Van Goghs

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I don't think they ruin the game but they honestly do bother me more than the smaller field of view, I got used to that pretty quick. The added sounds in a lot of Nintendo's GBA ports/remakes are terrible.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah and Other M is actually an excellent game.

Okay, let's not start saying poo poo we can't take back.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Hoo-hoo! Just what I needed!

All the added GBA sound effects in SNES ports are pretty annoying, but not gamebreaking all things considered.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of the GBA Mario remake games, was there ever some ROMhack of the SMB3 one released that just tacked on all of the eReader levels?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Monkey Fracas posted:

Speaking of the GBA Mario remake games, was there ever some ROMhack of the SMB3 one released that just tacked on all of the eReader levels?

It's a modified save, but yeah.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I'm debating between Mini's March Again and Mini's on the Move. Is one vastly better than the other?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Malt posted:

I'm debating between Mini's March Again and Mini's on the Move. Is one vastly better than the other?

They're all bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

They're all bad

That said, Mario vs Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong '94 are both excellent games if you haven't played them.