Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

My savage Toxic Deluge was no match for his chaining 3x Thoughtcasts together. I have been defeated by LordSaturn's army of robots, 1-2.

Confirm. Game 1 I lost pretty hard to Basically Do What Nic Fit Does; Games 2 and 3 both included T1 Springleaf Drum/0-drop/Grafdigger's Cage, and both ended with a ruthlessly topdecked second cranial plating. Me and my dumb loving topdecks. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Lonely Bridge posted:

It's a 4 hour drive back from the GP to my place, but I'm not sure when I'll be leaving there Sunday, so it's really hard to say now when I'll get back or how conscious I will be. Are you able to play any time on Monday?

Not any time, my job is flexible but there are limits. Probably the latest I can do in the morning works out to about 6:30 pm Eastern, so if you're not going to be good to go by then we'll need to get an extension. (Is that cool with you gang sines?)

If you can do earlyish on monday morning I can probably make it, let me know what time you can wake up in the morning.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

LordSaturn posted:

a ruthlessly topdecked second cranial plating. Me and my dumb loving topdecks. :allears:
Are you positive you aren't running more than 4 of those? We need you to email your file to gangsines for a deck check.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Jabor posted:

Not any time, my job is flexible but there are limits. Probably the latest I can do in the morning works out to about 6:30 pm Eastern, so if you're not going to be good to go by then we'll need to get an extension. (Is that cool with you gang sines?)

If you can do earlyish on monday morning I can probably make it, let me know what time you can wake up in the morning.

Ok, took me a second to figure out what you meant but I think I got it now. I usually get out of bed and go straight into the office, around 7am typically, but I could try to sneak our games in around that time if necessary. Otherwise sometime in the afternoon for me would work just fine, I can get home at around 4PM Eastern Time - so anything from there to 6:30 is open for me.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
yeah extensions are cool lemme know how long you guys need

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Video of my crushing loss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNq82APXTrY

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Lonely Bridge posted:

Ok, took me a second to figure out what you meant but I think I got it now. I usually get out of bed and go straight into the office, around 7am typically, but I could try to sneak our games in around that time if necessary. Otherwise sometime in the afternoon for me would work just fine, I can get home at around 4PM Eastern Time - so anything from there to 6:30 is open for me.

Monday morning sounds good, I'll be chilling in IRC from like 4am Eastern so just hit me up when you're ready to play.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Jabor posted:

Monday morning sounds good, I'll be chilling in IRC from like 4am Eastern so just hit me up when you're ready to play.

Like I said, I'll try. If not I will let gang sines know we need an extension.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yo opponent, I'll be sitting in the IRC channel all day. I am also in march's server with a game up. Feel free to join whenever. I want to knock this thing out.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Opponent, I will be in irc tomorrow am. EST.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Filthy Monkey posted:

Yo opponent, I'll be sitting in the IRC channel all day. I am also in march's server with a game up. Feel free to join whenever. I want to knock this thing out.

Oh hey, sorry I wasn't on already. I think I have to install the old version of xmage, since I think I have the messed up new version.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

suicidesteve posted:

LGD! You alive, mon? I've checked irc a few times to no avail and I might not be around much this weekend.

So I finally have a pairing where I'm favored and it's a no-show. :negative:

Anyway, I'm not going to be available tonight except maybe late, and I'm not sure what's going on tomorrow yet. So I guess if you show up, ask for an extension and maybe I can play in the early afternoon Monday before I go to work or something.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Starving Autist posted:

Oh hey, sorry I wasn't on already. I think I have to install the old version of xmage, since I think I have the messed up new version.
Yeah, it asked me if I wanted to update when I started it up today, and I told it no. I was able to connect to march's server okay.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I won 2-1. Lost game 2 to not siding in hate against cage.

Guess that is the end of my legacy thunderdoming, as I am sure I am not top 8. Was fun though. Looking forward to seeing who ends up winning the top 8.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
PERPETUAL IDIOT I'm around all night tonight and I'll have the IRC channel open, though I probably won't be at my laptop at all times so if you message me be patient.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Trilas posted:

That's perfect. I'll be on IRC then.

Sorry Trilas, something came up and I don't have time to play tonight. I should be free tomorrow for most of the day, though, so post a time that works for you and we'll figure it out.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I lost 0-2 to Moatman.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I beat bayou 2-1 after a game 3 where LOTS of exciting things happened.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Muon - homie, I would like to play this thing. I'll be in IRC the bulk of tomorrow but would probably prefer to get the game in before like 1PM eastern. I think it is supposed to be nice outside, so I'll probably try to leave my apt (unheard of, filthy goon etc) at some point during the day. I can probably do the night time though, around 8/9/maybe 10?? Let me know.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
2-3 ports per game is rough. confirming snacks

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Filthy Monkey posted:

I won 2-1. Lost game 2 to not siding in hate against cage.

Guess that is the end of my legacy thunderdoming, as I am sure I am not top 8. Was fun though. Looking forward to seeing who ends up winning the top 8.

Confirming. I have no idea how burn is supposed to beat dredge other than getting lucky with drawing sideboard hate. Still, good games!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

instantrunoffvote posted:

I don't go there often, but I can to set things up. You got a time in mind?
I haven't seen you around and I'm not feeling great today so I'm going to concede.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

PERPETUAL IDIOT I'm around all night tonight and I'll have the IRC channel open, though I probably won't be at my laptop at all times so if you message me be patient.

I'm around again today P.I. but you haven't posted in a week and a half so ???

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
The best deck in legacy easily destroys my less good deck, Muon takes it 2-0 -- I'll brb, shooting myself in the foot.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
last call by i am playin paper so get your extension requests or results or whatnot in plz

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
me and that guy are playing this evening

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I've made like 5 posts (probably more like 3) and checked irc a few times. I might be around later tonight, but eh; I've got better things to do with my one day off this week than play a game that doesn't actually count for anything.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Babylon Astronaut, I'll go on the IRC again tonight, probably around 8:00 Mountain Time. Hopefully you'll be around so we can play this thing.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I work until 9 MTN, so 9-10 is doable. I'll plan on being on IRC around that time.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Kraus posted:

TenjouUtena, PLAY ME

If you show up tonight and I'm not around, I'm willing to concede this slap-fight. I dunno if I'll be able to be around like we planned.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

me and that guy are playing this evening

Yeah, I didn't forget. Not in a situation where I can play right now but I'll get on as soon as possible.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

gang sines posted:

last call by i am playin paper so get your extension requests or results or whatnot in plz

If Perpetual Idiot doesn't get back to me in the next ~ 3 hours we won't be playing before the deadline. I just PM'd him so fingers crossed.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I just got unbanned so lmk when you can play

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Is there gonna be another one of these after this one's finished? I didn't know you guys were doing this til the other day and it sounds sweet, plus I just installed xmage which outside of the interface from 10 years ago is miles better than Cockatrice since the program actually handles gameplay for you.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Is there gonna be another one of these after this one's finished? I didn't know you guys were doing this til the other day and it sounds sweet, plus I just installed xmage which outside of the interface from 10 years ago is miles better than Cockatrice since the program actually handles gameplay for you.
You have until tomorrow morning to sign up for the vintage one.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Where you at man it's almost tomorrow

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Idk whether we're defaulting to a draw or not. I should be around later tomorrow if not?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

TheLawinator posted:

Idk whether we're defaulting to a draw or not. I should be around later tomorrow if not?

It depends on the situation. If you just weren't able to meet up, it's a draw. If someone disappeared for a week, that person gets a loss.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

suicidesteve posted:

It depends on the situation. If you just weren't able to meet up, it's a draw. If someone disappeared for a week, that person gets a loss.

We were in the midst of the intentional draw dance. If the deadline comes up and he doesn't change his mind, I'm cool with the draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Where you at man it's almost tomorrow

I was on the train from a place to another place. I'm ready now.

• Locked thread