Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

KozmoNaut posted:

Why not just go all in?

Viper Hellcat :getin:

Funnily enough, they said the Hellcat engine wouldn't fit in the Viper. Too wide :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Sigma X posted:

Soooo, new Honda CTR. 306 turbocharged horsepower, 0-60 in 5.7, 167 MPH top speed, thirty thousand dollar price tag. Ugly as balls, or ugly as balls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FEOLGvHdDE

Or for the same price you could get a Focus RS that has more power and is AWD. And doesn't look like rear end.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Funnily enough, they said the Hellcat engine wouldn't fit in the Viper. Too wide :v:

Then supercharge the V10.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

What the hell is going on at Honda? That thing looks like they raided the stick-on aisle at auto zone. Fender flares from a sti? Check. Gills from a Z3/mutated fish frog? Check. Stuck on rear flares? Check.

Will whomever designed the s2000 please come back? Remember when hondas all resembled that car? Late 1990's. 6th gen accord, ek civics, the cr-v. gently caress, even the Accord coupe had a nice rear end.

Now honda just makes wierd, bulbous, ugly poo poo like the crosstour.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Crosstours are hideous vehicles, but my god the interiors are nice.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

Did you notice how the Canadian dollar has recently collapsed in value? You should probably get use to poo poo built outside of Canada costing more in the near future. At current exchange rates, a Porsche 911 starting at MSRP CAD 96k is only $77k USD - US MSRP is $84k, A 911 Turbo at MSRP CAD $172k is only $138k USD - US MSRP is $151k, and presumably you still get the standard block heater and whatever other bullshit they claim Canadians cars get to justify them being 20% more expensive back in the good days.

Hey if it has the FMVSS sticker you can import them right? How long do you think they're going to let that state of affairs continue?

2016 will be 1996 all over again. Canada's economic heartland will have returned to Windsor-Sarnia and everyone will go back to driving Canada Value Edition Dodge Caravans Insh'allah! :canada:

Funny, when the Canadian dollar was higher than the US dollar prices didn't even out, let alone get cheaper than the US. :canada:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Hey am I hallucinating or did I just hear that someone thought the mid-2000s CR-V was some sort of automotive styling icon?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Taco Box posted:

Will whomever designed the s2000 please come back? Remember when hondas all resembled that car? Late 1990's. 6th gen accord, ek civics, the cr-v. gently caress, even the Accord coupe had a nice rear end.

I always thought it was trying to remind you of the NSX.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Sigma X posted:

Soooo, new Honda CTR. 306 turbocharged horsepower, 0-60 in 5.7, 167 MPH top speed, thirty thousand dollar price tag. Ugly as balls, or ugly as balls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FEOLGvHdDE

All that hideous aero was necessary for the pointless dick waving Nurburgring record. Here's to hoping they start building that motor in the Ohio plant and put it in a sensible looking car for America.

E: Honda doesn't make the Crosstour anymore. Their current design is basically fine because it's inoffensive and bland. The ridiculous CTR is an exception, what happens when they let the Brits make a track special.

PeterWeller fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 6, 2015

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Phy posted:

I always thought it was trying to remind you of the NSX.

Baller on a budget

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
What a loving horrible looking pile of poo poo

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I like the look of the new Honda Civic Type R and think its a step in the right direction. :colbert:

But yall is right about that front end tho.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Coredump posted:

I like the look of the new Honda Civic Type R and think its a step in the right direction. :colbert:

at least I can tell what it is without hunting for a badge. Someone posted earlier that all medium sized cars have converged into a single, optimal shape and drat is it true.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

What a loving horrible looking pile of poo poo

Hey man, good on them for bringing back tacked on z3 gills in tyol 2015.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Taco Box posted:

What the hell is going on at Honda? That thing looks like they raided the stick-on aisle at auto zone. Fender flares from a sti? Check. Gills from a Z3/mutated fish frog? Check. Stuck on rear flares? Check.

Now honda just makes wierd, bulbous, ugly poo poo like the crosstour.

I know someone who drives cars to death without giving a gently caress what they look like, to the point they drove a car for four years with garbage bag windows and weeds growing out of the 70s vinyl roof. At some point they became a honda person, and recently decided to get a new one. Even they left the dealer in disgust because they wouldn't be caught dead in one of those hideous wrecks. It takes a special brand of unsightly to make cars that good that still drive brand loyalists away, but they're doing it. It's especially bad because Mazda has great design right now.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Breakfast All Day posted:

I know someone who drives cars to death without giving a gently caress what they look like, to the point they drove a car for four years with garbage bag windows and weeds growing out of the 70s vinyl roof. At some point they became a honda person, and recently decided to get a new one. Even they left the dealer in disgust because they wouldn't be caught dead in one of those hideous wrecks. It takes a special brand of unsightly to make cars that good that still drive brand loyalists away, but they're doing it. It's especially bad because Mazda has great design right now.

Honda to me was always inoffensive, but not in a bad way. Some even looked really good, like 90s Civics, Integras, etc. Now they're just loving offensive, and so is Toyota/Lexus with those goddamn cow catcher front ends.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

iwentdoodie posted:

Honda to me was always inoffensive, but not in a bad way. Some even looked really good, like 90s Civics, Integras, etc. Now they're just loving offensive, and so is Toyota/Lexus with those goddamn cow catcher front ends.

Honda was basically BMW designs on a budget. Unfortunately, when BMW went full Bangle, Honda followed suit and welp.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Now that you say it, it makes perfect sense.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I think the new Accord, Civic, Fit and CR-V are pretty inoffensive. What other Hondas are out there that are so terrible looking?

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Holy poo poo, I just checked out the video and the Type-R is an abomination - those fender vents have to be a joke!

It's like a committee studied all the lovely civic ricers of the early 2000's and based their production model off of it directly.

I don't even think anyone would have perceived it as cool even in 2004.

For once I have no issues with this not being US bound, give me a FoRS and call it a day. Sad that ford has so far eclipsed honda for small affordable performance cars, who woulda thunk it?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Mange Mite posted:

Honda was basically BMW designs on a budget. Unfortunately, when BMW went full Bangle, Honda followed suit and welp.

For all the poo poo Bangle got, his designs have aged much better than most contemporary early 00s designs. Nowadays stuff that used to look horribly out of place like the Z4 now look well styled and distinctive without being flashy compared to a lot of the poo poo on the road now.

Also, trivia time: the first BMW Bangle touched was the face lifted E46 3 series, and nowadays a lot of people love to hold those up as the last good looking 3 series. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I think the new Accord, Civic, Fit and CR-V are pretty inoffensive. What other Hondas are out there that are so terrible looking?

The Element? And do they still make the Ridgeline?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

HotCanadianChick posted:

For all the poo poo Bangle got, his designs have aged much better than most contemporary early 00s designs. Nowadays stuff that used to look horribly out of place like the Z4 now look well styled and distinctive without being flashy compared to a lot of the poo poo on the road now.

Also, trivia time: the first BMW Bangle touched was the face lifted E46 3 series, and nowadays a lot of people love to hold those up as the last good looking 3 series. :v:

I'm one of those people. :colbert: So what, there's only so much you can do on a facelift, the first car that he actually designed, the E65 7 series, was the worst car in the world. Not all Bangle's fault but being so ugly didn't help did it?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Coredump posted:

It doesn't get much better at the other end unfortunately

The new Fit and Accord are very nice though, they managed to mostly avoid the ANGRY HEADLIGHTS/gaping maw fad.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 7, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

HotCanadianChick posted:

E36 you mean. :colbert:

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

It doesn't get much better at the other end unfortunately

:barf:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

The Element? And do they still make the Ridgeline?

Whoa, both of those are great looking vehicles.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Looks like a cylon

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

SouthLAnd posted:

I'd rather have a DCT that works fine until it needs a new clutch pack every 70,000 miles (or however long they last). It's really a shame so many people (myself included) had terrible experiences with Fords Powershift DCT; when it worked as it was meant to, it was awesome. It really made regular automatics feel antiquated.

Yeah I am/was a huge apologist for the Ford Powershift. It drives really well when it's working. That said my work Focus is at 90K and going back to the shop for the second time in as many weeks due to transmission warning lights/strange shifting behavior. :v:

The Ford DCTs really shine in the models that allow you to select individual gears with sport shift. The default programming in D tends to want to get into the highest gear as soon as possible and then lazily downshift if you really prod it. Having actual engine braking is excellent, though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
There was apparently a tweet earlier revealing that the Focus RS would have 345hp but that tweet has since been deleted. That's honestly about what I was expecting, so...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

Whoa, both of those are great looking vehicles.

I disagree sir and good day to you!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Previa_fun posted:

Yeah I am/was a huge apologist for the Ford Powershift. It drives really well when it's working. That said my work Focus is at 90K and going back to the shop for the second time in as many weeks due to transmission warning lights/strange shifting behavior. :v:

I traded the Fiesta in for the ST largely because the transmission was shuddering and acting up worse than it was 4 months ago when they had it for almost 2 weeks completely rebuilding everything to fix the shuddering at 68k miles. It had 75k miles on it when I traded it and even though Ford extended the warranty to 100k miles because of the tranny problems, I got to where I was afraid of how many problems I was going to be looking at going forward.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fknlo posted:

There was apparently a tweet earlier revealing that the Focus RS would have 345hp but that tweet has since been deleted. That's honestly about what I was expecting, so...

It seemingly got lost in all the RS and GT commotion, but ford also showed the new fiesta R2 kit.

168hp from the 1.0 ecoboost.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Dear Ford,

Please sell me a regular cab shortbox '15 F-150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost.

Thanks

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Throatwarbler posted:

I'm one of those people. :colbert: So what, there's only so much you can do on a facelift, the first car that he actually designed, the E65 7 series, was the worst car in the world. Not all Bangle's fault but being so ugly didn't help did it?

Your choices back then were the 'worst car in the world':

Or a Toyota Avalon with a Mercedes badge stuck on the hood.

The E65 has aged a lot better than Mercs and Audis from that era.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Prescription Combs posted:

Dear Ford,

Please sell me a regular cab shortbox '15 F-150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost.

Thanks

& 5sp?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

HotCanadianChick posted:

Your choices back then were the 'worst car in the world':

That ain't an E65

This is:

They've aged terribly and that isn't even the worst angle

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I think it's telling that I still see S-classes from that time regularly but it's an event when there's a pre-facelift E65. And where I live both used to be everywhere.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Look how wrong you are about everything.The W220 looks great and is the best looking S-class of our time including the current one. I could never get over that "bustle back" look that they got starting from the W221. Reminded me of those old Cadillacs with the fake spare tire carrier in the back.

I wouldn't want to own one without a warranty but looks are definitely not a problem

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

6-speed manual gearbox :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
The 90s and early 2k bmw design language still looks sharp as hell. I was ogling a '00 m5 just the other day in a grocery store parking lot.

Post bangle to now bmw's are too bulbous and rounded off for me.

Maybe it's my taste because I often feel the opposite about audis. They looked kinda fat in the 90s and 00s(that bar of soap TT) but the newer ones look more lean and sharp.