Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Italdesign is technically now owned by Lambo but that's a helluva stretch. The turbo thing was an old rumor kicking around when there was not much info on the internet, bonus points for saying it was only avaliable to tokyo police. I'd struggle to say it can be turbo'd, the packaging on that car is incredibly tight and your first job is going to be shaving the engine bay, the next is custom exhaust manifolds and sourcing low compression pistons. Calling the manual swap easy is some bullshit, lots of custom manufacturing involved. All the manual button does is lock out 1st gear, its not some sort of tiptronic mode, guaranteed that transmission is thrashed.

I'm selling mine now and am banging my head against my wall. There's no market for it and your average person has about as much knowledge as this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

NO MALFUNCTIONS should be the new 'runs and drives' or rather 'runns n drivs' or whatever the CL folk are misspelling poo poo as these days

E: mods rename me NO MALFUNCTIONS please

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
NO, MALFUNCTIONS

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

1500quidporsche posted:

Italdesign is technically now owned by Lambo but that's a helluva stretch. The turbo thing was an old rumor kicking around when there was not much info on the internet, bonus points for saying it was only avaliable to tokyo police. I'd struggle to say it can be turbo'd, the packaging on that car is incredibly tight and your first job is going to be shaving the engine bay, the next is custom exhaust manifolds and sourcing low compression pistons. Calling the manual swap easy is some bullshit, lots of custom manufacturing involved. All the manual button does is lock out 1st gear, its not some sort of tiptronic mode, guaranteed that transmission is thrashed.

I'm selling mine now and am banging my head against my wall. There's no market for it and your average person has about as much knowledge as this guy.

If it was like one year from now and you were in the US, I would be interested. As it is now, all of my "new car money" turned into "fix old car money," and importing is more trouble than it's worth. I don't really know what's involved with the turbo projects, although I know there is some sawzalling. I never really wanted to turbo one. It's fast enough to get out of its own way, and 230HP out of an NA 6-cylinder without VVT is respectable engineering. The 5-speed project requires at least shortening the driveshaft slightly. It's well-documented, at least, but I think 2-3000 even if you do all the labor yourself.

Basically if/when I get one, I'm treating it like a museum exhibit, because with all those fuckers with their Vanagons gutting SVXes to replace their boxers, it's going to be about that rare before long. Although I really don't know if I'd be able to resist doing the manual swap when the auto starts to fail. I get that GTs traditionally have automatics, but if I'm doing a grand tour, 95% of the time I'm going to be in the top gear cruising anyway.

nanodroogie
Apr 27, 2006

The Fritos are antiquated.
Not sure "rough" or "really cheap price" are entirely adequate/accurate.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/4914784469.html

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I love the title on this one:

quote:

300zx turbo drift missile - $2000 (tillamook county)

so I have 1984 Nissan 300zx turbo. With 5 speed t3 turbo Greddy intercooler .body is rough. would be a great drift car. Car is very fast pulls hard slides easy, car needs plates if u want to drive it on the rd. In sides gutted out. Body is ruff but its a drift missile. . Interested in maybe trade or 92 to 95 Honda Civic or 93 To 96 Integra. $2000.00 obo call jeremy @ [contact]
if no answer please leave message w/ number and name.

Could this be a glimpse into the future of that dumbass Sperglord Firecock's clapped out Z31? :v:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

This poor thing just wants to be put out of its misery

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

slides easy (into guardrails)

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 6, 2015

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

track day bro! posted:

Setting the lesster GTS-T and GTS-4 models aside, the R32 GT-R is a homologation special that pretty much dominated every group A/N series it raced in. But unlike Sierra Cosworths and E30 M3s they actually sold a shittone of them.

I'd have a gunmetal gray one on TE37s any day, only thing stopping me is I dont have a garage to store it in and I honestly wouldnt want to park it out on the street.

Having owned a R32 GTR in the UK they are great as long as you don't care about the 80's interior. I used to drive home through some rural parts and throwing it into a corner and feeling it slide just in time for the 4WD to kick in and drag the front around the corner was a lot of fun.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I was surprised to find out that these things are apparently worth about as much as a moderately optioned Ford Explorer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Aston-...=p2047675.l2557

Is it 100% rust underneath the wrap? :unsmith:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

I was surprised to find out that these things are apparently worth about as much as a moderately optioned Ford Explorer.
Yeah there's a couple decent ones listed here for reasonable money. Bear in mind our dollars are basically pesos right now.
07 manual Vantage:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2007-aston-martin-vantage-coupe-2-door/1042107260?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This one's a flappy paddle, convertible and the DB7 is a little less desirable to some, but at that price I'd still rock it:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2001-aston-martin-db7/1052156590?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

There's a couple others but they're auto and priced in the 80-100k range.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 7, 2015

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Tommychu posted:

Yeah there's a couple decent ones listed here for reasonable money. Bear in mind our dollars are basically pesos right now.
07 manual Vantage:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2007-aston-martin-vantage-coupe-2-door/1042107260?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This one's a flappy paddle, convertible and the DB7 is a little less desirable to some, but at that price I'd still rock it:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2001-aston-martin-db7/1052156590?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

There's a couple others but they're auto and priced in the 80-100k range.

I'm not sure either of those are comparable, the V8 Vantage is a significantly smaller car, like 3 series coupe vs 6 series, and it has a 380hp V8, vs the DB9's 450hp V12, the DB9 cost $155k new, by comparison you can get a manual trans 2015 V8 Vantage Work Truck for $98k.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

I'm not sure either of those are comparable, the V8 Vantage is a significantly smaller car, like 3 series coupe vs 6 series, and it has a 380hp V8, vs the DB9's 450hp V12, the DB9 cost $155k new, by comparison you can get a manual trans 2015 V8 Vantage Work Truck for $98k.

Fair enough, I really ought to stop posting about cars I don't know much about. Though both the cars I posted also have significantly less mileage, less than half in the DB7's case.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Tommychu posted:

Fair enough, I really ought to stop posting about cars I don't know much about. Though both the cars I posted also have significantly less mileage, less than half in the DB7's case.

Yeah I don't know how the pricing on those would work in Canada anyway, IIRC AM was similar to Lambo, Ferrari and Lotus in that their Canadian dealers were under orders to never facilitate or provide paperwork for any cross border purchases - I guess there only being a handful of dealers in the country meant that they could keep them on a pretty tight leash, so there was never much of a market for importing US market cars even back when the currency was favorable. If I were back in Canada I would never touch any of them on principle so eh.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It's like awful car mod bingo:

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/4918391480.html

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

BigPaddy posted:

Having owned a R32 GTR in the UK they are great as long as you don't care about the 80's interior. I used to drive home through some rural parts and throwing it into a corner and feeling it slide just in time for the 4WD to kick in and drag the front around the corner was a lot of fun.

I would but I'd really need a garage as I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving one parked out on the street in north London 99% of the time.

From what I've gathered they are fairly desirable to steal and part out still.

The interior doesn't bother me as I already drive a 90s Toyota. As long as it has comfy supportive seats I don't care.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

track day bro! posted:

I would but I'd really need a garage as I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving one parked out on the street in north London 99% of the time.

From what I've gathered they are fairly desirable to steal and part out still.

The interior doesn't bother me as I already drive a 90s Toyota. As long as it has comfy supportive seats I don't care.

I don't mind the 80s and early-mid 90s interiors, tbh. I like how simple they are.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I think the design of the R32 interior has held up quite well (because it is so simple) but you should be aware it is full of brittle plastic parts that are easy to break (and almost impossible to replace_

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Impossible to replace even in the JDM wonderland of NZ?
Well, shiiiiiit, I wasn't expecting that to be the case. I would have thought plenty were around and enough being written off by bad drivers that parts weren't hard to come by.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nanodroogie posted:

Not sure "rough" or "really cheap price" are entirely adequate/accurate.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/4914784469.html

I hate that this car keeps popping up in my searches. I need to get the pics of the other cheap one off my phone.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4920806646.html

MazdaSpeed 6
"needs nothing but new engine block and maybe new Pistons crank shaft ect? "

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Meydey posted:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4920806646.html

MazdaSpeed 6
"needs nothing but new engine block and maybe new Pistons crank shaft ect? "

Last summer on M247 a guy listed his blown engine car, he later reported having only been able to get $2600 for it as the rear driveshaft and diff were also destroyed.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Couldn't stop laughing at Lunch Control

Maksimus54 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 8, 2015

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Maksimus54 posted:

Sorry it's lame but I was couldn't stop laughing at Lunch Control.

need the file extension

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Raluek posted:

need the file extension

Thanks, I'm a bit slow at this...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The seller of the $1500 Mazda B3000 put up a shitload of pics at my request

http://battlecreek.craigslist.org/cto/4922252200.html

Not gonna cut & past all of them but it appears to be a legit ad.

quote:

It is a 2004 Mazda B3000. It is in great condition with a few faults. It needs a new computer that controls the engine (PCM). It can drive without the PCM but it runs rough. The back brakes need work. It has a brand new battery, fuel pump, and has an after market radio. The body is in excellent condition with hardly any rust because it has only been in Michigan for 2 years. It was in the south before that. I want $1,500 or best offer. The only area of rust is by the driver's side door. I included a picture of the rust.

$1500 or best offer. Realistically, how terrible of an idea would this be? If it drives it probably isn't the computer right?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

It could be a faulty computer, I would like to know how he knows though.

That said, it's a Ford Ranger. New and used parts are plentiful and reasonable. They are a tough truck if unrefined, but I would say go for it if you are not against working on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slidebite posted:

It could be a faulty computer, I would like to know how he knows though.

That said, it's a Ford Ranger. New and used parts are plentiful and reasonable. They are a tough truck if unrefined, but I would say go for it if you are not against working on it.

I really want to toss an offer his way but I think I'll get murdered in my sleep if I bring another car home.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rhyno posted:

I really want to toss an offer his way but I think I'll get murdered in my sleep if I bring another car home.

Can you work on it on the down-low behind your work or at a buddy's house? Seems like an unfucked new vehicle might be less likely to attract ire than a possibly hosed one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

Can you work on it on the down-low behind your work or at a buddy's house? Seems like an unfucked new vehicle might be less likely to attract ire than a possibly hosed one.

I can't even find a place to stash a few rubbermaid bins right now. Maybe if I flip the Civic by the end of next week I can con my mother into letting me park something at her house again.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

So wait he wants to trade a 178k mile jellybean s14 with maybe around 1500 bucks worth of chinese bolt on nrg garbo for a 350Z?

He clearly should be asking for a G35 coupe. :cawg:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dude just replied to me email asking what code it's throwing. His reply "it says it's misfiring." I nicely asked for the specific codes so I can do some research.

Edit: I mean, in the last Jeep we owned the misfire ended up being the coilpack which wasn't really expensive at all.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 8, 2015

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I had a Jeep with a misfire once. One day it made kind of a... crunchy grind sound and stopped on the highway. I still don't know what happened but it was fortunate that it was a disposable vehicle like an XJ where there are literally a million for sale cheaper than an engine swap.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"No malfunctions" - fuckin thing's lying

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Will this mod negatively effect the ride-ability of this bike?

http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/4922822941.html

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
No, but the rust in the fuel system will. I have one of those sitting in a garage and it is hopeless.

This one would be worth about $45 to me for parts.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/bedford/1988-toyota-supra-coupe/1008058731?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Unmolested NA '88 Supra, manual, targa top, 65k kilometers. The body and engine bay look rust free.

Actual gold?

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

Will this mod negatively effect the ride-ability of this bike?

http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/4922822941.html

quote:

I have a friend that has this now. Cut it out of the woods. It's in pretty good shape except for the tires and some rust. Good for parts. Good to restore as well.....but no title. The oil covers are the only parts that are not on it. Call me to see it. Have to set up appt with him when he is home. ......

No plates on the pictures
No title
Bike is stored at a friends

I'm reading this that this guy found this bike in the woods and brought it home with him. How legal is this or is he basically selling a stolen bike? Do bikes have VINs that can be looked up to find the original owner?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

ElehemEare posted:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/bedford/1988-toyota-supra-coupe/1008058731?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Unmolested NA '88 Supra, manual, targa top, 65k kilometers. The body and engine bay look rust free.

Actual gold?

if you could get him to uhh 7500 CAD It'd be a good price for a turbo model, but as is, it's a lot of cash for a N/A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Solar Coaster posted:

No plates on the pictures
No title
Bike is stored at a friends

I'm reading this that this guy found this bike in the woods and brought it home with him. How legal is this or is he basically selling a stolen bike? Do bikes have VINs that can be looked up to find the original owner?

You can take ownership of abandoned vehicles.
There is a process for submitting the VIN to the DMV and they will cross reference it for stolen vehicles.
However, in this case, I am sure no one give poo poo nor does the seller expect this thing to get back on the road. Its for parts.