Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just wanted to learn ASL. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

ultrafilter posted:

How? I've only become proficient in German, been warned away from learning French, or fallen in love with Margaux.

You have to cheat on the Spanish course, you filthy cheater

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

ultrafilter posted:

How? I've only become proficient in German, been warned away from learning French, or fallen in love with Margaux.

Spanish, 2nd answer on the first actual language question.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

quote:

Wow, you’re a little cock, aren’t you? If everything isn’t perfect for Mr. Dickhouse, you just throw a poo poo fit. You sniveling piece of human garbage, you can’t see outside your own goddamn taint house to care about anyone but you. We tried, we apologized, and we’re done groveling to the likes of a sweat drinker like you. Submit the loving form if you want.

gently caress you.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Possibly my favorite Onion or Clickhole article ever written:

I Put On A Fat Suit To Understand What It’s Like To Be Your Mom

Every line in it is amazing.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

bilperkins2 posted:

quote:

I wanted to experience the same embarrassment she experiences when measuring her waistline with an odometer, or having to rent a U-Haul in order to get carryout.
Holy loving poo poo :laffo:

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

bilperkins2 posted:

That was the best Your momma burn I've ever read. Even the tags. +Fat Suit +Your Mom

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Forceholy posted:

Forceholy_chooses_Gogol_Bordello_on_the_Jukebox.txt

:):hf::)

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

bilperkins2 posted:

This is all lean meat comedy.

No line a waste, it's practically art

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

We Challenged This Man To Survive On Minimum Wage And He Immediately Got Hit By A Car

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
We Asked 22 OB-GYNs What’s The Weirdest Thing They Ever Delivered

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I think my favorite thing about Clickhole articles is that, unlike The Onion, the punchline isn't really in the headline. I always find myself wondering where the hell they're going to go with the concept.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I think my favorite thing about Clickhole articles is that, unlike The Onion, the punchline isn't really in the headline. I always find myself wondering where the hell they're going to go with the concept.
They also don't put the punchline in the end, which makes it somehow even funnier.

These people have my dream job. I want to be in the room where this stuff gets thought up. I'd really like a This American Life for ClickHole.

SpiderHyphenMan has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Mar 9, 2015

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
I think I've finally found a concrete way to explain how and why Clickhole is the funniest website of all time.

They posted this video/story today: Eye-Opening: This Pit Bull May Look Scary At First, But Then You Realize It’s Adorable. It can be taken as goofy, random fun, but then I remembered this article from a couple months ago: Faith In Humanity Restored! Passengers On This Screaming Red Bus Helped Put Out A House Fire. Which is also goofy, random hilarity (one of my favorite Clickhole articles by itself, actually). But you take them together and you realize a metajoke—the writers at Clickhole have no idea what a fire engine is.

The concept of a group of writers not understanding a fire engine is just the absolute perfect mix of ridiculous and still, somehow, vaguely plausible. I know Clickhole and The Onion have these kings of extended jokes occasionally, but this is by far my favorite. Love this god drat website.

Graviija has a new favorite as of 15:49 on Mar 10, 2015

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Probably their weirdest repeated theme is people changing size.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
“The best meal I ever had was in 1998. I had heard of food before, but I hadn’t ever tried it. Then one day, I saw all these people walking out of a building on Fifth Avenue (I was living in New York at the time) and they were all talking about how they had had it in there: food. This crazy stuff that you destroy with your teeth and it makes you bigger. It sounded too good to be true.

“I went inside, and I said to the chef—whose name, I still remember, was Jarvis—‘Please, Jarvis, bring me that incredible stuff you gave those other people to destroy in their mouths. The wonderful victim whose name is food and makes you bigger. Bring it to me ASAP.’ Well, he gave it to me, and I killed the stuff with my teeth and immediately became bigger. This was wonderful to me. I get chills just thinking about it now. I later found out that the food was mozzarella sticks.”
(from here)

My favorite clickhole running theme is people doing outrageously bad things to their relatives, like the tribulations of the nice dad and his garbage sons, or the beer snob framing his son for treason so the government would electrocute him, or this:

"Do you have a special sticker on your driver’s license so that if you die they know to donate your body to the military so it can be fired at one of America’s many adversaries?"
"No, for some terrible reason I do not have this sticker on my license, and my family is so ashamed of me that they paid a newspaper to report that I had drowned."

HMS Boromir has a new favorite as of 19:10 on Mar 10, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just a headline: Mitt Romney Still Thinking About Running For President In 2012

:allears:

e: All the Romney articles are hilarious, really

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Graviija posted:

I think I've finally found a concrete way to explain how and why Clickhole is the funniest website of all time.

They posted this video/story today: Eye-Opening: This Pit Bull May Look Scary At First, But Then You Realize It’s Adorable. It can be taken as goofy, random fun, but then I remembered this article from a couple months ago: Faith In Humanity Restored! Passengers On This Screaming Red Bus Helped Put Out A House Fire. Which is also goofy, random hilarity (one of my favorite Clickhole articles by itself, actually). But you take them together and you realize a metajoke—the writers at Clickhole have no idea what a fire engine is.

The concept of a group of writers not understanding a fire engine is just the absolute perfect mix of ridiculous and still, somehow, vaguely plausible. I know Clickhole and The Onion have these kings of extended jokes occasionally, but this is by far my favorite. Love this god drat website.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Grim new ISIS video appears to show child executing alleged Mossad spy

Looks like Clickhole was right about ISIS's new video!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Clickhole's facebook page is one of the few places on the internet that has good comments on the posts.

Here's some stuff from the How to get nude photos of nude celbrities:
http://www.clickhole.com/video/how-get-nude-pics-absolutely-any-celebrity-907
:nws: :nws:

[

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

South Postpones Rising Again For Yet Another Year

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The NFL offseason in a nutshell
http://www.theonion.com/articles/every-single-nfl-player-traded-retired-signed-cut,38192/

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Clickventure: Death Attends the Matinee

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

I did an ok job :toot:

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Diver ending is canon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

“Parents Of Worst Detective Get Appropriate Tattoos.”

:(

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Your two halves are buried in separate, adjacent graves. The grave of your left half reads "Here lies some of a bad detective." The grave of your right half reads "Please rob the adjacent grave."

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

HMS Boromir posted:

Diver ending is canon

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Is it possible to do better than "ok?" I don't see a way.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

HMS Boromir posted:

Wooden Horse ending is canon

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

zakharov posted:

Is it possible to do better than "ok?" I don't see a way.
You can go to Heaven if you don't try any funny business.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

The people who write these adventures need to make a video game or something

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Sweet Jesus. As always, it's the last line.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

holy gently caress

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Diamond Joe just can't catch a break these days.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Oof. Wall Street Firm Develops New High-Speed Algorithm Capable of Performing Over 10,000 Ethical Violations Per Second

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's been a few days and I'm constantly breaking out into giggles over a dozen things from the last Clickventure.

"Goodbye, detective." "Goodbye, gun person."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Putin is so drat frustrated people won't jerk off to Russian women.