Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Dio's advance paid for top notch reconstructive surgery, ok??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I like the Gud, DavidPro did it again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Aurain posted:

Ahhh next week!

If he says GOOD in the preview, I'm going to lose it. :supaburn:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If he says GOOD in the preview, I'm going to lose it. :supaburn:

He loving does!

GOOD.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
D'Arby is the turning point when fights start becoming less about the Stand and more about the user. The Stand is just there to raise the stakes even higher.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shooting DIO!? should open next week unless they're skipping it or moving it. I can't see why they'd do either, so maybe they're just calling the ep D'Arby even though they've basically followed chapter names to date.

That GOOD was amazing. I'm so hype now holy poo poo.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
No way they skip it. Maybe they'll move it to before the Hol Horse fight but I think they'll keep it at the same place.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aurain posted:

Shooting DIO!? should open next week unless they're skipping it or moving it. I can't see why they'd do either, so maybe they're just calling the ep D'Arby even though they've basically followed chapter names to date.

That GOOD was amazing. I'm so hype now holy poo poo.

There's no reason for them not to call it D'Arby because Shooting DIO?! is only one chapter and is in no way going to be the majority of the episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't disagree at all.
Stardust Crusaders is all uphill from here for sure now Alessi's gone. Gambler > Hol + Boingo > Pet Shop and then the mansion. What a run.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This episode was worth it just for this face.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

LordLeckie posted:

The lack of the main villan seems to be stardusts greatest weakness really compared to the continual looks at whats happening with Kira, Pucci etc. DIO is great and i really wish we were seeing more of him.

I don't know if Kira is the best example, since he doesn't even appear for the first half of Diamond. But yes, more DIO check ins would be welcome.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

hoobajoo posted:

I don't know if Kira is the best example, since he doesn't even appear for the first half of Diamond. But yes, more DIO check ins would be welcome.

There were check ins on Kira every so often after Sheer Heart Attack though, those were great.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aurain posted:

I don't disagree at all.
Stardust Crusaders is all uphill from here for sure now Alessi's gone. Gambler > Hol + Boingo > Pet Shop and then the mansion. What a run.

D'Arby The Gamer is bit too long though, we'll see how they deal with that one (hopefully only 2 episodes).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't see how it'd be too long.

Part I: Hol Horse and DIO, Group goes to that cafe, D'arby introduction, Polnareff loses his soul, D'arby and Joseph get ready to play

Part II: D'arby and Joseph's game, Joseph loses, Jotaro takes over, D'arby loses, they use Hermit Purple to read his mind and figure out where to go

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gamer, not Gambler.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't see how it'd be too long.

Part I: Hol Horse and DIO, Group goes to that cafe, D'arby introduction, Polnareff loses his soul, D'arby and Joseph get ready to play

Part II: D'arby and Joseph's game, Joseph loses, Jotaro takes over, D'arby loses, they use Hermit Purple to read his mind and figure out where to go

Wrong barby

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This episode was worth it just for this face.

We know Star Platinum's the ultimate punchghost, but even Silver Chariot can barely restrain his glee.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Kurtofan posted:

Wrong barby
It's D'Arby.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Gamer, not Gambler.

Woops.

Yeah, I wonder if that one would be three episodes. I hope not, though. They might be able to fit it in two.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Woops.

Yeah, I wonder if that one would be three episodes. I hope not, though. They might be able to fit it in two.

If they make any fight last more than 2 episodes, I hope it's D'Arby the Gambler. I could easily see the fight starting halfway through the episode after Horsing around (hyuk), the next one being full Gambling, then Jotaro wins in the first half of the third episode. So the fight can span 3 episodes without actually taking more than 40 minutes.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Hol Horse and DIO will be 5 minutes, tops. Probably only enough time for a cold open. I seriously hope they don't try to stretch D'arby out to 3 episodes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

D'Arby the Gamer should fit well within two episodes if they front-load his introduction at the tail-end of the Petshop fight.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think I know where the episode will cut off next week, right after D'Arby manages to put the coin in the glass when it shouldn't have worked and Joseph is shocked. "It's your turn, Mr Joestar".

At least, that's what I'd choose for a cliffhanger.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I have to say that the fetus is still probably the most creepy thing I've seen or read in all of Jojo. I don't know why, but Alessi's stand is much more horrifying to me that even Green Day or Heavy Weather.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Apparently D'Arby is voiced by the second Netero voice actor in HxH 2011 (Banjō Ginga), he was great in it so I can't wait.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know who else Banjo Ginga was?

Liquid Snake.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

You know who else Banjo Ginga was?

Liquid Snake.

I almost want the other D'Arby to be voiced by Akio Otsuka now even though that'd probably be a hilariously bad voice for him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't know a lot of Japanese voice actors but T D'Arby should be voiced by a younger guy (than his brother).

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Iggy should be voice by Norio Wakamoto for his fight with Pet Shop; even though they have someone doing fake dog barking sounds for him already.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Phantom Blood tops the New York Times best seller list for manga.

Pretty cool.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Hopefully this means I'll finally be able to talk to people irl who've actually heard of Jojo.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm surprised. I was worried it was gonna sell like poo poo. That is fantastic news.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm so happy the digital release sales were not indicative of the physical sales in the slightest.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Now the test is how long it stays on the list. As you can see, good ol' Attack on Titan has been there for like a year and a half. It's good that Araki is now officially a New York Times Best Selling Author, though.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
So I just finished Part 6...wow, what a crazy ride. It's kind of funny to consider now that all of Jojo, or at least Parts 1-6, is secretly the story of how the world ended because of a horrible British kid. :v:

Rankings, because I've heard that the Something Awful Jojo thread loves Part rankings (from least best to most best):

1 < 5 < 3 < 2 < 6 < 4

Part 6 was amazing... the most insane Jojo yet, the best Jojo protagonist (tied with Joseph, and not just because Jolyne's female, but because she's the only Jojo besides Jonathan to have an actual character arc), the only legitimately unnerving moment I've experienced in Jojo yet (Bohemian Rhapsody mama goat what the gently caress), the best character relationships since Part 4 (and only second to 4, imo), the first real, actual continuation to the overall Jojo storyline since Part 3, and one of the better endings (yeah it was mean as hell, but at least it felt like an actual ending. All of the parts after 2 ended on an unpleasantly sudden and flat note).

TL;DR: part 6 haters are dumb and wrong.

Very excited to start Part 7, since it seems to be the general favorite!

The Unholy Ghost fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 8, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I unironically love how most every conflict that arises from Phantom Blood to Stone Ocean started because Dio wanted to steal Jonathan's money.

And then two arcs later he's rich as gently caress anyway and paying people to kill Jonathan's grandkids. :allears:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

So I just finished Part 6...wow, what a crazy ride. It's kind of funny to consider now that all of Jojo, or at least Parts 1-6, is secretly the story of how the world ended because of a horrible British kid. :v:

Rankings, because I've heard that the Something Awful Jojo thread loves Part rankings (from least best to most best):

1 < 5 < 3 < 2 < 6 < 4

Part 6 was amazing... the most insane Jojo yet, the best Jojo protagonist (tied with Joseph, and not just because Jolyne's female, but because she's the only Jojo besides Jonathan to have an actual character arc), the only legitimately unnerving moment I've experienced in Jojo yet (Bohemian Rhapsody mama goat what the gently caress), the best character relationships since Part 4 (and only second to 4, imo), the first real, actual continuation to the overall Jojo storyline since Part 3, and one of the better endings (yeah it was mean as hell, but at least it felt like an actual ending. All of the parts after 2 ended on an unpleasantly sudden and flat note).

TL;DR: part 6 haters are dumb and wrong.

Very excited to start Part 7, since it seems to be the general favorite!

Another low ranking part 5-er. Why didn't you like about it? Was Giorno boring, or something else? I'm sad at how many people disliked 5, or at least in comparison to the other parts.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just watched this weeks episode again.

"GOOD!" is pure distilled hype.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Zeruel posted:

Another low ranking part 5-er. Why didn't you like about it? Was Giorno boring, or something else? I'm sad at how many people disliked 5, or at least in comparison to the other parts.

It's pretty much the translation that kills it. I'm sure most people would have found it a lot more interesting if the translation wasn't so dull to read, lifeless, and sometimes just not making sense. Everyone knows that the translation just makes poo poo up pretty often at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it doesn't help that the translation makes giorno boring as gently caress compared to the people around him and the other arcs have cool protags along with cool supporting characters so it's lagging behind just from that at the very least

• Locked thread