Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

quote:

please go away with this dumb pc bullshit

quote:

Could we maybe pump the brakes a bit with everyone's tumblr fodder and Jezebel essays? Obviously some dudes on the paradox forums are going overboard and whatever, but it still strikes me as a bit hypocritical/opportunistic that in a game where non-white/European countries are innately inferior (and always remain inferior), called "primitives", and you can get bonuses for trading in slaves all due I'm sure to "historical accuracy" or w/e w're getting a DLC pack that's seemingly dedicated to putting women in largely ahistorical roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

quote:

pdox forums: please go away with this dumb pc bullshit

Wiz: Sorry to disappoint, but I'm afraid we have no plans to add console support at this time.

Wiz is the hero we need and deserve.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Wiz is the hero we need and deserve.

We need him, but will we ever be worthy of him?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

vyelkin posted:

Wiz, please change it so that this free DLC is actually a mandatory part of the patch.

Please?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
This is loving magical .

Please make this required, it's just too much delicious salt.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Don't make it required. Just make it so, that for one patch, the button to turn it off is broken and you have to have it on to play. Then fix it later on.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Don't make it required. Just make it so, that for one patch, the button to turn it off is broken and you have to have it on to play. Then fix it later on.

:thurman:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Dibujante posted:

Elizabeth I, ahistorical monarch.

You mean women weren't conjured into existence in the year 1980 as part of some nefarious SJW plot?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Ralepozozaxe posted:

:holymoley:

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY
#paradoxgate

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The real question is when is International Serb Day?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

quote:

One other problem is that focusing on the role of some women in politics, military, science etc... has the consequence of overlooking the role of women who raised children and were the centerpiece of the traditional family. That is a big problem of feminism, also today : belittling and despising the stay-at-home mothers and wives (who also worked, had an important social role in the community ec...).

Feminism in not only a war against men, it is also a war against women who wish to focus on the beautiful and important role of raising children.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Rincewind posted:

You mean women weren't conjured into existence in the year 1980 as part of some nefarious SJW plot?

Women literally don't exist; it's a Swedish conspiracy to sell free DLC.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

No he's right, I can't think of anything that'd improve EU4 more than a 'stay home and bake bread instead' option to every choice.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
So with El Dorado, is there anything to allow the Inca to explore without grinding through to ideas the long way? You can get a colonist through religious reforms, but the gist of my current game seems to be "conquer all the local powers, colonize everything, and sit around waiting for reformation rebels and Europeans for a hundred and fifty years".

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Is it too late to add an option to the Comet stability event to "burn the witch" if you have a female adviser who's tooltip says that adviser dies without the stab hit, but immediately fires a stab loss event that says you're an idiot, noone knows where to pick up where she left off before her execution? Or are there modding variables to do this later?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Roadie posted:

So with El Dorado, is there anything to allow the Inca to explore without grinding through to ideas the long way? You can get a colonist through religious reforms, but the gist of my current game seems to be "conquer all the local powers, colonize everything, and sit around waiting for reformation rebels and Europeans for a hundred and fifty years".

You should have plenty of time to tech up to ADM 4 and dump a bunch of points into Exploration. The Euros won't show up until the mid-1500s and you'll need something to do with all those ADM points anyway, plus running three colonists is way better than one!

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

zedprime posted:

Is it too late to add an option to the Comet stability event to "burn the witch" if you have a female adviser who's tooltip says that adviser dies without the stab hit, but immediately fires a stab loss event that says you're an idiot, noone knows where to pick up where she left off before her execution? Or are there modding variables to do this later?

:eng101: Actually, you only burn Protestants. Which is to say, if you have Protestants in your country and are a Catholic, you should get to just burn one instead of taking a stab hit.

Men cannot raise children. Biological fact. Checkmate, child-havers :smug:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

No he's right, I can't think of anything that'd improve EU4 more than a 'stay home and bake bread instead' option to every choice.

You probably could make a whole bread-based EU4 DLC-- medieval and early modern bread fraud, bread stamps allowing bakers producing adulterated or underweight bread to be caught and punished, the price of bread driving social strife (cf the French Revolution, etc.)

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Pellisworth posted:

You should have plenty of time to tech up to ADM 4 and dump a bunch of points into Exploration. The Euros won't show up until the mid-1500s and you'll need something to do with all those ADM points anyway, plus running three colonists is way better than one!

I suppose I should be relatively encouraged, since starting as Cusco is really easy compared to how many tries it took me to get No Trail of Tears without getting stomped by the Europeans.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Rincewind posted:

You probably could make a whole bread-based EU4 DLC-- medieval and early modern bread fraud, bread stamps allowing bakers producing adulterated or underweight bread to be caught and punished, the price of bread driving social strife (cf the French Revolution, etc.)

FRAMED! The inspector general has come back with a finding. Your inspectory loaf had four times the maximum limit of alum, as established by the Panufectory Commission. You do put four times (six times, but who's counting?) the legal limit in your loaves, but not your inspectory loaves! Who could have done such a thing? Your mind immediately leaps to your many rivals and your hand instinctively strokes the pommel of your rapier.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Speaking of France: I am thinking of doing a France game on my work computer on lunch breaks for funsies....nothing too serious, but I forget what people have said about doing w/r/t France's starting vassals - once you kick England off of the continent it is wise to release a couple so you can conquer them once the truce wears off, right? This frees up some diplo slots and makes it easier to integrate the ones you keep?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Bort Bortles posted:

Speaking of France: I am thinking of doing a France game on my work computer on lunch breaks for funsies....nothing too serious, but I forget what people have said about doing w/r/t France's starting vassals - once you kick England off of the continent it is wise to release a couple so you can conquer them once the truce wears off, right? This frees up some diplo slots and makes it easier to integrate the ones you keep?

This will only work until March 8th, when releasing a vassal cancels your cores and claims on them.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

vyelkin posted:

Wiz, please change it so that this free DLC is actually a mandatory part of the patch.

Yes, this would be amazing.

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY

StashAugustine posted:

June 28

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
To go back to my colonial problem, it seems like I can't enforce peace against Portuguese Caribbeans. Is there something I have to do? It says Invalid target at the start of the war.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

patchnotes posted:

- Iroquois (tag) rather than Iraq is now the primary tag for the Iroquois culture.

Paradox patch notes are always fantastic to read. :allears:

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012

Guildencrantz posted:

and tore away my ability to feel my penis

On an "actual problems" note, I just noticed that the patchnotes for the big gender equality patch don't mention a fix for the problem where custom nations can't generate female rulers and instead get dudes named "Maria" and "Anne" :ironicat:

June is Pride Month, make it random and it's a feature paradox. The tears will triple.

Cowcatcher posted:

StashAugustine posted:

June 28

Them's fighting holiday's.

Also, yes, please make this part of the patch. Say that the out pouring of support was so great that you decided to include it in the patch as a new built in feature of EUIV.

Bel Monte fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 6, 2015

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

Dibujante posted:

FRAMED! The inspector general has come back with a finding. Your inspectory loaf had four times the maximum limit of alum, as established by the Panufectory Commission. You do put four times (six times, but who's counting?) the legal limit in your loaves, but not your inspectory loaves! Who could have done such a thing? Your mind immediately leaps to your many rivals and your hand instinctively strokes the pommel of your rapier.

I unironically want this.

Everyone always says they want more to do in peacetime...

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Bel Monte posted:

June is Pride Month, make it random and it's a feature paradox. The tears will triple.

A Frederick the Great and Voltaire DLC? How entirely period-inappropriate :mad:

e: actually I would kill for "Great Advisors" to have their own lives and pop into and out of various monarchs' courts for ... various reasons.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

vyelkin posted:

Argas posted:

Yes, this would be amazing.

I would give Paradox money to do this.

Wiz, do a small Kickstarter or something. Each stretch goal can be something that will further make the terrible people panic, like black, Muslim, or non-heterosexual historical figures.

Dibujante posted:

e: actually I would kill for "Great Advisors" to have their own lives and pop into and out of various monarchs' courts for ... various reasons.

This would be pretty great. Having some advisors that can potentially show up in different countries (with assorted unique modifiers/events and stuff that can kick them out or make them decide to leave of their own accord to go somewhere else) could get some of the CK2 "people are running around doing stuff when you're not looking" vibe without having to revamp the existing system very much.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 6, 2015

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

One thing I've always liked about the current adviser system is that they can potentially be from any culture in your nation, not just your primary, which does a lot to create the illusion that they're actual people drawn from the various parts of your empire and not just generated from a single list of names from one culture somewhere (compare and contrast with, say, Victoria 2 generals and admirals).

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

alansmithee posted:

Could we maybe pump the brakes a bit with everyone's tumblr fodder and Jezebel essays? Obviously some dudes on the paradox forums are going overboard and whatever, but it still strikes me as a bit hypocritical/opportunistic that in a game where non-white/European countries are innately inferior (and always remain inferior), called "primitives", and you can get bonuses for trading in slaves all due I'm sure to "historical accuracy" or w/e w're getting a DLC pack that's seemingly dedicated to putting women in largely ahistorical roles.

That said I'm not gonna complain about new content, and the patch notes seem mostly good (I hope the exploration works this time around...) so yay for women's day or whatever.

Is the poop touching us? :tinfoil:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
That thread is quickly going down the path of them having to close it, as it is getting more and more toxic.

Which would only be acceptable if they made a new thread declaring it mandatory content.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
Please cause the game to CTD if launched without the women of history dlc activated.

Also what's up with all of the changes to allow regiment sizes other than 1000? Is that just for modders, or is it going to be utilized by the base game in some future patch/dlc?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Is the poop touching us? :tinfoil:

guys guys, ONE HUNDRED female historical figures for a game spanning almost four centuries and the entire globe?? don't you think we're going a little overboard with the SJW bit here

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Pellisworth posted:

guys guys, ONE HUNDRED female historical figures for a game spanning almost four centuries and the entire globe?? don't you think we're going a little overboard with the SJW bit here

But it also adds the chance for women advisers to spawn in your court alongside the MEN BEING REPLACED BY WOMEN LAID LOW BY THE MATRIARCHY!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

zedprime posted:

If you can detect whether an advisor is female, then it'd be pretty easy to mod in. And very awesome.

Kersch posted:

Also what's up with all of the changes to allow regiment sizes other than 1000? Is that just for modders, or is it going to be utilized by the base game in some future patch/dlc?

I'm very curious about the same. Are they putting in the hooks to jump down to smaller armies?

e: VVV That gif is amazing.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 6, 2015

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Pellisworth posted:

I mean, I guess if you want to add Elizabeth I or something that's okay, but connecting it with Women's Day is just perverse pandering.

/actual paraphrased post

Also, from the Kerbal Space Program thread:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Roadie posted:

That's pretty much it from what I can tell. You're pretty much in a holding pattern until Europe comes.

Bort Bortles posted:

I tend to integrate the interior ones, and use the others to feed a bit. With the new patch though I think you'll have to integrate, since otherwise you lose your cores (which seems kinda strange to me, but maybe it's to stop that very behavior?)

• Locked thread